Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berbatov

Options
  • 25-08-2008 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Berbatov is a disgrace. Were paying him 50k+ a week for him to decide he's not up to playing?. According to Sunday supplement on sky yday a certain person connected with man utd whispered in to berba's ear and told him not to play and that it would force the issue. I hate those manc cnuts even more now...bloody hypocrits they are. Time to get Berbatov to sling his hook before our season gets any worse.

Don't know will i bother going to work today ..my head isn't right!!!.if we all had that mentality..Berbatov your a disgrace to the shirt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

is your name on boards connected to Berbatov?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

hussey wrote: »
    is your name on boards connected to Berbatov?

10/10 for observation ,berba on a spurs supporters forum , you wouldn't be part of mensa by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BERBA wrote: »
    10/10 for observation ,berba on a spurs supporters forum , you wouldn't be part of mensa by any chance?

Meeeeeow :rolleyes:

I'd get shot if I were Spurs. He's just a useful to you at United as he is sitting at home on a matchday. At least you'll have a tidy sum in the back pocket if he does go.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

I'm not going to go as far as to say he's a disgrace or anything like that. It's not a done deal yet and what happens if the 31st comes and goes without him leaving?

Well he'll be going back to regular first team football. Abuse wont solve anything and I really don't blame him for the situation anyway, it's complete mess on every level, not least Man U ****ing with him and ****ing with the start of our season. Remember not to take tabloid crap too seriously.

At this stage i'd prefer a moody Berbatov to nobody at all. Because there doesn't seem to be anyone coming to fill his shoes, does there? Bent doesn't seem to be doing the business and to be honest we actually really need Berbs.

What they should do is hang to christmas and sort this out between now and then. Line up someone good to replace him and also stick it united. They've ****ed us, so we might as well **** them in return.

At this stage i'd rather sell him to acrington stanley for 50 quid and take the hit than sell him to those manc cnuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

What happens if he plays against chelsea and bangs one in? I'll be singing his praises still. That said I'm not going to concern myself with any of it until whatever happens, happens. Screw all this indecision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Well he'll be going back to regular first team football. Abuse wont solve anything and I really don't blame him for the situation anyway

Why not? He was happy to sign a much improved contract not long after he arrived at WHL, happy to take our £50k a week when ManYoo and others weren't sure he was the real deal, happy to commit to an extra two years (plus an option on two more for Spurs to exercise)

His agent has been mouthing off for the last year about his desire to play at the highest level, and now his "head's not in the right place"...:mad:

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned he is acting like a prize pr1ck. I've no problem with players wanting out of our club, but if they do they should behave appropriately. Two goals for Bulgaria midweek but he can't focus on Sunderland so he gets a day off? Fcuk him and his poxy agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

BERBA wrote: »
    At this stage i'd rather sell him to acrington stanley for 50 quid and take the hit than sell him to those manc cnuts

Exactly. Tell every team outside the premiership that they can get this c*nt for 2 million and a packet of bacon fries as long as he never gets to Old Trafford. Man Utd are utter pr*cks the way they've gone about this. Never do business with the c*nts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/58332

I think they're talking sh1te but on the other hand I would'nt be suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Even though its financially Suicide, I would love to see us not budge and sell the prick to anyone else for a decent fee. even if we have to wait untill Jan what harm.

therecklessone put it perfectly I have no problem with players who think their ambission can be met better elsewhere. afterall if the club dont think the player is up to scratch right or wrong we let him go, Look at robbie If that deal had not gone through I'd bet my ass he'sdslug it out every week.

IMO this is no longer about money (even though I know football is a business etc etc) If we dont take a stand now against the The Top 4 teams doing this then its going to happen again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

While I am equally as outraged as most of you I feel I have to draw attention to the similarities to the Arshavin potential transfer.

As a side note I believe Zenit have just bought someone for £25mill so I assume the Arshavin deal is just done because I don't know where else Zenit would get that kind of money.

Anyway, the Mancs have done to us what we are doing to Zenit. Unwilling to part with their want away best player they smacked a massive price tag on him (hmm seems familiar), when there is trouble with negotiations the player literally went on strike. Ending with the fact that the constant pressure from the player and us will have paid off.

I have drawn attention to this a few times on this forum. While I would be happy to see Arshavin playing for us, is it a case that when we do get him to Spurs and he decides he wants to go elsewhere, are setting ourselves up for a sequel to this saga?

I hate the mancs and I now hate Berbatov (No longer THE Berb) but it's all about perspective.

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

The thing is utd will get berbatov for 25m(ish), next year they will get hutton, the year after proberbly bale... and the trend will continue, untill we break into the top 4. The only way thius will happen is if we can hang on to our best players...
    there is no place for a player like berbatov at tottenham, claiming he doesnt feel like playing??? sell him to the highest bidder outside of the premiership and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

4 words.Get him out now.He is a disgrace and hopefully he never wears the white shirt again.Tevez and Rooney will probably keep him out of the cnuts team anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

The thing is utd will get berbatov for 25m(ish), next year they will get hutton, the year after proberbly bale... and the trend will continue, untill we break into the top 4. The only way thius will happen is if we can hang on to our best players...
    there is no place for a player like berbatov at tottenham, claiming he doesnt feel like playing??? sell him to the highest bidder outside of the premiership and be done with it.

I'm going with Positive on this one. Sell him to anyone outside EPL even if it means accepting £8m less.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

this whole situation is part and parcel of everything that is bad about the epl.this is two seasons in a row now where berbatov has been a side showto the start of the season.
    he was given too much room to stir up sh*te, should have been dealth with along time ago either put him in his place and tell him we pay your wages now play or get out, the neck of the fcker not in the right frame of mind he is privalaged to have played for such a great club This has become a serious destabilising influence not only to the manager but also the club as a whole.i personnally wont be sorry to see him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

The whole Berbatov saga has opened my eyes to Ramos' handling of players.
    Now I know Berbatov was wrong in not wanting to play,but I think Ramos should have kept it inhouse. MU are laughing at the whole scenario,they've unsettled the whole club when they should be off to a good start.
    Ramos should have kept schtumm and fined him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

i have let my feelings be known here for a long time on Sulky,glad to see the rest of ye have 'copped' onto him.I'm a bit concerned about Ramos and the way it has been handled.Ferguson has a bee in his bonnet about being reported and is obviously prepared to let us dangle until the end knowing it would be extreamly hard to get a replacement at short notice.we should be more proactive on this and i think it smacks of weak management on our part.also team selection is baffeling everyone.our best left back is playing in midfield,Zakora is playing right full when he is needed in midfield,Jenas,Lennon and Modric are bombing foward with no player to hold the centre,dont ask me where Bently is playing but he should be on the right,and Bent is our target man when his strength is running between and behind defenders.Our manager thinks JJ,Lennon and Modric are physically strong enough in the middle for the premier league.between the 3 of them they would'nt tackle a good dinner.He sees Jenas as a leader,a captain of men.is this a joke ?The team is a lot weaker than last year ,we have no dependable cover at centre half,our midfield has no ball winners in it and so far we start the season with one centre foward while our manager tries to lick arse a Bulgarian into staying.is it any wonder why people are pissed off with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

i have let my feelings be known here for a long time on Sulky,glad to see the rest of ye have 'copped' onto him.I'm a bit concerned about Ramos and the way it has been handled.Ferguson has a bee in his bonnet about being reported and is obviously prepared to let us dangle until the end knowing it would be extreamly hard to get a replacement at short notice.we should be more proactive on this and i think it smacks of weak management on our part.also team selection is baffeling everyone.our best left back is playing in midfield,Zakora is playing right full when he is needed in midfield,Jenas,Lennon and Modric are bombing foward with no player to hold the centre,dont ask me where Bently is playing but he should be on the right,and Bent is our target man when his strength is running between and behind defenders.Our manager thinks JJ,Lennon and Modric are physically strong enough in the middle for the premier league.between the 3 of them they would'nt tackle a good dinner.He sees Jenas as a leader,a captain of men.is this a joke ?The team is a lot weaker than last year ,we have no dependable cover at centre half,our midfield has no ball winners in it and so far we start the season with one centre foward while our manager tries to lick arse a Bulgarian into staying.is it any wonder why people are pissed off with it all.
    Indeed you did let your feelings known on here about berbatov a while back and got slagged off for it as well as far as i can remember by posters who are now calling the same player a disgrace and telling him to fcuk off.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

The chap is merking the club off big style.

Paddy Barclay made a great point that the transfer window should open a month before the eve of the opening premier league game, therefore once the season kicks off, none of this sh/t would be going down. The whole affair has cost spurs at least 4 points imo.

I know it's easy to say, and not the most frugal of moves, but would many spurs fans be up in arms if Levy came out tomorrow and said that ABU can have him for £15 million. I mean, I could even imagine a deal being done with someone like Barca with Eto coming the other way and Spuds till netting maybe £5 million in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Just seen this in the Indo,

Tottenham Hotspur have told Dimitar Berbatov that he is running the risk of "rotting in the reserves" for a season unless Manchester United pay the transfer fee being demanded for the striker.

The stark warning was delivered yesterday to Berbatov and his agent Emil Dantchev by the club who are adamant that the minimum transfer fee they will accept for the 27-year-old is £30m.

Spurs say they will not budge on that figure.

If United refuse to pay the fee then Spurs insist they will not sell and Berbatov will remain their player even though he has handed in a transfer request and spoken openly about his "dream" of moving to Old Trafford.

If he then continues to be disruptive then he will be consigned to the reserves for the rest of the campaign.

Similar threats have been made to players in the past and are rarely carried out, not least because of the legalities surrounding such moves and the risk that is run in the player's value plummeting.

The irony for United is that it was claimed over the summer that Alex Ferguson was given the backing by the Glazer family, the club's owners, to take a similarly hard-line stance with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The irony has probably not been lost on Spurs which is why they may want the same message to be broadcast about Berbatov.

What is certain is that Spurs are particularly angry that United have continually indicated they will raise their bid of £20.5m for Berbatov, which was rejected earlier this summer, but have not done so while suggesting they are not prepared to go beyond £25m.

As of yesterday there still had not been an official confirmation that, with the transfer window closing at midnight next Monday, United had submitted a new bid.

Spurs are also annoyed that United have suggested that they must drop their complaint that they made an illegal approach for the Bulgarian.

Spurs regard this as a ridiculous demand especially as they secured an apology, and a donation to charity, from Liverpool after a similar complaint over their courting of Robbie Keane who left for £19m.

The Spurs board has investigated whether there are grounds for fining Berbatov because of his behaviour but the sanction has not been carried out as the player has not refused to train or play.

It was the club's decision to leave him out of the squad to face Sunderland.

Berbatov reported for training again yesterday, just as he did on Sunday, when he was called in for talks with head coach Juande Ramos.

The Spaniard is angry about the situation and wants Berbatov to leave but accepts that the club's board are handling negotiations.

Of more immediate concern to him, after losing the first two League games and with Chelsea their next opponents, is the failure to sign any replacement strikers.

Darren Bent is the only available option although club representatives again watched the Colombian international striker Falcao play for Argentinian club River Plate at the weekend. The 22-year-old is available for £12m while, as Spurs desperation has increased, they may consider a move for Ajax's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

Spurs insist they are no longer interested in signing Andrei Arshavin.

But both the player's representatives and his club, Zenit St Petersburg, still believe that a deal can be struck especially as the asking price for the 27-year-old has been dropped to £20m.

There have been claims that Berbatov is considering "going on strike" to try and force through his sale but this has been denied by those close to the player.

They make no secret of his unhappiness, but are also frustrated that United have not made a decisive move having courted Berbatov for more than a year.

United sources continue to claim that a bid will be submitted before the deadline and it may be that a compromise can eventually be reached if, as with the transfer of Michael Carrick between the two clubs, Spurs' valuation is met by add-ons.

spurs.gif

• Advertisement

rocky25 wrote: »
    Just seen this in the Indo,

Tottenham Hotspur have told Dimitar Berbatov that he is running the risk of "rotting in the reserves" for a season unless Manchester United pay the transfer fee being demanded for the striker.

The stark warning was delivered yesterday to Berbatov and his agent Emil Dantchev by the club who are adamant that the minimum transfer fee they will accept for the 27-year-old is £30m.

Spurs say they will not budge on that figure.

If United refuse to pay the fee then Spurs insist they will not sell and Berbatov will remain their player even though he has handed in a transfer request and spoken openly about his "dream" of moving to Old Trafford.

If he then continues to be disruptive then he will be consigned to the reserves for the rest of the campaign.

Similar threats have been made to players in the past and are rarely carried out, not least because of the legalities surrounding such moves and the risk that is run in the player's value plummeting.

The irony for United is that it was claimed over the summer that Alex Ferguson was given the backing by the Glazer family, the club's owners, to take a similarly hard-line stance with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The irony has probably not been lost on Spurs which is why they may want the same message to be broadcast about Berbatov.

What is certain is that Spurs are particularly angry that United have continually indicated they will raise their bid of £20.5m for Berbatov, which was rejected earlier this summer, but have not done so while suggesting they are not prepared to go beyond £25m.

As of yesterday there still had not been an official confirmation that, with the transfer window closing at midnight next Monday, United had submitted a new bid.

Spurs are also annoyed that United have suggested that they must drop their complaint that they made an illegal approach for the Bulgarian.

Spurs regard this as a ridiculous demand especially as they secured an apology, and a donation to charity, from Liverpool after a similar complaint over their courting of Robbie Keane who left for £19m.

The Spurs board has investigated whether there are grounds for fining Berbatov because of his behaviour but the sanction has not been carried out as the player has not refused to train or play.

It was the club's decision to leave him out of the squad to face Sunderland.

Berbatov reported for training again yesterday, just as he did on Sunday, when he was called in for talks with head coach Juande Ramos.

The Spaniard is angry about the situation and wants Berbatov to leave but accepts that the club's board are handling negotiations.

Of more immediate concern to him, after losing the first two League games and with Chelsea their next opponents, is the failure to sign any replacement strikers.

Darren Bent is the only available option although club representatives again watched the Colombian international striker Falcao play for Argentinian club River Plate at the weekend. The 22-year-old is available for £12m while, as Spurs desperation has increased, they may consider a move for Ajax's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

Spurs insist they are no longer interested in signing Andrei Arshavin.

But both the player's representatives and his club, Zenit St Petersburg, still believe that a deal can be struck especially as the asking price for the 27-year-old has been dropped to £20m.

There have been claims that Berbatov is considering "going on strike" to try and force through his sale but this has been denied by those close to the player.

They make no secret of his unhappiness, but are also frustrated that United have not made a decisive move having courted Berbatov for more than a year.

United sources continue to claim that a bid will be submitted before the deadline and it may be that a compromise can eventually be reached if, as with the transfer of Michael Carrick between the two clubs, Spurs' valuation is met by add-ons.

spurs.gif

I would do anything to see this. IMO if manu offer anywhere near the 30m we should tear their arm off at the shoulder taking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scotsmarc

Typical footballer ! Takes the money and runs. no loyalty no spirit and no soul !

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

I say let the cnut rot in the reserves till christmas and sell him to barcelona for 15 mill and really p*ss old red face off.
    He's a disgrace. He will NEVER be a Tottenham legend.
    I have never warmed to Berbatov but this is really taking the mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

all this talk of 'i always new this and that about berbatov'....'i told you all this...'.... listen, Berbatove is the most talented player we've had since gazza, the only one that comes close is klinsman. He was a joy to watch and it was great that opposition fans were also full of praise for a tottenham player. Even though he has treated the club disgracefully and should be disciplened it doesnt take away from his talent.

all this talk of 'i always new this and that about berbatov'....'i told you all this...'.... listen, Berbatove is the most talented player we've had since gazza, the only one that comes close is klinsman. He was a joy to watch and it was great that opposition fans were also full of praise for a tottenham player. Even though he has treated the club disgracefully and should be disciplened it doesnt take away from his talent.

No one player bigger than the club i'm afraid !. He's a disgrace to the badge. We all know sunderland were there for the taking last sat and what does berbatov do?...he can't be forgiven for what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't understandf all the bad feeling towards United over this from ye spurs fans. United are obviously interested in the player as he is quality but wheter he moves or not is totally in your managers hands.

If Ramos does like Fergie did in the summer with Ronaldo and dig his heels in and say the player is not for sale at any price that should be the end of it. As I understand it United have not made an offer for him or offically named him as target.

Considering his actions I understand why feelings are running high against the player, i had similar feelings about Ronaldo during the summer but Fergie is not openly courting Berbatov in the fashion Real did Ronaldo so there is little comparison between the two scenarios. I dont think United have done much wrong in the situation.

Talent yes, Charisma no.
    That''s why I never warmed to him.
    klinsmann was as much a mercenary but at least had good PR and charm.
    And he was a better goalscorer!

The Muppet wrote: »
    I don't understandf all the bad feeling towards United over this from ye spurs fans. United are obviously interested in the player as he is quality but wheter he moves or not is totally in your managers hands.

If Ramos does like Fergie did in the summer with Ronaldo and dig his heels in and say the player is not for sale at any price that should be the end of it. As I understand it United have not made an offer for him or offically named him as target.

Considering his actions I understand why feelings are running high against the player, i had similar feelings about Ronaldo during the summer but Fergie is not openly courting Berbatov in the fashion Real did Ronaldo so there is little comparison between the two scenarios. I dont think United have done much wrong in the situation.

I'm quite fond of MAnU (did I just type that?) but the point is they have been courting Berbatov for over a year and don't even have the decency to stump up what the club wants for him and are playing 11th hour silly buggers. If they really wanted him they would've put in an offer at the start of the summer instead of playing brinkmanship. So yes they're pissing the faithful off.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Talent yes, Charisma no.
    That''s why I never warmed to him.
    klinsmann was as much a mercenary but at least had good PR and charm.
    And he was a better goalscorer!

Very good point, Even if he didn't like/love/support the club the fact is he gave the impression that he did.

Noone here would be crazy enough to questions Berbatov's skill but If he can sign an extension to get paid in excess of 50k a week then IMO he is honour bound to give his all to the club and the fans who support him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Eamo71 wrote: »
    I'm quite fond of MAnU (did I just type that?) but the point is they have been courting Berbatov for over a year and don't even have the decency to stump up what the club wants for him and are playing 11th hour silly buggers. If they really wanted him they would've put in an offer at the start of the summer instead of playing brinkmanship. So yes they're pissing the faithful off.

No Eamo, you've got it wrong. Utd have done nothing wrong, sure Berbatov and his agent must have just sensed that there was interest from Old Trafford, it's not like they have previous for tapping up players have they?

Oh wait...:rolleyes:

Pay up or fcuk off should be the message from WHL.

Advertisement