Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My car was stolen last night!!!

Options
  • 25-08-2008 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Ok so I know this is an incredibly long shot but my car was stolen from outside a friend's house in Islandbridge last night (Saturday).:mad: I'm in the midst of that yucky 'someone else has all my stuff' feeling that you get when you've been robbed, not nice. On the plus side, it's a bright red Subaru Outback estate (00 TS) so it's pretty distinctive.

I have my fingers crossed that it's been abandoned somewhere so I would actually come and perform a little jig for you if anyone spotted it around their area. Cheers!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Are you sure it was stolen? The clampers have been moving cars for a while now. My mate's got moved from Camden street to just short of rathmines before. For days afterwards they were saying they hadn't moved it but eventually fessed up. If it has been stolen might be worth having a look in the green area behind St Theresa's Gardens (if it's still there), a few used to be dumped there by joyriders

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jdivision wrote: »
    If it has been stolen might be worth having a look in the green area behind St Theresa's Gardens (if it's still there), a few used to be dumped there by joyriders

Literally living 2 mins from there, if you don't find your own car just pop down and you'll find another 20.:D

On the topic of Teresa's Gardens (no "H" jdivison) people have strated being relocated from it, so it can be demolished, by next year afaik. Going to be some development along with John Players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Didn't think they could rob a 00 without the keys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

jdivision wrote: »
    If it has been stolen might be worth having a look in the green area behind St Theresa's Gardens (if it's still there), a few used to be dumped there by joyriders

Jdivision - Do you mean O Devaney Gardens as that is closer to IslandBridge than St Teresa's Gardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You might try posting in Motors too. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Jdivision - Do you mean O Devaney Gardens as that is closer to IslandBridge than St Teresa's Gardens?

It's not really, down along the SCR, about 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's not really, down along the SCR, about 10 minutes.

Didn't say it wasn't far to the Coombe from IslandBridge, just that OD Gardens is closer, which it is. :)

Do people drive over to STG from all over to dump cars? Not a challenge, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

my car was stolen from outside a friend's house in Islandbridge last night (Saturday
    Sorry for your troubles - any update from the Gardai?

Do people drive over to STG from all over to dump cars? Not a challenge, just curious.

Usually or take them for a spin after The Liberties. Haven't been in there in a while but a few years back it could look like a car park with the amount of stolen cars.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Thanks for the replies! The keys were taken from the house :( No news from the gardai but I suspect they have bigger fish to fry. I'll take a look around those places though - I suspect it's abandoned as it would be a hard car to move (I'm guessing, having never tried it). I'm coming to terms with my loss now though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The keys being taken from the house sounds much more like professional car thieves than kids joyriding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It could have been stolen to be used in a robbery or something like that in which case it probably wont be used for months and will allmost certainly be burned out.If i was you i'd write it off,you wont want to get it back wrecked so its probably gone for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

That dosest sound like kinda car little scum joyriders would take,it too distinctive,sounds like a chop shop job,
    And be honest,does be no joyriding or robbed cars round O'Devaney anymore,but all the estates that surround it like Drumalee and Mckee Park,Dunard,these were all the joyriding scum live

Hope works out for you mate

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Maybe they were gonna rob a horse. Then pop over to France to stock up on fine wines and cheese before heading to Glynbourne for the weekend. Then back over to Ireland in time to drop the kids off at boarding school before heading to the glue factory with the dobbins. Perfect motor for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Jaysus man your gas arean't ya:rolleyes:

Your about as funny as white paint drying on a white wall:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Jaysus man your gas arean't ya:rolleyes:

Your about as funny as white paint drying on a white wall:confused:

It's probably funnier if you don't have to google 'glynbourne'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Nope, just that I knew that was where a lot of the wired cars got dumped but given further details we've since got, it's obviously much more pro than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

1st post :)

Im a member on a car site www.dtdirl.com and there was a thread started there about a blue subaru impreza estate stolen (broke into the house for the keys) could have been stolen to order in which case its probably gone north. :( could be the same with yours?

sorry to hear anyway.

Advertisement