Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparison in seat sizes / legroom / general space

Options
  • 24-08-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum.

A standard Aer Lingus plane that you'd take from Dublin to Heathrow (can't really be more specific but assuming it's a standard one they use).

How does this compare in terms of legroom and general seat space compared to an Aer Lingus flight to Munich?

Then compared to a BMI A319 and a Virgin Airbus A346.

Thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Random wrote: »
    A standard Aer Lingus plane that you'd take from Dublin to Heathrow (can't really be more specific but assuming it's a standard one they use).
    How does this compare in terms of legroom and general seat space compared to an Aer Lingus flight to Munich?

Then compared to a BMI A319 and a Virgin Airbus A346.

Not sure of the name but there seat pitch/size comparison sites.

All Aer Lingus short haul aircraft have the same seats so pitch and size is standard for all European desinations (EI only use A320 or A321,). All flights to/from the USA and some Malaga flights use the A330 so have a more generous seat space. The shorthaul aircraft do have exit rows which have more legroom and no recline for the seat in front of you. These are 1,12,13 on the A320. 1,10,24 on the A321.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

www.seatguru.com is the name of the comparison website if you'd like to look it up there too OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi

To answer the first question.

The Aer Lingus aircraft you fly to LHR could well have been doing a Munich flight before/yesterday, they use the same aeroplanes.

I agree with Bramble , on a A320 ( the majority of the aircraft ) get row 13 , why 13 and not 12 , because 12 can't recline , not that I recline , but how many times my knees have been cut off by some selfish person in front of me ! You can't seem to get these on the website when checking in ( unless you want to pay extra ) , however I have found often if you check in at the SSK ( self service kiosk ) you can select it, of course this is a gamble .

Interestingly in the last 2 flights I have taken 12/13 were empty and crew had to move people into them because its manditory to have someobe in those rows

Does the 330 have much more room , of so it's only an inch or 2 , believe me the words

Comfort and Long haul economy class are mutually exclusive, there is NO such thing.

As for comparision to BD Airbusses, they always seemed the same to me ( I may be wrong ) .

Compared to a VS A340 , well I have been on these quite a bit , again the pitch seems about the same ( maybe 1 inch in it ) See my comment above re long haul.

I have been lucky enough to be in Upper Class in VS, now that IS the way to travel .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Davidth88 wrote: »
    .You can't seem to get these (exit rows)on the website when checking in ( unless you want to pay extra ) , however I have found often if you check in at the SSK ( self service kiosk ) you can select it, of course this is a gamble .

Interestingly in the last 2 flights I have taken 12/13 were empty and crew had to move people into them because its manditory to have someobe in those rows
    EI introduced the charge for exit rows and rows 1-5 as an extra revenue maker. The theory is good as some people like to get off quickly,others want more comfort. Cabin crew were instructed to prevent pax moving into these seats but inform them of the option to prebook these seats online. However the cabin crew (as a group) were quick to point out the regulations that state that it is preferable to have pax seated in all exit rows. A great example of a manager not familiar with a department having great ideas and not asking advice on them before implementing them.

Advertisement