Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE *IS* coming to Dublin For April 2009 Tour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Might start queing now.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Might start queing now.......:pac:

lol doesn't matter as ive learned from queuing from before 7 your asked what you would like and then told choose from these.The ole online touts/credit card sales see to most of the tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

jeffk wrote: »
    IF you get the cheapest ticket its the same as that other show.,so whos ripping who of.
    Is anyone gonna go to this?I know it was useless the last time(apart from orton jeff hardy)plus its a bit rich selling tickets around 6 months before it.

Yeah what a waste of money that was i'd much prefer to spend that money on Raw after WM 25 cheaper and most likely a better show and even if i wasnt going to WM i'd go to a London televised show for roughly the same money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

since its on in the O2 if you're an O2 customer you might get priority tickets they've done if for all the other events scheduled there so far, really hope the layout of the place is ok i dont want to be looking at a ring on a stage with no crowd behind it itll be wierd

I forgot the whole 02 priority crap,BUT i suppose people offered first choice wont go ill have the cheapest tickets please.
    Seems the casual fan gets sucked into the MUST get front rowish, where people that have been to a few realize further back the better.

You going to Wrestlemania Krudler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

does anyone know what the story is with o2 customers being able to buy tickets before everyone else?

expect a second date to be added aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

fatal wrote: »
    does anyone know what the story is with o2 customers being able to buy tickets before everyone else?

expect a second date to be added aswell!

That always happens. I hope it does this time too.

I really dont know if i would go to this one. Ive got two other wrestling shows that have burnt a hole in my pocket this month alone. huh.gif

So i'm not sure, its always a great fun night, and with it being the first in the o2 it will be strange. but i dont know if i am sold yet..

I really dont know if i would go to this one. Ive got two other wrestling shows that have burnt a hole in my pocket this month alone. huh.gif

So i'm not sure, its always a great fun night, and with it being the first in the o2 it will be strange. but i dont know if i am sold yet..

Chris man stop looking for a row,if you wherent on 02 and you didnt get a ticket im sure you wouldn't be doing a pr job for 02 then.

F`ìn stupid to say who does and doesnt get a ticket by who your phone company is.Bad enough touts/online credit card sales but now this. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Chris man stop looking for a row,if you wherent on 02 and you didnt get a ticket im sure you wouldn't be doing a pr job for 02 then.

F`ìn stupid to say who does and doesnt get a ticket by who your phone company is stupid.Bad enough touts/online credit card sales but now this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Isn't it just that 10% of the tickets for an event go on sale a day earlier for O2 customers? It's not as if all the tickets will be snapped up by O2 people before anyone else gets a chance to buy them

Fozzy wrote: »
    Isn't it just that 10% of the tickets for an event go on sale a day earlier for O2 customers? It's not as if all the tickets will be snapped up by O2 people before anyone else gets a chance to buy them

So thats say a thousand gone,say what 5 front rows?Then bang on nine bells the tout/online sales get there share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a non argument. Perhaps he is an o2 customer and is happy that he can buy tickets before the general public? There will be no shortage of tickets anyway.

So thats say a thousand gone,say what 5 front rows?Then bang on nine bells the tout/online sales get there share.

I don't think that they'll be making all the best seats available from the start. Also, any O2 customers here thinking that you can just buy a ticket when the O2 customers tickets go on sale, you've got to register first

What's with the hatred towards online sales? That's how I always got my tickets :pac:

Sorry jeff if you thought i was looking for a row here, i was just saying IF the tickets do sell out and another date is put up, it means they will go on sale a week after (hopefully) meaning i will be paid from work and able to get a ticket, priority or not.
    Never meant any harm here bud :)

Thats usually they way it goes, going by how it has worked with the coldplay tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

If it is the same policy as o2 London - 1,000 tickets on each priority sale split over all price levels. That means that the 1,000 people cannot all buy the same price level tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm in 2 minds whether I'll go or not. I'm interested in seeing how the new Point looks so that might sway me to go.

I'll throw the presale password up if there is one as soon as i get it

Edk- I'm debating going to Mania 25, been to the past 2 and would love to go every year but people are reluctant to go until the card comes together which wont be for months, might get some cheaper tickets in the raised stands this year instead of floor seats, couldnt see half the ring because of the light rig at 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm sick of hearing about the o2 customer preference whinging, if you don't like it, switch networks, simple as really. :)

VR!

I'm sick of hearing about the o2 customer preference whinging, if you don't like it, switch networks, simple as really. :)

VR!

SOMEONES on 02 :P

• Advertisement

TBH i wasnt gonna go this year at all and try for a package for 26 but I have a feeling this year could be BIG

I was ready to buy tickets for the WWE UK November shows but i decided on WM instead just sold TNA tickets for Wembley in favour of................ and still have tickets for AWR which will both tide me over

The last Raw tour really put me off and the fact that you are looking at €80 for top tickets with fees etc is wrong

SOMEONES on 02 :P

Yep, you've guessed the first three digits of my mobile number, only another seven to go!

Good luck now. ;)
    VR!

Yep, you've guessed the first three digits of my mobile number, only another seven to go!

Good luck now. ;)
    VR!

Sorry i don't go looking for mens mobile numbers :p

Sorry i don't go looking for mens mobile numbers :p

Thats because you don't have to, yours is all over the classifieds at the GAY BARRR GAY BARRR! :D:D:D

Sorry man, you know that i jest, but i couldn't resist quoting that song. ;)
    VR!

Thats because you don't have to, yours is all over the classifieds at the GAY BARRR GAY BARRR! :D:D:D

Sorry man, you know that i jest, but i couldn't resist quoting that song. ;)
    VR!

lol no probs man,a cult classic with the lesser known danger danger following on.

lol no probs man,a cult classic with the lesser known danger danger following on.

Indeed, as we move back on topic.
    Personally this won't interest me, given that all going to plan, i'll only be back from Mania a short time beforehand, between that and the show by that other promotion in January, i'm gonna be in the f*cking poor house!

VR!

Indeed, as we move back on topic.
    Personally this won't interest me, given that all going to plan, i'll only be back from Mania a short time beforehand, between that and the show by that other promotion in January, i'm gonna be in the f*cking poor house!

VR!

Have you been to Mania before VR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I could be very wrong but tickets mightn't move quite as quick this time if the whole of the new arena is being used as well as the economy looking gloomy. In saying that, if kids want to go, parents generally find a way to afford it.

Can't say im all that interested to be honest. Last tour was pretty dull in my opinion. I really don't think the 02 is a wrestling/boxing/anything with a ring arena. In the point if you weren't in the first few rows you could see nothing but the back of peoples heads (and those idiots who see fit to wear big retarded hats! ARGH i want to strangle anyone that ever wears a hat again!).

I'll probably pass on it. Considering the gloomy looking economy, as Vicne said above, i'll be interested to see how things go. I really don't see if being a sell out. its a 13,000 seater now is it not? Considering they struggled to sell out the last time, i reckon if they get 7,000 they should be doing very, very well.

Also, why do they always give crap notice for ticket sales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Its the first time in nearly 2 years that wwe are back in dublin, i dont think there will be a problem selling out. Why dont people just get the cheapest tickets as you always get a fantastic view even in the new point. I will never get people here insist on paying 60 or 80 euro to sit on the ground floor when you can pay 30 and have a birds eye view. I will also never get why people complain when wwe come to dublin there used to be a time when you would complain when they didnt.

• Advertisement

Its the first time in nearly 2 years that wwe are back in dublin, i dont think there will be a problem selling out. Why dont people just get the cheapest tickets as you always get a fantastic view even in the new point. I will never get people here insist on paying 60 or 80 euro to sit on the ground floor when you can pay 30 and have a birds eye view. I will also never get why people complain when wwe come to dublin there used to be a time when you would complain when they didnt.

Well im not complaining that they're coming (if that was directed at me). I'm just saying i personally don't have much interest. The new seating plan looks like its not going to be very WWE-Friendly either (But the Point was no better anyway).

krudler wrote: »
    Have you been to Mania before VR?

Nah, this will be my first trip, and the plan is to make a week of it.
    Hence why i reckon i'll be in the poor house by the time i get back ;)

VR!

Nah, this will be my first trip, and the plan is to make a week of it.
    Hence why i reckon i'll be in the poor house by the time i get back ;)

VR!

Oh it'll do that to you alright, good thing Houston is a dry city and dull as ditchwater there'll be nothing else there for us going to spend money on:D Orlando bankrupted me between the HOF, Mania, Raw and theme parks, thank god for 8.99 all you can eat pizza buffet is all i can say:D

Just whilst we're talking about WWE events in Ireland (i don't want to top the older post i made about Defiance);

Would anyone happen to have any of the event logos? Like the RAW Tour of Defiance logo? or the WrestleMania Revenge tour logos?

krudler wrote: »
    Oh it'll do that to you alright, good thing Houston is a dry city and dull as ditchwater there'll be nothing else there for us going to spend money on:D Orlando bankrupted me between the HOF, Mania, Raw and theme parks, thank god for 8.99 all you can eat pizza buffet is all i can say:D

Bye bye wii fit and diet so!
    VR!

Just whilst we're talking about WWE events in Ireland (i don't want to top the older post i made about Defiance);

Would anyone happen to have any of the event logos? Like the RAW Tour of Defiance logo? or the WrestleMania Revenge tour logos?

I think i have a tour of defiance tshirt somewhere with the logo on it if i can root it out will chuck up a pic , I'm a sucker for buying tour tshirts for anything i go to but its a horrible shirt all the wrestlers have big stupid smiles on their faces

I actually have the event program with the logo on it, but i am just looking for a logo tha ti can save to my PC (i like having that kinda stuff)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Here are three Wrestlemania revenge logos...

product-6110400.jpg

1211777534_f.jpg

1322928_1.jpg

Here are three Wrestlemania revenge logos...

product-6110400.jpg

1211777534_f.jpg

1322928_1.jpg

I don't think the second or third ones were ever used for us were they?

I rem
    emeber the First one had a SmackDown! logo splashed across it for their show in... 2005?

• Advertisement

2 shows now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I don't think the second or third ones were ever used for us were they?

I rememeber the First one had a SmackDown! logo splashed across it for their show in... 2005?

I'm not too sure tbh, it's what a quick google image search showed up. Do recognise seeing them before though, maybe just from when they were advertising them on t.v.

I think the second image might have been used when they had one of the WM Revenge tours in Belfast rather than Dublin.

I'm not too sure tbh, it's what a quick google image search showed up. Do recognise seeing them before though, maybe just from when they were advertising them on t.v.

I think the second image might have been used when they had one of the WM Revenge tours in Belfast rather than Dublin.

That is true,

The first from being the show from before the summer bash rds show,
    The second (as you said, was to promote a belfast show)
    The third was obviously for after wrestlemania 24, i had a paper clipping of the logo and a picture of hhh and umaga (i think) but that my brother uses as a poster now in his room :o

The rule is no MCD/TNA discussion. That includes any references to "that other show" or anything hinting at it. I am going to go back to banning people for posting about it

The rule is no MCD/TNA discussion. That includes any references to "that other show" or anything hinting at it. I am going to go back to banning people for posting about it

Sorry. Didn't think it was that strict :(

EdK wrote: »
    2 shows now

I just checked WWE.com.. they have only one listed... :confused:

Not WWE *shuts up*

• Advertisement

Oh right.

I wonder if they'll do the "wait til the last minute and announce a second show" trick again. Whats the capacity in the O2 when its a boxing/rasslin arena?

Oh right.

I wonder if they'll do the "wait til the last minute and announce a second show" trick again. Whats the capacity in the O2 when its a boxing/rasslin arena?

Would not be surprised if this is what does happen.

I remember queing for the last raw show they done, (i qued from 2 that morning!!)

And was first in the line and then the 1st 12 rows were gone!?

And then, after i got the tickets, went to go online on one of those internet coin things and it was announced there was a second show, an hour and a half after the tickets went on sale?!!

Would not be surprised if this is what does happen.

I remember queing for the last raw show they done, (i qued from 2 that morning!!)

And was first in the line and then the 1st 12 rows were gone!?

And then, after i got the tickets, went to go online on one of those internet coin things and it was announced there was a second show, an hour and a half after the tickets went on sale?!!

I've Q'ed longer :p

:o

But yeah.. If the O2 can hold more people than the point, im not sure if they'll do a second show or not though :(

I've Q'ed longer :p

:o

No you havent!! :P

A whos sadder contest? q'ing for a WWE irish house show

Haha JK

• Advertisement
Advertisement