Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving alone to test

Options
  • 24-08-2008 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Has anybody ever done this before and have they said anything to you about doing this? Is it more likely u might fail by driving alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

j1979p wrote: »
    Has anybody ever done this before and have they said anything to you about doing this? Is it more likely u might fail by driving alone?
    The examiner's remit begins when you are called from the waiting room. How you get to that waiting room is irrelevant from his point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Saying that I am sure we will have someone on in a while says their 2nd cousin met a guy a pub who knows a guy who had he tested cancelled because he drove there alone

jhegarty wrote: »
    Saying that I am sure we will have someone on in a while says their 2nd cousin met a guy a pub who knows a guy who had he tested cancelled because he drove there alone
    No doubt we will. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jhegarty wrote: »

Ay, we always do. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i drove to my centre alone and so did the 2 other people who were doing their test on the same day

i was never asked how i got there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My 2nd cousin met a guy a pub who knows a guy who had his test cancelled because he drove there alone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Caderyn wrote: »
    My 2nd cousin met a guy a pub who knows a guy who had his test cancelled because he drove there alone. :D

:eek: You too. Seriously I think you will be fine. Although I have to admit the OP question ran through my mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i know this was asked before but i cant find the thread

do you need a fully licenesed driver when you arrive for the test?

do they check when you come in etc?

The test begins when the applicant is called from the waiting room. How the applicant got to the waiting room is not within the remit of the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Question though...law (as i understand it) now says that you must have a licensed driver (qualified for min of 2 years) who is insured on the vehicle you are driving.....so for this this to be possible you either need to have open drive on your car or have the driving tester insured as a named driver??

Does this mean then that the testers are bringing people out uninsured (as you are not allowed somebody else in the vehicle with you at the time of the test)...hence giving them an automatic right to fail the driver (for not having valid insurance?)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

The test begins when the applicant is called from the waiting room. How the applicant got to the waiting room is not within the remit of the test.

Thats all very well but my 2nd cousin met a guy in a pub who knows a guy who had his test cancelled because he drove there alone.

daheff wrote: »
    Question though...law (as i understand it) now says that you must have a licensed driver (qualified for min of 2 years) who is insured on the vehicle you are driving
    The regulations specify that the accompanied person must have a Driving Licence in the relevant category and have held that licence for a minimum of 2 years. The is no regulation specifying that the accompanied person must be insured to drive the vehicle in question.

Advertisement