Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've got to love the postman...

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

...he managed to save up all the stuff I had ordered, and delivered 4 packets all at once -it's like christmas here :) New pedals, toeclips and straps, along with a nice Goldfinger brake lever means the paddy wagon is going back fixed this evening... also got some nice slipstream-chipotle arm warmers and gloves -argyletastic!

Just thought I'd share :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

where did you get the brake lever - Billy's or did you find cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

http://www.customriders.com/ -came in at 18 pounds (sterling) delivered

Cheers - think I'll go dirty harry - drop lever is uncomfortable and a bit scary seeing as I'm on bare bars at the moment. Billy's have the dirty harry for £15 delivered.

The dirty Harry is a nice lookin lever -I'd have gone for that if I wasn't in a minimalist mood and wanting the smallest lever I could find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

What sorta pedals and clips'd you get?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

...he managed to save up all the stuff I had ordered, and delivered 4 packets all at once -it's like christmas here :) New pedals, toeclips and straps,...

Just thought I'd share :D

Just a question from the obviously uneducated. How come you're using toeclips and straps on the fixie? Is it likely your foot would pop out if using clipless?

I went for MKS GR9 Platform Road Pedals, with MKS Chromed Steel Toeclips and leather toestraps.

@Irishmotorist: I'm going for the clips/straps option because it's my everyday commuter bike that I use wearing normal shoes all the time. It just means that I can ride anytime, without needing spd shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Ah - much less complicated than I was making it out. Not everything has to be about the technology!

Ah - much less complicated than I was making it out. Not everything has to be about the technology!

Yup! Also, it goes with the brooks saddle on the bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

To be honest I would be very hairy riding a fixie with straps on the street, especially if you are used to a clipless system. Straps can be messy to get out of in a hurry. I have double-sided SPDs on mine which works very well.

Congrats on the Brooks... grr...

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    To be honest I would be very hairy riding a fixie with straps on the street, especially if you are used to a clipless system. Straps can be messy to get out of in a hurry. I have double-sided SPDs on mine which works very well.

I really don't know how it's going to be riding with toe clips -but it can't be a huge amount harder than clipped in -It'll just take so practise!

As for the Brooks -you have enough, and don't need another!

I ride spds on my normal bike but the fixie has toe clips - given some of my formative experiences I'm quite happy with the clips for the moment - I think I would have torn the cleats off the shoes at this stage. Saying that I think in a while I might go to spds on the fixie too.

Commuted in on the fixie this morning... the toe clips were ok, but can be hard to get into on the move -more practise required!

No drama's though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

blorg wrote: »

I ride with double toe straps on the street and have yet to have any problems with them. Just so long as you're careful and don't have them too tight they're grand.

Them's some nice straps!

fish-head wrote: »
    Them's some nice straps!

Nice and cheap!

Advertisement