Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting 3mobile broadband, how?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭

Didnt know if should have put this in the 3 megathread or a new thread, seemed like a different topic to the megathread.

Ok so the story goes that a dark, dark day in June 2007 my family got a 3mobile modem as we had no other option. It did the traditional dodgy connection, poor performance, constant dropping of signal for minutes at a time etc etc.

Fast forward to last weekend, while browsing the signals I found I could get Vodafnes 3G signal (dispite them saying we couldnt) and after my brother picked up a trial of it we got a 1Mb connection and game pings under 100ms in the first few minutes (pity they didnt tell us they upgraded the tower almost a year ago, a year of 3 is not fun :mad:). And now this week we get word that our landline is now broadband ready (even though there hasn't been any work done by Eircom in our village in months, maybe years :confused:).

So what I want to know is what is the steps to be taken for cancelling the 3 account, payments and maybe get our deposit back. Do we go into the store and work it out there or do I have to call the helpline and endure delays, being put on hold for ages and "Are you sure you want to quit, even though you can get 2 far superior services for the same price now?" treatment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

You forgot the bit where they, no lie, beg for "one last chance".

Cancel ASAP as they have a 30 day wind-down clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Hey there,

I too had that dull dark day in June last year. . .

I completely lost the plot last week and told them to put the broadband where the Sun don't shine (eeehhh Ireland obviously) and they gave me 30 day cancellation over the phone.

My service is unbearable, and like you my line in the village has just been upgraded and I now have a choice of suppliers.

You can call their customer service on 333, and tell them you are canceling.

They will ask you if they can have a tech phone you, and that was where I laughed so uncontrollably that they told me it would be canceled as requested.

Best of luck with you new supplier.

Bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    And now this week we get word that our landline is now broadband ready

Who told you this? Many sales reps lie about availability, so make sure you get your line checked and that it passes the line test before doing anything.

To cancel Three, you can write a letter to them, and send by registered post. Give 30 days notice, as required. Ask for you deposit to be returned (if you had paid one). Write to your bank and cancel the direct debit (but make sure you've made your final payment). This way, you don't have to talk to them, or listen to their BS, and you have everything in writing, for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Once you tell them immediately that nothing can possibly convince you to stay with them, they put you through to the cancellation department straight away. I got a partial bill for €6 odd because my cancellation date and my normal billing date didn't quite match up. In the meantime, I brought my laptop into work, sat it beside me during the daytime (when of course it works fairly well), downloaded anything I could lay my hands on and got perilously close to my 10gb limit for the first time in 12 months. :cool:

Advertisement