Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling from Blanch to Finglas.....

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

What is the best way to cycle from Blanch to Finglas without being killed. I often see people cycling on the N3, surely they don't cycle across that roundabout to go to town.... Please advise..

Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not really any ideal route unfortunately. This is the most direct route I can think of that won't get you killed:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=53.377089,-6.309371&spn=0.004551,0.009656&z=17&msid=103820776091211683817.00045545dbcc5518c8741

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Btw, if you're going to North Finglas, then out of the 3 routes: Bray Lane (through Kilshane Cross), Cappagh Road and River Road, Cappagh Road is probably the safest. Still not a pleasant cycle by any means, but not as crazy as the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi,

What is the best way to cycle from Blanch to Finglas without being killed. I often see people cycling on the N3, surely they don't cycle across that roundabout to go to town.... Please advise..

Cheers folks

I would suggest that you can follow the canal route under the M50 (close to 12th lock). Then down Talbot Ct and Woodview Pk. Continue thru small (painted) roundabout at bottom of Auburn Ave. Cycle down the lane to St Bridgets GAA grund. From there there is a cycle lane to the bridge over to Phoenix Pk ststaion. From there follow the bus lane to Ashtown roundabout. Then from the Ashtown station, you have the canal towpath to Finglas.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It really does all depend on exactly where you are starting from/going to. Blanch/Finglas is too general to give you a good reply. Eg if at the right end of blanch then through castleknock and the park then through cabra is a nice cycle. If at the other end then back roads are best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Did this a couple of times, it's a bitch of a cycle, there's no easy way round.
    No, you don't need to do the N3 roundabout, there's a food bridge nearby you can use.
    Here's the route I took Drumcondra to Blanch, there's a couple of ways you can make it shorter, but I generally found none of them to be very safe...
    http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/blanchardstown%20village/651354835490

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

Strange questain. like cop says the locations are so hugh in both places.
    I would suggest if your that aprehensive about about the N3 which is perfectly safe if you are a resonable competent rider. If your not perhaps you might get more pleasure by taking the bike to the phoenix park cycle paths.

Advertisement