Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Parlours

Options
  • 25-08-2008 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, Ive been wanting to get a tattoo for the last two years and have decided to get it done this year.
    Not impressed with some of the tattoo places near me (im in the kildare/carlow area) so have decided to get it done whilst on holidays.
    I know its a long shot but can anyone reccommed a place in NYC?
    Ive read good reviews of Red Rocket but thought i would ask on here as you all seem to know what your talking about.
    Thanks for any help you can give me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

What style of tattoo are you looking for? Different artists have their own specialities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RoxySasha

Just a simple tattoo really. Rosary beads around my ankle leading down to my foot. Like Nicole Richies tattoo (but seriously i dont want it because she has it) ive wanted this for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

dare devil tattoo, world known place. might need to book ahead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RoxySasha

Thanks for that. I think DareDevil are also affiliated with FunCity Tattoo?? Ive emailed both of them anyway. Will let you know how i get on and if i get an appointment. Im not heading over until October bank holiday weekend so fingers crossed i might get an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Warhammer

The best Tattooist in New York would be ADORNED.
    http://www.nyadorned.com/
    I have list also for the New York Tattooists but theres so many!
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&view=text&hl=en&q=best+tattoo+new+york&btnG=Search+Maps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Around the corner from Dare Devil is New York Hardcore Tattoos. They are excellent. Stanton Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

RoxySasha wrote: »
    Just a simple tattoo really. Rosary beads around my ankle leading down to my foot. Like Nicole Richies tattoo (but seriously i dont want it because she has it) ive wanted this for ages.

This has become a bread and butter tattoo for most artists so you could easily get it done, and done well here in any of the major studios. Going to somewhere like NY Adorned or Brooklyn Adorned, Fun City, DareDevil etc is fine but you'll be paying a high rate for it, also rather then researching studios try individual artists Michelle Myles is the owner of Fun City and DareDevil and is probably booked solid for the next few months and I'd assume all the better artists in those shops would be too, Thomas Hooper is NY Adorned would probably do a beautiful job of it too but it's kinda like going to Annie Liebowitz to take your passport photos. Most of these artists are probably fully booked with full sleeves, back pieces and other large scale work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Zion Star

You should check out Eric Desmond at Horifudo, Smithtown, NY.

Depending what you are looking for of course, but if you're into Japanese - Cherry Blossoms, Koi etc. he's the man to see.

Really good at what he does.

He's a really kool guy - no crap - straight to the point.

Check out his work on the Horifudo website!

Advertisement