Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berbatov

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Muppet wrote: »
    Ronan I'm not trolling your forum. I am replying to comments that other posters have made, I ignored others , though I do find those comments a bit rich all things considered.

If you posted on this forum with any regularity I would agree with you, as it is I see you dragging up incidents from 8 years ago to cast slurs on our players which are totally unrelated to the topic of this thread, and also to the player's suitability as a potential club captain.

If ye dont like supporters of opposing clubs voicing support for their club when they are being abused here maybe you should have a look closer to home to solve the problem.

I think it's yourself needs to look closer to home, you've ignored my comments above about your old hero Keane, despite his utterly disgraceful actions on the pitch as opposed to off it (and lets not forget his behaviour off it by any means, walking out on your team mates is hardly what great captains are made of, is it?) Yet you have the cheek to criticise Woodgate on this forum? And you wonder why I suspect you are trolling?

Finally, I don't see how you dragging up Woodgate's past indiscretions is in any way related to you defending your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

LOL Ronan you warn me for going off topic and then you go on a rant about Roy Keane. Cop on would ya.

I read this forum regularly and have posted in the past but as i am not a Tottenham supporter I don't interfere, however as this thread involves the club I support I decided to reply to some of the negative points made by Tottenham supporters.

I have to say I have had my eyes open to the claims of the mods on the soccer froum about complaints about trolling when all that is being voiced is an opposing opinion, that situation is obviously replicated here. I didn't expect my posts to be get unanimous approval here but at least some of the tottenham supporters have addressed them in an adult manner .

I don't want an argument with you or anyone else but My stated opinions have been backed up with articles etc, to accuse me of trolling is a cheap shot tbh.

LOL Ronan you warn me for going off topic and then you go on a rant about Roy Keane. Cop on would ya.

You know full well the point I'm making by mentioning Keane, so don't play dumb.

Woodgate's past indiscretions are no bar to him being a good captain, no more than Keane's were when he was at United.
    I read this forum regularly and have posted in the past but as i am not a Tottenham supporter I don't interfere, however as this thread involves the club I support I decided to reply to some of the negative points made by Tottenham supporters.

By raising a point wholly unrelated to the discussion at hand. For what reason I'm not entirely certain, but IMO it's not in an attempt to encourage reasoned discussion.

I don't want an argument with you or anyone else but My stated opinions have been backed up with articles etc, to accuse me of trolling is a cheap shot tbh.

And has been countered by me and by others, more than adequately.

That said, there was no need to drag up an incident from 8 years ago. You claim you were trying to defend your team from criticism, I don't believe Woodgate has anything to do with that, so why are you posting the crap that you are now?

You won't be accused of trolling for posting reasonable points on this forum, you will when you drag up unrelated topics to get a reaction.

Anything else you have to say on this do so by PM, do not post another word of it on this thread.

Now, everybody back on topic or I'm closing this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Kold wrote: »
    Not travelled today. C*nt. Is he not breaching his contract at this stage?

Sky Sports are talking like Spurs are playing games at this stage. B*llocks. The scum started this game. How is it that we aren't shifting him to Juve/Barca/Milan for 10 mill?

I presume because Levy doesn't want to give up an extra 15 mil or so just to make a point. It might feel good for 15 minutes but sometimes the money comes in handy. I'm not sure what the shareholders would say to "but we stuck it to those manc cnuts"

I presume by the scum you mean Man Utd. Its just that so many teams are referred to as the scum these days that its lost all meaning :)

I wonder was there a similar thread on a Seville website "Juande Ramos el tel to Spurs, estes el Diablo.... muchos grasias cnut"*

good point today lads. A Manc Cnut. ;)

EDIT : I hope Berba stays as I don't like his attitude and would prefer Huntelaar. Also be a bit of craic to see what happens to him at spurs if he has to get on with things. Feelings here seem to be more anti Berba than Utd fans were with Ronaldo even though he tried to fcuk over Utd as well. suppose he hasn't refused to play for us......yet.

*spanish may not be accurate

You know full well the point I'm making by mentioning Keane, so don't play dumb.

Woodgate's past indiscretions are no bar to him being a good captain, no more than Keane's were when he was at United.

By raising a point wholly unrelated to the discussion at hand. For what reason I'm not entirely certain, but IMO it's not in an attempt to encourage reasoned discussion.

And has been countered by me and by others, more than adequately.

That said, there was no need to drag up an incident from 8 years ago. You claim you were trying to defend your team from criticism, I don't believe Woodgate has anything to do with that, so why are you posting the crap that you are now?

You won't be accused of trolling for posting reasonable points on this forum, you will when you drag up unrelated topics to get a reaction.

Anything else you have to say on this do so by PM, do not post another word of it on this thread.

Now, everybody back on topic or I'm closing this thread

I think we're done with that anyway.

This sorry mess will be sorted today one way or another. Berbatovs conduct towards Tottenham has been vey poor to say the least. I don't think any player should do what he has done to get his move, It's disloyal and very poor form. IF he move to united I hope we dont find ourself in the same position down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

At least the whole sags will be over in 14 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This sorry mess will be sorted today one way or another. Berbatovs conduct towards Tottenham has been vey poor to say the least. I don't think any player should do what he has done to get his move, It's disloyal and very poor form. IF he move to united I hope we dont find ourself in the same position down the road.

Yeah, if I was a United fan this is the one thing I'd be worried about. I know he'll be chuffed to finally get his move and will most likely perform well, but if you get him sulking at all he will just frustrate you.

His behaviour has been shocking, like a child throwing his toys out of the pram. I can't wait for him to be gone, and I'd imagine he's gone from potentially getting a reasonable reception on his return to WHL to being booed off the park.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Yeah, if I was a United fan this is the one thing I'd be worried about. I know he'll be chuffed to finally get his move and will most likely perform well, but if you get him sulking at all he will just frustrate you.

His behaviour has been shocking, like a child throwing his toys out of the pram. I can't wait for him to be gone, and I'd imagine he's gone from potentially getting a reasonable reception on his return to WHL to being booed off the park.

Ya i know i've said it a couple of times but it puts the likes of robbie keane's behaviour into prespective! Hope the Keane does get a good reception, As for The other one i expect nothing less then random sniper fire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Best thing would be he goes abroad where he can do as little damage to us as possible. He would be lethal at man united you would have to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

From the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch

12.39 Reports from the North West claim that Manchester City have made a late bid to hijack local rivals United's bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov.

I would laugh if it happened but from Berbatov's perspective it would be no more than a sideways step if even that. But what a way to stick to Ol Red Nose and the mancs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

I'm finishing up an essay on Gorbachev and I keep wriring Berbatov by accident, its completly on my mind now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If nothing else, this should force the cash issue with those cheap f*cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

I think the City thing won't happen.

They were only taken by new owners yesterday.

Berbatov will end up at United and probably will want to go to Real Madrid when Ronaldo goes there.

spurs.gif

It's not Fergies style to pay big money for players of Berbatovs age, he's going on 28 so only has a couple of years left at the top of his game.. If the rumours of City 30 million plus bid are true I don't thnk United will match it and rightly so.

It will be interesting to see what happens later today . He could refuse a move to city despite a higher offer if his heart is really set on a move to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

SSN has said that Berbatov is heading to Old Trafford with Fergie now. Erm, is that allowed if we haven't accepted a bid from them? Surely that's blatant tapping.

It's not Fergies style to pay big money for players of Berbatovs age, he's going on 28 so only has a couple of years left at the top of his game.. If the rumours of City 30 million plus bid are true I don't thnk United will match it and rightly so.

It will be interesting to see what happens later today . He could refuse a move to city despite a higher offer if his hearth is really set on a move to United.

I'm sure if City turn around and offer 100k a week his "heart" will be very happy elsewhere

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm sure if City turn around and offer 100k a week his "heart" will be very happy elsewhere

I suspect you may be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

this is a big move by city is it confirmed 30 mill? id say aul rednose is fuming. it ll be interesting now all right to see what berbatovs driving influence is money or glory. At this stage once there is an end to it all and then roll on the january window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

This day just gets better.

SSN have just shown Berbatov in Manchester. He had a face like a smacked arse. didnt look happy at all.

This might cheer him up though. SSN are now reporting that Real Madrid are going to make a £36.5m bid for him. It's been reported in all the spanish media apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

1713: Fact time: Manchester United have been speaking to Dimitar Berbatov. Classic United, this. They'll agree terms, get him to sign a medical and then force Spurs to accept a lower bid for him as the clock ticks towards midnight. Allegedly.

From BBC website.

If this happened and the bid from City has been accepted - where does Spurs, City and Utd stand?:confused:

Needless to say, Win/Win would be he would be Deal Madrid;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clayski123

i hope berba breaks his leg. if he comes to the lane i will throw coins and bottles at him he disrespected spurs and alex ferguson should be shot in the kneecaps as he is a hypocrtical scottish slag. hate man utd hope chelsea win the title and man city beat the slags. death to berba, ronaldo and ferguson.

clayski123 wrote: »
    i hope berba breaks his leg. if he comes to the lane i will throw coins and bottles at him he disrespected spurs and alex ferguson should be shot in the kneecaps as he is a hypocrtical scottish slag. hate man utd hope chelsea win the title and man city beat the slags. death to berba, ronaldo and ferguson.

Right, this is getting ridiculous. If posters can't check their emotions just a teeny little bit before posting then I'll start handing out bans. If posters want to post random abuse then there are plenty of Spurs-only sites on the net.

That post is way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

On the bright side ye got rid of a moody lazy git who is well overrated at 30 mil. I don't whats to stop spurs getting top 4, ye should have done it a couple of years back bar the west ham debacle. Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal are there for the taking.

i'm off back to the soccer forum though as posting here feels a bit like walking into a bar full of locals who don't like your kind around here, best to turn around and walk back out the door back to my slags/cnuts/scum/etc. of a team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

i'm off back to the soccer forum though as posting here feels a bit like walking into a bar full of locals who don't like your kind around here, best to turn around and walk back out the door back to my slags/cnuts/scum/etc. of a team :)[/quote]

Some of the quotes in the last 24 hours were uncalled for even if I was slightly guilty myself (but quickly edited) however passions run high. You should'nt take it personally, as if your read carefully you'll see that those particular quotes are aimed more at Berbatov, Fergie, MUFC and Levy. Nevertheless, I agree, a bit over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Haha - Heart ruling the head there mate.
    Great sentiment - wrong place to vent it.
    Sounds like my kinda rant after 5/6 pints in the Coach :)
    Don't worry about it.
    Pricks like him come and go all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Pricks like him come and go all the time.

yeah, thats the problem! :)

Advertisement