Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rhythm based gaming dilemma...

Options
  • 24-08-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Right, considering buying Rock Band on 360 but I've a few questions:

How much is it? Game and band in a box wise.
    Are the instruments as unreliable as reported?
    Is the online good?
    Is it region free and is it worth my while looking into this?

Most importantly:
    Should I just wait for GH 4? I've heard reports that it's coming out in October, but this could just be in the US.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Cadeaus wrote: »
    Right, considering buying Rock Band on 360 but I've a few questions:

Is the online good?

Most importantly:
    Should I just wait for GH 4? I've heard reports that it's coming out in October, but this could just be in the US.

My advice is to wait for GH WT and then decide. Also Rock Band 2 is coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'd wait for rock band 2,it'll have better instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Keep in mind that Rock Band 2 is coming out in the States soon... it took how many months for Europe to catch up with them last time?
    And to answer your questions...

I think I got mine for €240

I have a blister forming on one of my drum heads but it doesn't affect gameplay. As long as you don't put your foot through the pedal, it's a decently well made kit... and unless you play with your toes halfway down said pedal, that probably won't be an issue.

Is the online good?
    Band play online is fun, but you can't play through the campaign mode online, which is a bitch. The standard versus instruments modes are pretty basic, but do the job. However, if your opponent is doing badly, they can simply quit and it won't count as a loss for them, or a win for you. Nothing major, but a thorn all the same.

No, not region free.
    I would recommend getting it... though if you have the patience, you might want to see how Guitar Hero: World Tour does, just to see what the dominant peripheral set will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

Thanks. I've looked into it and I think I'm gonna wait for GH4. It's out in the US in October, and November here. Though I'd take that with a pinch of salt. As I'm a drummer and that's what I'm most interested in, the World Tour drums look way better. Hopefully it wont be more expensive than Rock Band though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

you can get game and kit in HMV for €200 (180 w/ student discount). If the GH instruments work with RB/RB2 it might well be worth getting but thats not confirmed yet (RB instruments will work with GH4).

As for wanting to get the best drum kit there is look at this bad boy for RB2 :p
    http://gizmodo.com/5024531/premium-rock-band-2-drum-kit-surfaces-badass-is-the-word-youre-looking-for

It'll work as a proper electric drum kit aswell if plugged into a drum amp. The downside? it'll cost $300!

• Advertisement
Advertisement