Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has esatbt email settings changed?

• 25-08-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have esat BT broadband and an eircom email. Up to now it has been working fine with the settings below

Incoming MS:mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing MS:mail.iol.ie

But now I get the outlook pop up box that I have included. My username and password are fine( I just put the xxx's in) as I am able to log in via eircoms online site.After pressing ok a couple of times and getting now were I then click cancel and get the second pop up box I have included. I have also deleted the user account in outlook and done a new one. I also went into the registery and tried to delete where outlook stores the psw but no joy. Anyone else have any ideas

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Maybe try webmail.eircom.net as the incoming MS? I think I seen someone mention that worked in another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

random wrote: »
    Maybe try webmail.eircom.net as the incoming MS? I think I seen someone mention that worked in another thread.

+1
    Nice of Eircom to change servers without telling anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers Random that worked a treat, any idea why eircom changed their usual mail1. By the way I think you will be up for the quickest response to a post award;)

Thanks alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

3 mins? Nah .. I've done better, far from my personal best ;)

And no clue why they changed their server .. do they need a reason? It's Eircom! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mail1.eircom.net is working just fine here at the moment.

What does happen from time to time is that their authentication goes up the spout and it'll refuse to let you log in. It usually manages to sort itself out after a while though. It'll also sometimes just fail to respond in any shape or form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Alun wrote: »
    mail1.eircom.net is working just fine here at the moment.

What does happen from time to time is that their authentication goes up the spout and it'll refuse to let you log in. It usually manages to sort itself out after a while though. It'll also sometimes just fail to respond in any shape or form.

Nope, not the problem this time. webmail.eircom.net is a permanent change to go with their new email system. They're migrating users to it in batches. Only users on the new system get this problem but it'll happen to everyone eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Webmail.eircom.net has decided to stop working, anyone else having this problem

Thanks

Advertisement