Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions / help etc

Options
  • 25-08-2008 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Hope someone can offer some advice. I have a hobby website http://theotherblackstuff.ie/ which is currently predominantly html coded with a small amount of css. I realised quite quickly though that something like Wordpress would be much more useful, keep everything ordered, allow us to add new features with relative ease.
    There are two of us working with the site, the other person (not me) is the tech person (read: programmer).
    What I'd like to know is: would it be possible to create a wordpress theme that is very similar to the current layout?

Are there any decent tutorials to do this for:
    (a) me - with little to no coding knowledge
    or
    (b) my colleague - who is a computer programmer, but doesn't work much with web stuff.

If there are any other suggestions, such as alternatives to wordpress, or any other routes you might suggest - that would be great.

Thanks,

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

That's a very simple design. It wouldn't take long to convert to HTML/CSS. I suggest you post to adverts.ie - I'd say you'll get a student who might do it for you cheaply.

Alternatively, these guys will take a design and convert it into a CSS wordpress template for about 250 quid which is pretty good.
    http://www.psd2html.com/order-now.html

If you want to go it alone, you should be able to do it if you got this far. You're already using a good bit of CSS, so you just need to handle the layout. The easiest thing is to take one of the wordpress CSS templates that's free. Find one that is closest to your current design, and then just modify it. You'll probably just need to change the colours, and the header graphics really. If you're interested in web stuff at all and have the time, I'd say you should give this option a go. It's not too difficult to modify someone's code and it'd be a lot of fun.

www.cssbasics.com is a good place to start.

Good luck!

Advertisement