Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I set up PC Beep for low battery alert?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

I have a Dell XPS M1530. I would like to be able to set it up so that I hear a PC Beep on low or critical battery. My old Dell Inspiron 2650 used to do this and it was great as it was very clear and loud. The WAV files on the XPS are difficult to hear even with the volume up high... I cant seem to find any options in Power Management etc... for doing this so does anyone know of another way of doing it?

Windows Vista HP, SP1 installed.

Thanks...

Head
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's in the dell quickset software. You can also change the percentage battery level at which the alarm comes on (e.g. 5%). You should be able to get it to do different things at that level (e.g. at 2% hibernate)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Aah i see, however i dont seem to have the Dell Quickset application for some reason, maybe i uninstalled it for some strange reason... Ill have a hunt around for it...

Ta Cushion... To the rescue as usual...

Head

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You should be able to download it from the dell site. If you have the disks that come with the laptop it should be on one of those as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Ive just installed Quickest but there are no options for configuring sound, just networking, display and system information... It also links to the mobility centre where you can change sound settings but its the same options as if you went through control panel > sound options. You can specify to make a sound of not and choose the WAV files that you want but theres no option for PC Beep anywhere. Any other suggestions from the softness of your cushion?

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

You should be able to do it from within your power profile. Power Options in Control Panel should let you do it.

• Advertisement

When you start quickset, is there not an option called "power management wizard"? That's the one that lets you set the beep.

Advertisement