Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE *IS* coming to Dublin For April 2009 Tour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

there is a pic of the inside of the new o2 in the evening herald, looks impressive but maybe will feel weird as its just a very large theatre

Link??? Cant wait to see it?? also is there no €30 seats for the wrestling in the 02?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

heymayo wrote: »
    Link??? Cant wait to see it?? also is there no €30 seats for the wrestling in the 02?

Heres some info:
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/exclusive-tour-of-14000seat-o2-arena-1482456.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

No pic of the inside :(:(

There's a virtual tour on the O2 Ireland website.

Very impressive it is too.

[Edit].....just click the sneak peek link on here.........

http://www.the02.ie/

Quite surprisingly no tickets are on sale on ebay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

No pic of the inside :(:(

My guess would be that the inside isnt even next to being done.

If its behind scheduale and its opening in december i say they wont be giving any pictures out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yup.

I have absolutely no interest in wrestling (honest). But the boy loves it.

It could be worse I suppose, last year I had to sit through 2 hours of Barney with my daughter.

Figured. For future reference, the shows ALWAYS sell out pretty quick. It's a harsh lesson we've all had to learn at some point.
    I remember the first time I tried to get tickets; if not for the fact my Dad was out in his taxi and rang me at Midnight to tell me a line was already starting to form, I would have been ******!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

if you get the actual paper you get to see the inside and it looks nearly finished. One thing for certain is that everyone will have a great view

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The popularity of these house shows are based on novelty and WWE hasnt been here in a number of years. It doesnt take a rocket scienist to figure out it would sell out fast especially when the product is more geared to kids.

rovert wrote: »
    The popularity of these house shows are based on novelty and WWE hasnt been here in a number of years. It doesnt take a rocket scienist to figure out it would sell out fast especially when the product is more geared to kids.

I think house shows are always just for the novelty, i keep saying it to myself that "This is my last show...." and it never works.

I know im not going to see some crazy spots or a title change, but dammit, its like christmas, all for the kids. And for all the kids inside us :)

• Advertisement

I expected the Dublin show to sell out very quickly - but, once it has been in Dublin a few times, novelty will wear off again and it will be like the Belfast show (tickets sell out alright, but over the course of a few months rather than a few hours). I remember the first few times in Belfast: 3 shows in April 06 I think and then it slowly dwindled down to the 1 show twice a year.

It is basically geared towards kids. The majority of buyers only bought because of their kids harping on about going to the WWE!

I think house shows are always just for the novelty, i keep saying it to myself that "This is my last show...." and it never works.

I know im not going to see some crazy spots or a title change, but dammit, its like christmas, all for the kids. And for all the kids inside us :)

For me being a non-alcohol drinker, I just consider the €80 ticket as the same as a night on the beer!:pac: In saying that, I have spent a few nights worth lately! I had to give in and buy tickets to Ireland v All Blacks & Ireland v Argentina (both @ €89 a ticket!).

I remember the first WWE show i went to, it was the Smackdown one after the tour of defience. It was crazy, i remember the main event was Orlando Jordon vs Taker.

But the mad thing was we were right at the edge of the tiered seats so we had to sit at an angle to see the ring.

But there was one guy beside me with his daughter of about 5 id say.
    And he was fully decked out, head to toe marked out like john cena.

I mean the lot, basketball jersey, hat, 3/4s jeans, even a lock and a chain around his neck ( i have no idea how he got into the point with it ).

But he was so crazy, the whole time i couldnt help but think how much his daughter was hugging him and the whole lot that it made me think....

"My kids better like wrestling!!" :mad:

:p

brolly wrote: »
    I expected the Dublin show to sell out very quickly - but, once it has been in Dublin a few times, novelty will wear off again and it will be like the Belfast show (tickets sell out alright, but over the course of a few months rather than a few hours). I remember the first few times in Belfast: 3 shows in April 06 I think and then it slowly dwindled down to the 1 show twice a year.

It is basically geared towards kids. The majority of buyers only bought because of their kids harping on about going to the WWE!

WWE is like the circus nowadays.

One of the reasons why McMahon turned to promoting to kids when he first took over the reigns of the WWF in the early eighties is that when kids come to the show a parent HAS to come with them. So basicially he is selling more or less two tickets while only advertising to one, if you get my drift.

Houses werent always a novelty there were times WWE ran the same cities very three weeks. The Memphis promotion ran the Mid South Colisuem every week for years until relatively recently.

I remember the first WWE show i went to, it was the Smackdown one after the tour of defience. It was crazy, i remember the main event was Orlando Jordon vs Taker.

But the mad thing was we were right at the edge of the tiered seats so we had to sit at an angle to see the ring.

But there was one guy beside me with his daughter of about 5 id say.
    And he was fully decked out, head to toe marked out like john cena.

I mean the lot, basketball jersey, hat, 3/4s jeans, even a lock and a chain around his neck ( i have no idea how he got into the point with it ).

But he was so crazy, the whole time i couldnt help but think how much his daughter was hugging him and the whole lot that it made me think....

"My kids better like wrestling!!" :mad:

:p

Don't know if I'd do the whole dressing up thing:pac:, but I have managed to get my 2 nephews interested in wrestling. Pity really, cus they are annoying the hell outa me to take them to a show. It'll be another few years yet I think!;)

Are you going to the Dublin show Rovert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Trying not to sound like a total uptight knob, I can't really see the sense in the couple of you guys who are going to Houston buying tickets for this ye get yere WWE fill 10 days before this far cheaper and probably to a higher standard

I dont think i'd dream of going to an irish house show that quick after such an experience, it would have to be a let down no?

I know all the factors new point, 2 years etc but i dunno

The horrible show that was RAW 2007 has tarnished me forever i think

EdK wrote: »
    The horrible show that was RAW 2007 has tarnished me forever i think

What didnt you like about that show?..

or which show in particular?

Are you going to the Dublin show Rovert?

My brother bought me tickets for Christmas wasnt pushed to go but he seemed to like that idea for a present so I thought it would better just to say cheers. Ive had worse presents over the years thats for sure and Ive warmed to the idea since he bought the tickets so happy days really. The seating details was sent to my work email and it made zero sense to me as it isnt in the floor plan on the website. :eek:

• Advertisement

My brother bought me tickets for Christmas wasnt pushed to go but he seemed to like that idea for a present so I thought it would better just to say cheers. Ive had worse presents over the years thats for sure and Ive warmed to the idea since he bought the tickets so happy days really. The seating details was sent to my work email and it made zero sense to me as it isnt in the floor plan on the website. :eek:

That was a very good (and extremelly early) christmas present.

But good all the same.

What does the seating say? or are you not telling us cos then wed all know what you look like :p

What didnt you like about that show?..

or which show in particular?

The first night which basically descended into a jobber fest, Shawn got injured HHH got injured, Edge moved to Smackdown

The cost of getting the bus up for Cork staying the night in a hotel and buying the tickets just left me feeling sick and ripped off, it was then i came to the realisation that WWE doesnt give a **** about Irish fans, they will feed them whatever they want for as high a price as they can get away with and laugh all the way to the bank, just my opinion btw

Our seats were infront of a walkway aswell just to make it worse and a big fat security guy kept standing infront of us

That was a very good (and extremelly early) christmas present.

But good all the same.

What does the seating say? or are you not telling us cos then wed all know what you look like :p

My brother says thats only one of them too so. :o My brother has the worst habit letting me know/buying stuff ridiclously early for Christmas when all I want is to wait until the 25th to find out. Anyway they are adding row of seating between the floor seats and tiered seats or some thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

EdK wrote: »
    it was then i came to the realisation that WWE doesnt give a **** about Irish fans, they will feed them whatever they want for as high a price as they can get away with and laugh all the way to the bank, just my opinion btw

WWE aren't the only sporting/entertainment/music event charging ridiculous prices in Ireland. Their prices fit right in with what the going rate is. No point in putting all the blame on them for the prices

Wasnt the prices i was complaining about as such if you get a good show for your money you cant complain

Figured. For future reference, the shows ALWAYS sell out pretty quick. It's a harsh lesson we've all had to learn at some point.
    I remember the first time I tried to get tickets; if not for the fact my Dad was out in his taxi and rang me at Midnight to tell me a line was already starting to form, I would have been ******!

I remember hearing that story. I know i Queued with you before. Sound Shop.. For the... RAW Survivor Series tour?

I'd like to see a second show confirmed, But not too sure if i'd go twice or not (no one to go with. Not sure if i'd do it on my own. Might not be anywhere near as fun :(

• Advertisement

I know im not going to see some crazy spots or a title change, but dammit, its like christmas, all for the kids. And for all the kids inside us

Truth that. I know one of my biggest mark out moments though was when Londrick seemingly lost the titles last time SD was in town. Sure, I hated Teacher's Pets, but a title change was a huge deal. Damn Teddy for restarting the match. (I always laugh though; how did Teddy see McCool hit Londrick with a shoe from the outside, yet missed Booker hitting Batista with the WHC in the middle of the ring?!?! :p)
    I remember hearing that story. I know i Queued with you before. Sound Shop.. For the... RAW Survivor Series tour?

I don't often queue TBH (I think bar the very first time, I've had other things which took precident over queueing), though you'd prob know my Dad if you queued outside the Sound Shop. He was the "big" guy usually at the top of the line with the Taxi. Apparently, he often let people in to stay warm as well <_<
    For me being a non-alcohol drinker, I just consider the €80 ticket as the same as a night on the beer! In saying that, I have spent a few nights worth lately! I had to give in and buy tickets to Ireland v All Blacks & Ireland v Argentina (both @ €89 a ticket!).

Pretty much the same actually. I rarely if ever go out at the weekends (Commuting up and down to Maynooth every day wrecks whatever social life one would like) (Actually, so does being a non-drinker in Ireland), so I see the money I pay for tickets as being my form of "going out".

(Apologies for a double post; just thought of something).

I know this sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but WWE must make a small fortune doing these shows. I was reading in Louis Walsh's book that it used to cost 37,000 Euro to rent out The Point (I would have said more <_<). Granted, it would prob cost a tad more now they've decked it out, but still.

If you say that it will seat 12,000 and that most people pay 50quid (Some pay 70, some pay 40 so balance that out), they'd make 6 Million Euro that night alone.

Add on top of that that alot of people will buy t-shirts, programmes and other such merchidise, and thats a lot of money. Even after paying expenses and such, they must make a nice ammount.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Neddieog

yea they make a nice wee profit

I don't often queue TBH (I think bar the very first time, I've had other things which took precident over queueing), though you'd prob know my Dad if you queued outside the Sound Shop. He was the "big" guy usually at the top of the line with the Taxi. Apparently, he often let people in to stay warm as well <_<

Very nice guy, i watched intermission and terminator 3 one night on his laptop. :)

Very nice guy, i watched intermission and terminator 3 one night on his laptop. :)

XD yeah, thats the guy.

• Advertisement

XD yeah, thats the guy.

Was he out yesterday?

No, I used the o2 advanced booking thingy to pick up 4 tickets on Tuesday morning, so there was no need. Truth be told, since the Sound Shop always seemed to take their sweet time starting up and since they've moved the Ticketmaster outlet to the town center, I think it's quicker, easier and a safer bet to get tickets from my own computer...

No, I used the o2 advanced booking thingy to pick up 4 tickets on Tuesday morning, so there was no need. Truth be told, since the Sound Shop always seemed to take their sweet time starting up and since they've moved the Ticketmaster outlet to the town center, I think it's quicker, easier and a safer bet to get tickets from my own computer...

Yeah its a sad thought that the multitudes of people (not an exaggeration) who used to wait outside the sound shop on those mornings cant anymore.

Stupid sound shop.

Me and another poster on these forums were waiting with your dad the last time and they still managed to open up at 1 minute past 9, so we had to walk, as they wouldnt let us run. Which is funny because there would have been no need for us to run if they had've opened on time.
    And we were first in que, followed closely by your da :rolleyes: and we still ended up with 13th row seats.

I think your dad got like balcony or something?

We got Row M, which I think is 13 rows back as well. Was annoyed cause he had texted me telling me he was third, and thought we'd do well. That, and on the night, we got stuck behind these three teenage girls who were wearing these stupid bunny rabbit ears who were obscuring our view.

Do you know if many people queued outside the Shopping center? I had this image of two lines starting either side of it, and when the place opened at 9, both queues running and finding out there was the other one, thus causing a huge fight over whose queue gets precident. :pac:

Do you know if many people queued outside the Shopping center? I had this image of two lines starting either side of it, and when the place opened at 9, both queues running and finding out there was the other one, thus causing a huge fight over whose queue gets precident. :pac:

Ironically thats exactly what happened

lol

Tell you what they should have done. Started up a Royal Rumble right there in front of Dunnes Stores, winner gets the best tickets. :p

lol

Tell you what they should have done. Started up a Royal Rumble right there in front of Dunnes Stores, winner gets the best tickets. :p

:D
    All joking aside:

Judging by the amount of people who were at the sound shop the last time, a lot of them were pissed off because of the lateness of the shop actually opening and the fact that they were turned away after waiting in line for an hour, thinking they were going to get a ticket which they promised their kid; could mean that no one qued up in favour of booking online.

But parents in this town are stupid, they probably wouldve went up to the new sound shop.
    And then when they were told thery werent being old there, they rocketed down into the center and flew into cd world thinking that they were going to be left ticketless...again :p

(Apologies for a double post; just thought of something).

I know this sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but WWE must make a small fortune doing these shows. I was reading in Louis Walsh's book that it used to cost 37,000 Euro to rent out The Point (I would have said more <_<). Granted, it would prob cost a tad more now they've decked it out, but still.

If you say that it will seat 12,000 and that most people pay 50quid (Some pay 70, some pay 40 so balance that out), they'd make 6 Million Euro that night alone.

Add on top of that that alot of people will buy t-shirts, programmes and other such merchidise, and thats a lot of money. Even after paying expenses and such, they must make a nice ammount.

I know that the Odyssey is £10,000 per half day with all other expenses added on top. Because they need to set up etc, the WWE hire it for 1 full day to set up etc.

I think you mean €600,000 by the way;) The o2 should take about €60,000 of that, ticketmaster will get a nice chunk and then the hotel/airline tickets for them all to come over. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I was told that the WWE store a lot of set equipment in the UK also for all the EU shows. That would produce a large bill every year as well I would imagine.

In relation to Irish ticket prices as compared to that in the USA, we need to consider that the minimum wage in America is about half of what it is here! That and the obvious additional costs for them all to travel over etc is the reason why we pay more.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I was told that the WWE store a lot of set equipment in the UK also for all the EU shows. That would produce a large bill every year as well I would imagine.

That would make a hunk of sense for all the european shows and that.

If that isnt true, they should do it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Neddieog

just checked the ticketmaster homepage and its been confirmed that a second date has been added on the night after on the 16th tickets go on sale 3rd of october at 9.00AM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

at last...its official folks!!

fatal wrote: »
    at last...its official folks!!

I wana go.

Yup. I know him. I think i also met him (and possibly yourself) a time or two when i was working for Dunnes and you were shopping?

He's a very nice guy. Got you a spinner replica for your birthday once? :p

(Actually, so does being a non-drinker in Ireland), so I see the money I pay for tickets as being my form of "going out".

Same.

By "watched", do you mean "watched with vague interest and then snored through them"? :pac:

Also, here's a quick thing i stole from the net before that i thought was interesting. I printed it out (i have to re-type it here). Its about the RAW tour of Defiance in 2004:

cant remember what site i got it off though.

The WWE RAW "Tour Of Defiance" tickets went on sale on Friday morning for the WWE RAW event to be held on Wednesday , May 26th (2004) at The Point Theatre in Dublin, Ireland... and sold out in six minutes!

A second show, on May 27th (the following day), was added, and tickets were made availabble at 4PM; these sold out in just over two hours.

Its the first time in WWE history that two events in the same building sold out in one day! More than $900,000 worth of tickets were purchased!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I remember when i got my tickets for tour of defiance on the saturday morning but when we got there we were told the 1st day was sold out but there was tickets left for the second date. That means that tickets didnt sell out in 2hours

By "watched", do you mean "watched with vague interest and then snored through them"? :pac:

:confused: I have absolutely no idea what your on about.... :o

:confused: I have absolutely no idea what your on about.... :o

Sure you don't... :rolleyes::D:pac::):mad::cool::eek::confused::P;)

I remember when i got my tickets for tour of defiance on the saturday morning but when we got there we were told the 1st day was sold out but there was tickets left for the second date. That means that tickets didnt sell out in 2hours

Are you calling the internet a liar?!

Will O2 do priority tickets again?

Sure you don't... :rolleyes::D:pac::):mad::cool::eek::confused::P;)

You forgot these two-
    :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Sure you don't...

Will O2 do priority tickets again?
    no reason why they shouldny

Yup. I know him. I think i also met him (and possibly yourself) a time or two when i was working for Dunnes and you were shopping?

He's a very nice guy. Got you a spinner replica for your birthday once?

You work in the Dunnes in Scotch Hall? By chance are you the guy who asked me one day where I got my Punk t-shirt? >_>
    And yeah. Have two replica belts now :P WHC and Spinner WWE.

• Advertisement

You work in the Dunnes in Scotch Hall? By chance are you the guy who asked me one day where I got my Punk t-shirt? >_>
    And yeah. Have two replica belts now :P WHC and Spinner WWE.

No i don't think that'd be me. I don't work there any more (haven't done so in about two years).

:(

Advertisement