Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan test center location

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone give me precise directions to the driving test center in Dungarvan? It's named as being on Davitt's Quay but did it move to the new Civic Offices, now??

I'm reasonably familiar with Dungarvan but the website shows directions I'm sure a local would struggle with. I went down there yesterday to do a little practice and also to find the bloody place but there was a cycle race on and I couldn't get near the street shown.

I'm borrowing my instructor's bike- he won't let me keep it overnight so I must collect it and travel the hour and a half down there to arrive for about nine so I'll be under pressure on Friday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Can anyone give me precise directions to the driving test center in Dungarvan? It's named as being on Davitt's Quay but did it move to the new Civic Offices, now??

I'm reasonably familiar with Dungarvan but the website shows directions I'm sure a local would struggle with. I went down there yesterday to do a little practice and also to find the bloody place but there was a cycle race on and I couldn't get near the street shown.

I'm borrowing my instructor's bike- he won't let me keep it overnight so I must collect it and travel the hour and a half down there to arrive for about nine so I'll be under pressure on Friday morning if I don't know exactly where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

The driving test center in Dungarvan is in the new Civic Offices on Davitt's Quay. Best of luck with the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cantdecide wrote: »
    there was a cycle race on and I couldn't get near the street shown.

Yep. Caused a huge traffic jam. Pesky cyclists.

As for the driving test people. The civic offices is correct. 2nd floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to the Waterford County Forum. You may get a better response here.

Mods - please feel free to throw this back to the Learning to Drive Forum if you so wish.

oooooer just got caught double posting.

SO WHAT- I'D DO IT AGAIN BUAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

if you're coming from the waterford side go to the roundabout at the park hotel (it's the 3rd roundabout) and turn left,
    the civic offices are on your left,
    there's a car park just after the roundabout,

just checked the website - it's a dreadful map alright

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv merged the two topics.. double posting is terrible when its over a few forums. I can understand why the OP did it in here and Learning to Drive. :)

Try Google Maps for directions from your place to the test center. :)

Topic Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sully wrote: »
    Iv merged the two topics.. double posting is terrible when its over a few forums. I can understand why the OP did it in here and Learning to Drive. :)
    Apologies for moving thread - I should have checked here first!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Apologies for moving thread - I should have checked here first!

Nah its grand, iv done the same before in the past :p The thread is in the more appropriate forum, and merging it was just the better solution :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i'm just glad i never have to see that office again but was worth it doing it the third time just to spend a bit more time with fred forsey jnr. yum:D

• Advertisement

mollybird wrote: »
    i'm just glad i never have to see that office again but was worth it doing it the third time just to spend a bit more time with fred forsey jnr. yum:D

I'll give him your regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

OMG! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Is that you Karen?.........:D

Whatever it is he has, he should bottle it (oh er maybe not) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

God I always hated the one in Dungarvan. Apart from the space nearest the roundabout for the quay/the square you needed to break your neck checking/double checkingyour blindside/mirror as the road curves and cars tend to fly down..!

Well..that was before the roundabout was built outside the Civic Offices. Hopefully people are driving slower as for anyone about to do their test I'm sure it's a horrible thought of being in a near miss when taking off.

FGR wrote: »
    I'm sure it's a horrible thought of being in a near miss when taking off.

:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement