Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reliable repairs & service

• 25-08-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone any suggestions for reliable repair & service Dublin Southside?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 boo-urns

I always get JP motorcycles on Pearse Street to service/repair my bikes and I've never had a problem with the work they've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thebandito600

I get all my work done with Paul Ryan motorcycles in jfk industrial estate. been working on my bikes for 7 years and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Scott bikes in Harolds Cross

He does excellent work, i wouldnt let anybody else near a bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Delaneys on Harolds Cross bridge. Good work and reasonably priced too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Delaneys on Harolds Cross bridge. Good work and reasonably priced too.

I used to use them when i first got a moped, which i bought brand new off them. I wouldnt go near them again, they never were able to fix any problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Maaa!

Thanks for the suggestions, folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

BrynW wrote: »

+ 1

www.scottsbikes.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

BrynW wrote: »

+1 Stefan is a great lad! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, i have a Honda Shadow moped (similar to this bad boy :)...http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Honda_Shadow_Scooter.jpg) in my back garden, which has been sitting there for over a year, and was looking to get it repaired. Would anyone know of a place that can do serious repairs? It worked prefectly a year ago, and i had the changed a few months before that. Would www.scottsbikes.ie be able to do this? I'm not even sure what it would need done to it, as i cant even test it to see if it still starts, as i dont have the keys anymore.

Also, as i dont know where the keys are, i need a new set. Anyone know how i would go about getting a new set of keys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Kiith wrote: »
    So, i have a Honda Shadow moped (similar to this bad boy :)...http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Honda_Shadow_Scooter.jpg) in my back garden, which has been sitting there for over a year, and was looking to get it repaired. Would anyone know of a place that can do serious repairs? It worked prefectly a year ago, and i had the changed a few months before that. Would www.scottsbikes.ie be able to do this? I'm not even sure what it would need done to it, as i cant even test it to see if it still starts, as i dont have the keys anymore.

Also, as i dont know where the keys are, i need a new set. Anyone know how i would go about getting a new set of keys?

A lot of bike shops close Mondays as they are open Tue - Sat inc Scotts I think. Best bet is give scottsbikes a call Tues. Mention Boards.ie to him no harm. Ive seen scooters there so he does do them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, i'll give them a call tomorrow. What about getting a new set of keys? Straight to the manufacturer?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Kiith wrote: »
    Ok, i'll give them a call tomorrow. What about getting a new set of keys? Straight to the manufacturer?
    You cant usually get cut keys for a bike from the manufacturer. So its a new lockset or getting a locksmith to cut a key from the lock itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

I get all my work done with Paul Ryan motorcycles in jfk industrial estate. been working on my bikes for 7 years and no problems.

+1

Advertisement