Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q on Lavor 160 Pressure Washer and long hose

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I've recently bought a Pressure washer(The Lavor 160 model that Lidl were doing a few weeks back).
    The Washer is working okay but the pressure indicator on the gun gives a pressure of about 1000-1100 psi but it should be considerably more than this(its rated to 160bar ~2240psi).
    I'm currently using a 30m hose(1/2 inch)! It's coiled but not kinked when I'm using it and I'm wondering if this could be impacting the pressure.

I don't have a garden tap so I have it connected directly to the connection that the washing machine would use(as this is in the utility room near the back door). The pressure from would seem to be good.

I'm considering cutting a 10m section of hose and fully unwind this. I can always use connections to link it back to the other 20m section if needed.

Any chance that this can help? I suppose it does make sense that the turns in the hose could slow the flow rate.
    Thanks

EDIT: Mod, please move to DIY if it is better suited in there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I think power washers have whats called rated pressure which is the 160 bar in your case and a working pressure which will be considerably lower. Presumably this is about the 1100 psi.

If there was a problem with the water supply, you would notice a difference in the sound of the machine and the jet wouldn't be totally consistent.

Does it work ok besides?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Thanks for the reply!
    It can lose pressure from time to time but this could just be someone getting a glass of water!

It would seem that the 78-79 bar pressure that I'm getting is an awfully long way from the 160bar rating!
    I think I'll cut hose shorter and see if that gives me a little more pressure.
    EDIT: Actually just checked operating pressure on manual, it's 135bar +/- 10%. So thats 1701-2079.

It's functioning fine but takes a couple of passes to remove some dirt.

If anyone else has this model pressure washer I'd be interested in your pressure readings.
    Thanks

Advertisement