Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need more RAM - 90euro to spend

Options
  • 25-08-2008 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Just cancelled an order for another 2GB of Corsair DDR2 cause my motherboard only has 2 RAM slots.

Anyway, I need and want 2x2GB(4GB) and start smiling again. Budget of 90e shipped. Have looked on the net but too many shops and too many prices.

This is my motherboards http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=321030, which states that it supports PC2-4300, PC2-6400, PC2-5300 speeds, yet my current Corsair in it at the mo is 6400.

Is it a problem running a higher rated RAM speed?

Am i stupid or can my mobo take 4 sticks of RAM instead of two?

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Yes, I had seen that too, but unbranded and very cheap. I'm sorry but it might as well say Tescos on the side.

Unless someone can verify this RAM is legit, and it works just as good at a knowb branded one, I'll buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Give hardwareversand.de a try, I'm buying the same in a couple of weeks from them. GEIL are decent chips and at only €2.11 over your budget (because of €30 delivery) they're hard to top.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

That mother board takes 4x 2GB sticks of RAM

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I've used MemoryC before, have some decent prices and their based in kildare :)

Nick

• Advertisement

pogcica wrote: »
    That mother board takes 4x 2GB sticks of RAM

Really?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

0sy1btwr0mnanpiybt.jpg

4 slots,
    4 sticks

Remember, windows will only recognise 3.5 gb's of ram.

Cheers AS :) max out the RAM anyways

Advertisement