Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Obtaining Death Benefit on Travel Insurance policy.

• 25-08-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm single 56 years old, with no dependants, and as of yet no will. (don't have much!)

Started overseas travelling last year, and now visit Spain 2 or 3 times a year and have an annual multi-trip policy.

I'm thinking that should a fatal accident happen abroad this would involve some expense for my brother/sisters. I would like them to get the benefit of the cover provided by this policy, with the least fuss possible.

What should I do to enable them to claim this benefit. Is making a will the only way.

Thanks ( maybe a link to info on making a will on the cheap)

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Keep in mind, that while you may consider that you have little to leave behind when you die at the moment, your family may not think the same..
    Personal belongings are very important. We have all heard of people leaving rings etc to family members. it can be something as simple as a book. the point is that people feel better dealing with your death if they think you were thinking of them..

NOW I HAVE NO LEGAL BACKGROUND

But as far as I am aware you can leave a will at ZERO cost....
    the link I have supplied is for the UK but I THINK it may be the same as the IRISH law for what you want to do.. If its not then a simple www.google.ie
    search for FREE will making or services should uncover the info for you.

http://www.make-your-will.co.uk/

P.S. might be easier not to die anytime soon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

While legal advice cannot be given here, I can say that a life insurance policy will pay out to the holder of the policy. For example, if a company takes out a life insurance policy on a director, with the company as the owner and the director as the life-assured, the policy will pay to the company. In most cases, the owner is the life-assured and the policy will pay out to his or her estate.

While you may not have much, it is still very important to have a will. Probate can be a long and comlicated process even where there is very little value in the estate. Having a will saves a lot of time and energy for family/friends who have to sort out the deceased person's affairs.

It is possible to make your own will (as indicated above). It is important to be precise and to ensure that it is witnessed by TWO people who DO NOT receive anything in the will. I would really recommend having one made by a solicitor though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Legal advice can not be sought or given, this is seeking advice particular to the posters situation. Thread locked, infraction given.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement