Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit and veg in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

sorry to drag this up again, but does anyone know the opening times for terryland fruit and veg?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

galah wrote: »
    sorry to drag this up again, but does anyone know the opening times for terryland fruit and veg?

I've checked, they do have a telephone number.

yes, but I cannot call them from here (work) - and, as weird as it sounds, I do not like ringing people :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

yes, but I cannot call them from here (work) - and, as weird as it sounds, I do not like ringing people

So you expect us to do it for you? :confused:

They're open from 9 to 5* - What a way to make a livin' :pac:

* May not be true, I just made it up. You're welcome

no, I never said that. All I wanted to know was if anyone happened to know their opening times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Cole

I was in there today and ended up buying nothing. I didn't check all prices, but a couple of items were more expensive than in my local Dunnes (Knocknacarra) and the quality was no better.

I know Dunnes quality can be a bit hit or miss, but generally I find them to be as good and often better on certain items.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunnes have reduced their fruit & veg prices to more realistic levels in order in compete in the times we're in.
    Aldi are doing 1kg salad potatoes for 39c this month

Still I'd advocate you support your local fruit&veg shop before they disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I like going to your man in the shopping center. Not sure what the prices are like but the produce is outstanding. The spuds rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dockfive

Terryland veg closes at 6 on a Sunday for what its worth. I think it opens at 12 on Sunday. Not sure about the rest of the week as I do my shopping on a Sunday.

However, have actually started doing my fruit and veg shopping in Ernies on Sea Rd as it hasd quite a good organic section and good selection of speciality foods for reasonable prices. Also the guy working there is quite entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Teresa's. My family have supported them for years, lovely produce, always fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mon - Fri 9am - 8pm
    (maybe only 6 on Fri ... not sure)

Sat - Sun 9am - 6pm
    (on Sunday, sometimes they open a bit later, weren't there at 9:15 one day, but were when I rolled past again at 1).

NB For some reason the zucchini there is rubbish, everything else is good though: cheaper and fresher than anywhere else I've found.

Advertisement