Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc to tv problem

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

i got a sharp 42 inch 1080 and tried connecting my pc to it, it has a standard monitor connection, also s-video and of course hdmi. however once i put on EXT4 (std monitor channel), nothing happens, same for ext 4 (svid), not tried hdmi ports yet as not had chance to pickup connector yet and i have also nvidia 8600gt gfx card.

also, would point out that ext1 + ext 2 ports both work for xbox and playstation, however these are the scart ports.

i am totally baffled as to why this does not work ! any advice welcome !

the only thing i can think of is that the tv is ot picking up the frequency of the pc output, but there does not seem to be anyway to tune in ext channels, so then this leads me to beleive that perhaps i need to activate something on the graphics card ? however i am really guesstimating !

thanks in advance for any tips !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

What Gfx card do you have?

With Nvidia cards you could try this,
    Right clight on desktop and try nvidia control panel.Try changing Video and tv or Hd format settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭action jackson

i have a nvdia 8600m gt on my laptop, with hdmi port. dual screen works on another 22 inch philips screen i got, but not on 42 inch sharp 1080 lcd. also the nvdia settings detect the screen, however it remains black, even after setting it to clone. which i find very odd, as it is detected.

so, the normal computer to monitor screen connector does not work on sharp tv, nor does svideo, and my last resort is the hdmi port.

Advertisement