Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a new power supply???

Options
  • 25-08-2008 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I am planning on upgrading my P4 3.0GHz computer by purchasing an AMD 3.0 Dual core processor, new motherboard and RAM. Before I place the order I was just wondering if my current 350watt power supply will be adequate to power the dual core processor. I just have a entry level graphics card without a separate fan and am not a gamer.

331906 AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz Socket AM2 2MB, BOXED w/fan
    322111 Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4,nForce 570 SLI,ATX ,Socket-AM2,GbLAN,DDR2,Firew, 2xPCI-Ex16
    333974 OCZ Gold XTC DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT, w/two 2048MB PC6400 XTC, CL5-5-5-15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Get yourself a new power supply 500/600 watt from a good make eg,Corsair,seasonic it will last you for years and is an important component in any PC,

there is a site you can input your components and it will tell you how many watts you need,can't find it just now maybe someone else can remember the site name.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

From the Building and Upgrading FAQ:

PSU Calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

ooPs :o thanks duffman and i spent 10mins searching the old threads

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cavanman

Thanks guys, much appreciated...

Advertisement