Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you hand back a 50 ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Arion Online

Keep it and enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I'd pocket it, only because I know if I gave it in to anyone else they'd just take it for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

would have a look around, see if there is anyone feverlessly checking their wallets/purses/pockets, if not, into mine it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

When I was a schoolboy I found a £5 note on the ground and handed it in to the school's lost and found. It got me some serious abuse from the other lads at the time!

I got called to the headmistress' office about a month later though (usually only happened if you were gonna get expelled/suspended) where I was told that I was an exceptionally honest young man, that I was going to get a letter sent to my parents saying what a good boy I was, and that I was getting to keep the fiver as it hadn't been claimed. Score! :D
    I found a £1 coin in school once. I picked it up thinking "score! more sweets at lunch time!". An absolute arsehole of a teacher was walking by at the time though. He asked me if I was going to hand it in at the admin office. I said something along the lines of "I ah err emm" and he said he was going there and would take it for me. The office was in my line of sight and I watched him walk off in the direction, coming back a few minutes later. It never dawned on me to go to the office and tell them I lost money, I was just pissed he took it off me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BarryC

about a week ago in the local pub, the girl sitting next to me, tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I lost money. This took me by surprise and I responed no (I had no money on me). she said she found a fifty and ended up spitting it ith me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I found a £1 coin in school once. I picked it up thinking "score! more sweets at lunch time!". An absolute arsehole of a teacher was walking by at the time though. He asked me if I was going to hand it in at the admin office. I said something along the lines of "I ah err emm" and he said he was going there and would take it for me. The office was in my line of sight and I watched him walk off in the direction, coming back a few minutes later. It never dawned on me to go to the office and tell them I lost money, I was just pissed he took it off me. :mad:

Ha, serves you right, thief! :p

When I was in second grade I found a quarter on the ground and took it to my teacher. He helped me take it to the office so someone could claim it if they'd lost it. A couple of weeks later he gave me the quarter back after no one claimed it and said "Now, this should show you that honesty always pays." He was a really awesome teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

Judging by the amount of responses of people saying they wouldn't give it back, I think you'd be silly to hand it in!! Especially if any of the responses on this boards thread happened to be from a possible barman/garda that you might end up handing it back to!! lol It's unlikely that it would reach it's original owner even if you were to hand it back. Better in your pocket than someone else's (who ALSO didn't own it originally I mean.. :rolleyes:).

Advertisement