Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VTOS or Grant

• 25-08-2008 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I am returning to college next month and have 2 options.
    I can either claim VTOS and get free creche facilities.
    Or i can Claim Back To Education Allowance and pay creche fees.
    If i claim the VTOS am i still entitled to apply for the Grant????
    Stuck on which way to go??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Athina

As far as I am aware it really depends on what course you are thinking of doing and whether it is accredited by FETAC or HETAC.

Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (V.T.O.S) is second chance education for unemployed people who may have left school without gaining any formal qualifications. V.T.O.S offer a variety of FETAC level courses including the Leaving Certificate in various centres around the country. Participants get paid an allowance for attendance and also contributions are made towards creche and childminding fees. You will not get paid a grant if attending a V.T.O.S. course.

The Back to Education Allowance is paid to students who are doing a course leading to a recognised qualification in a third level college. Currently to be eligible for this allowance, participants have to be in receipt of unemployment benefits for six months prior to enrolling in college. Participants may also qualify for the third level maintenance grant subject to a means test. No creche fees will be paid but there are various bursery funds which may be available from local partnerships to help disadvantaged students. Some colleges may have creche facilities on site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

Thank You.

Advertisement