Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berbatov

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

imagine.... taping up a player? wonders will never cease. Before you know it, clubs will be taping up managers, from places all over europe... oh wait, hang on a min...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

No Eamo, you've got it wrong. Utd have done nothing wrong, sure Berbatov and his agent must have just sensed that there was interest from Old Trafford, it's not like they have previous for tapping up players have they?

Oh wait...:rolleyes:

Pay up or fcuk off should be the message from WHL.

LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Oh wait...:rolleyes:

Totally agree with you Ronan.Spurs have never told berba they wouldnt let him go they only want what they feel is a fair price,so the ball is in manures court.If they want him that badly pay up for him or fcuk off.I think Levy has to hold firm on this one even if it means having an "unhappy" player on our books so in the future utd will think twice about who they unsettle.One thing is for sure if this deal does not happen Berbatov will have some serious making up to do,thats if the damage can be repaired at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

My head "wasn't in the right place" to get up on Monday morning and catch the train (sardine can) and go to work. Still did it though, I owe it to myself and my employers.

It's pathetic that these overpayed spoilt brats that we call footballers see the world differently, and what's worse they seem to get away it too. Doubt he was fined, wish THFC had the balls to dock his pay.

I honestly don't care if he stays or goes - no big deal either way - just another player coming and going as they please - I'm totally over the whole fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

all this talk of 'i always new this and that about berbatov'....'i told you all this...'.... listen, Berbatove is the most talented player we've had since gazza, the only one that comes close is klinsman. He was a joy to watch and it was great that opposition fans were also full of praise for a tottenham player. Even though he has treated the club disgracefully and should be disciplened it doesnt take away from his talent.
    yeah fine ,ok,all is forgiven because he is talented.Talent alone does not make a player and in this guys case a respectful and respected individual either.He is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

The cnut was only a year at the lane and was sulking about a move.

If he didn't think we wern't a club worthy of his talents, why did he come in the first place.

He undermined Martin Jol at the start of last season..the man he should have thanked.

spurs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Gerrytack... ive never stated anywhere that i think we should forgive berbatov of anything? where are you getting this from? all im claiming is that he is the most talented player weve had in decades and no matter what he says or does it wont take away from his talent on the pitch... off the pitch i think he's a pr**k of the highest order and im delighted woodgate gave him a box in the mouth during the pre season for being an arse..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Gerrytack... ive never stated anywhere that i think we should forgive berbatov of anything? where are you getting this from? all im claiming is that he is the most talented player weve had in decades and no matter what he says or does it wont take away from his talent on the pitch... off the pitch i think he's a pr**k of the highest order and im delighted woodgate gave him a box in the mouth during the pre season for being an arse..
    Woodgate gave Berbatov a box ? is this true because i honestly never heard anything about this,kinda hope it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

The more I hear about JW the more I think he's destined to become team captain at WHL;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

TBH I think Woody should be made captain now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

wouldn't it be great if a big European team came in for Berbatov in the next few days even for a reduced transfer fee.

I saw a sickening sight last Monday, a scumbag wearing a Man. Utd. jersey with "Berbatov" printed on the back of it..:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Eamo71 wrote: »
    TBH I think Woody should be made captain now...

He would be a wonderful role model for the young Tottenham fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

berbatovshirt_450x324.jpg

I think we're gonna be seeing this soon enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

IanCurtis wrote: »
    berbatovshirt_450x324.jpg

I think we're gonna be seeing this soon enough :(

Actually, I've already seen one last Monday (see post above).

seems the Berbastrop deal is looking less likely now.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

The Muppet wrote: »
    He would be a wonderful role model for the young Tottenham fans.

As opposed to captains the like of say Rio Ferdinand, John Terry or William Gallas then yes he would be.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    As opposed to captains the like of say Rio Ferdinand, John Terry or William Gallas then yes he would be.

Do you really think so? I doubt Sarfraz Najeib or his family would agree with you on that one. If wouldn't surprise me if the report of him assaulting Berbatov were true. Woodgate is a flawed character prone to outbursts of violence, I would be surprised if Tottenham or any other club for that matter ever made him captain.

Heres an article to support my point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2001/dec/14/newsstory.sport13

No Eamo, you've got it wrong. Utd have done nothing wrong, sure Berbatov and his agent must have just sensed that there was interest from Old Trafford, it's not like they have previous for tapping up players have they?

Oh wait...

Yeah Ronan , thats the way it works, Tottenham give an over inflated price and United just pay whatever they price they demand . I don't think so. I really rate Berbartov as a footballer but at this stage I think United should pull out and leave the sulky **** where he is, that would leave Tottenham in a worse situation than United. I don't see any other team offering £25 million for him.

BTW United players get tapped up too, but our management doesn't mishandle the situation to let it deteriorate to the extent Tottenham have with Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Do you really think so? I doubt Sarfraz Najeib or his family would agree with you on that one. If wouldn't surprise me if the report of him assaulting Berbatov were true. Woodgate is a flawed character prone to outbursts of violence, I would be surprised if Tottenham or any other club for that matter ever made him captain.

And the holier than thou Theatre of Screams have never had any scandal such as rapists, charlie heads, ticket touts, wife beaters, drunk drivers etc.

Kop on Muppet he's a typical Northern English lad from working class area. If we were talking Joey Barton standards then I would agree but can you honestly say you don't know someone who at some stage has been in trouble with the law enforcement. What do you think Rio Ferdinand was doing when he was 14.....going to bible school ?

Never stopped Real Madrid paying out £13.5m for him.

I sense some agitation in your posts. Your not by any chance an OAP ex Glasgow Rangers player with a big red nose are ya? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Maybe he should have restricted himself to insulting grieving American tourists in the aftermath of 9/11 like Mr Terry? Or maybe he should stick his car in a disabled parking spot like the same chap, that's when he's not getting caught speeding.

Or maybe he should model himself on Mr Ferdinand, miss a drugs test (too thick or something to hide, you decide) or two, maybe film himself involved in a spit roasting in Ayia Napa, or perhaps manage to wangle himself a six month driving ban?

Perhaps Mr Keane (Roy not Robbie) should be his role model, a few years as a piss head might have encouraged him to restrict his assaults to his fellow professionals, and then he could always walk out on his team mates on the eve of a major tournament for good measure.

Perhaps Woody should try the Cantona method of dealing with a spot of abuse from the stands?

Yeah you're right, he'd be an awful role model for the kids...:rolleyes:

Yeah Ronan , thats the way it works, Tottenham give an over inflated price and United just pay whatever they price they demand . I don't think so.

Nor do I. Spurs name a price, you lot decide if the Glazers have enough to cover the asking price. If you are too short of cash to meet the asking price that's hardly our fault, but you're still happy to unsettle the player and hope that him throwing a strop will save you a few £. Not the first time you've done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Bayern Munich are having a look at the Cnut.

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/64115

spurs.gif

Don't understand this at all.
    He's paid for his crime. Why can't you move on and get behind him ??
    Have you ever done something you regretted on a night out ??

He is more captain materinal than enyone else in the squad.
    He should be captain because he would do a good job as captian in my opinion. What happened on a night out 6 or 7 years ago shouldn't come into the equation.

• Advertisement

Don't understand this at all.
    He's paid for his crime. Why can't you move on and get behind him ??

He's a United fan Shane, he's not likely to get behind Woodgate.

It's noting to do with who I support, I just don't think that a man that can beat another unconcious because of the colour of his skin is a role model for anyone irrespective of who he plays for.

If you want to compare that crime with touting tickets speeding and parking in a disable spot or missing a drug test etc etc thats up to you but for me there is no comparison.

It's noting to do with who I support, I just don't think that a man that can beat another unconcious because of the colour of his skin is a role model for anyone irrespective of who he plays for.

If you want to compare that crime with touting tickets speeding and parking in a disable spot or missing a drug test etc etc thats up to you but for me there is no comparison.

There was me thinking a good captain provided inspiration to his team mates, and helped foster team spirit, while being his manager's voice on the field. Silly me, it's all about being a good role model...:rolleyes:

None of the above has any relevance to the thread topic, so get back on topic or find somewhere else to troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

Heres an article to support my point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2001/dec/14/newsstory.sport13

no, in fact that article supports nothing, it says he headbutted someone when he was 14 and that he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting someone else, he was never charged

perhaps you should check up on what he was actually convicted of, it was affray

A person is guilty of Affray if a person uses OR threatens unlawful violence towards another and the person's conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety

note the word OR there, there was and never has been a shred of proof that woodgate touched that chap

and if you think i was a racially motivated attack, you really havent a clue about the incident and shouldnt have brought it up

John Terry smashed a beer bottle over a bouncers head and did a few days in jail over the insodent in 2002. This rightfully didn't stop him being made captian a few years later.

Rio Firdinand missed a drug test and was banned for half a season. This didn't stop him being made captain of England and stand-in captain of Utd.

Eric Cantona vicously assualted a fan and was banned for 6 months. This didn't stop him being welcomed back with open arms by Utd. I'm nearly 100% sure that he also wnt on to captian Utd a few times.

My point is that human beings are flawed - even you are.
    Woodgate was tried for his crime, found guilty and paid for it.

Digging up this historic stuff and appearing to take the moral high ground comes across as just being bitter and biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not travelled today. C*nt. Is he not breaching his contract at this stage?

Sky Sports are talking like Spurs are playing games at this stage. B*llocks. The scum started this game. How is it that we aren't shifting him to Juve/Barca/Milan for 10 mill?

John Terry smashed a beer bottle over a bouncers head and did a few days in jail over the insodent in 2002. This rightfully didn't stop him being made captian a few years later.

Rio Firdinand missed a drug test and was banned for half a season. This didn't stop him being made captain of England and stand-in captain of Utd.

Eric Cantona vicously assualted a fan and was banned for 6 months. This didn't stop him being welcomed back with open arms by Utd. I'm nearly 100% sure that he also wnt on to captian Utd a few times.

My point is that human beings are flawed - even you are.
    Woodgate was tried for his crime, found guilty and paid for it.

Digging up this historic stuff and appearing to take the moral high ground comes across as just being bitter and biased.

It's not high morals it's just morals. I agree that he has paid a penalty for his actions and it should not be held against him for the rest of his career if he has altered his behaviour, but the commend made in this thread about him being made Captain was in response to an earlier thread that he had recently assaulted a team mate(berbatov) . Thats hardly grounds to think that he has his violent tendancies under control if true.

Ronan I'm not trolling your forum. I am replying to comments that other posters have made, I ignored others , though I do find those comments a bit rich all things considered.

If ye dont like supporters of opposing clubs voicing support for their club when they are being abused here maybe you should have a look closer to home to solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If ye dont like supporters of opposing clubs voicing support for their club when they are being abused here maybe you should have a look closer to home to solve the problem.

Well let's see. Your club is tapping up our best player and unsettling our team when it has no intention of paying what we're entitled to ask for.

Our supporters are ranting about the disgraceful way in which your club has set about business, and it is absolute bollocks. We're also saying that this player in question is a disgrace in the way he's behaving. Unfortunately, we're just expressing our opinions on our forum and it has no effect on the outcome.

You can come in here and express your views on our circumstances but trying to rile up our fans, it's not allowed in the Soccer forum, why would it be allowed here?

Woodgate is a good footballer and a commanding figure on the pitch, only him and Ledley should really be considered for the armband. The fact that he feels passionately about this club enough to tell that mercenary exactly what he thinks of him means that he is a positive influence in the dressing room in my opinion.

the commend made in this thread about him being made Captain was in response to an earlier thread that he had recently assaulted a team mate(berbatov)

If this is the comment you're referring to

off the pitch i think he's a pr**k of the highest order and im delighted woodgate gave him a box in the mouth during the pre season for being an arse..

The more I hear about JW the more I think he's destined to become team captain at WHL

I think you missed the point.

The point made was that someone who can put manners on a constantly disruptive team mate shouldn't be overlooked when the captain's armband is being handed out!
    And it was said with a :D big grin!

• Advertisement

the commend made in this thread about him being made Captain was in response to an earlier thread that he had recently assaulted a team mate(berbatov)

If this is the comment you're referring to

off the pitch i think he's a pr**k of the highest order and im delighted woodgate gave him a box in the mouth during the pre season for being an arse..

The more I hear about JW the more I think he's destined to become team captain at WHL

I think you missed the point.

The point made was that someone who can put manners on a constantly disruptive team mate shouldn't be overlooked when the captain's armband is being handed out!
    And it was said with a :D big grin!

Advertisement