Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

firefox in corporate environment

• 25-08-2008 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone has tried, heard of or seen the use of firefox in a company environment. I'm so sick of that piece-o-crap IE and the lack of control with it. If it were not for the firewall and AV the place would be riddled with malware.. that might be ok but IMO it's a poor way of stopping it. Firefox with noscript allows complete granular control of javascript, which would be ideal if it could be managed easily on a few machines.. I'm not talking hundreds of users here, maybe 20 or so.. and there would be no issues with internal applications, purely for browsing.
    Also, does IE8 hold any hope of being a better solution ?. It seems a few months down the line yet, and god knows what sort of issues it will have.. whereas firefox seems very stable as of now, even firefox 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 strjms72

It will work just fine, I use it at work also, and everyone does. It is most certainly a better choice than IE

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If if just normal http:// than any decent browser should do

but if it requires activex or similar your choices are limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭stylers

I could install and set it up on a per machine basis but maybe updates would be a problem ?. just wondering if anyone has tried any form of group policy system or update system for it..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Use it in work with 99% of web based services, tabbed browsing is a god send when you have to have about 10 browser windows open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I use it here in work as well but it's a personal preference. If someone asks for it we'll install it for them but it's not offered as such.

• Advertisement
Advertisement