Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen insurance cover query

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

A kid put a crack in my windscreen at the weekend with a football and didn't stick around afterwards so I'm faced with getting it replaced via my insurance's windscreen cover.

I believe it doesn't effect no-claims, but I was planning on shopping around for new insurance this November, so will other insurance companies refuse to touch me if I claim for a windscreen replacement?

I am with Quinn Direct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I guess ask your current insurance company if it will be mentioned on your no claims certificate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

eoin_s wrote: »
    I guess ask your current insurance company if it will be mentioned on your no claims certificate

I've claimed this before, its mentioned but not taken into account by other Insurance Companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

fasty wrote: »
    A kid put a crack in my windscreen at the weekend with a football and didn't stick around afterwards so I'm faced with getting it replaced via my insurance's windscreen cover.

I believe it doesn't effect no-claims, but I was planning on shopping around for new insurance this November, so will other insurance companies refuse to touch me if I claim for a windscreen replacement?

I am with Quinn Direct.

Its in that piece of paper you receive with "Insurance Policy" written on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

craichoe wrote: »
    Its in that piece of paper you receive with "Insurance Policy" written on it.

Mine says "Certificate of Insurance" and doesn't mention anything about a windscreen claim not going onto my no claims cert, but only that it doesn't effect my bonus. Neither does their website. But it's okay, I'll phone them and ask now I know the right question to ask.

Thanks to everyone else for the help though!

Advertisement