Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long till the blow out shows up?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Well, as some of you know I did a stupid thing of going from 0-6mm stretch on my lobe in a day.

Anyway, after getting a (deserved) lecture on how stupid I am from Will, I have been wondering, if I do get a blow out, how long will it take till it shows up? It's been 3 days since I did the stretch and the ear has been fine so far (touch wood). Now I would of though a blow out would of shown up after the first night or two, but I 'm thinking I may of got away with it? (Or not?).

So anyone who has had a blow out, or knows people who have, how long does it take to show its ugly head?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Well, it was stupid to stretch it so much in one day, but obvieously your body took it easy, and u won't get blow out... Lucky you, but don't do it again.

Wat did u use coz u said sometin about wood? And how do u feel anyway? Are the ears ok? Anythin red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Sorry for snapping. You used tapers and didnt dead stretch so maybe you're lucky in this case thank jeebus.

I got a blowout going from 16 - 18mm, showed up within the first week or so if i remember. I knew sh!t was up cos my ear was throbbing but was stupid. I removed em the day after yet it still came.

Tis gone now though cos I downsized right after, moisturised my lobes everyday and gone super slow.

As Emmet said in the post, you probably didnt do much damage cos the main structure of the lobe hasnt been altered too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Will wrote: »
    Sorry for snapping. You used tapers and didnt dead stretch so maybe you're lucky in this case thank jeebus.

I got a blowout going from 16 - 18mm, showed up within the first week or so if i remember. I knew sh!t was up cos my ear was throbbing but was stupid. I removed em the day after yet it still came.

Tis gone now though cos I downsized right after, moisturised my lobes everyday and gone super slow.

As Emmet said in the post, you probably didnt do much damage cos the main structure of the lobe hasnt been altered too much

Nothing is red, can't even feel it.

I popped down to my local place to get their opinion and they said I was lucky.

Here's a pic for you anyway if you want to see:

earpn8.jpg

as i can see everythin is ok...

Maybe its just the pic but looks like youve a 'lip' of tissue on the bottom left half of the tunnel. hopefully its just the pic

the guys seen it in person and they say its ok. so all is well. expect a clatter from me on thursday though... everyone in fact, not just you :pac:

• Advertisement

i dsay its a a light on the pic

Maybe its just the pic but looks like youve a 'lip' of tissue on the bottom left half of the tunnel. hopefully its just the pic

the guys seen it in person and they say its ok. so all is well. expect a clatter from me on thursday though... everyone in fact, not just you :pac:

Pshhhht, you will be too drunk to clatter anything :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

earpn8.jpg[/QUOTE]

Your not ginger :eek:

thats what i said! and i also said it here but was quite inebriated, and spelled it finger, i lul'd once the hangover lifted

dancor wrote: »
    Your not ginger :eek:
    Thank God for that, I'd kill myself if I was, I'm sure Will would too.... uh oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I think a name change is in order, your a disgrace to the ginger kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Thank God for that, I'd kill myself if I was, I'm sure Will would too.... uh oh.

Why what wrong with being ginger *sniff*

dancor wrote: »
    I think a name change is in order, your a disgrace to the ginger kind.
    D: I can grow a Ginger beard if that counts for anything? :(
    emo!! wrote: »
    Why what wrong with being ginger *sniff*
    What's right with being ginger :p

Nah, anyway, my ear is still going good going to stretch the other hole in it to a 10mm, but this time much slower ;)

*glares*

*glares*
    :(

I promise Will, no more stupid decisions :(

Sooooo anyone want to run a 6mm taper through their ear on Thursday? ;)

(kidding).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've been tempted a few times to get a punch at that size to have a small tunnel, but not stretch any further... Don't think I could with my job though :(

I've been tempted a few times to get a punch at that size to have a small tunnel, but not stretch any further... Don't think I could with my job though :(
    For what it's worth no one where I work has said anything, not even the boss.

I think at this size you can hide them easily with flesh coloured plugs too since 6mm is pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wouldn't want plugs though, just some small tunnels! :D:p
    Not sure if I really want them either tho :s

Wouldn't want plugs though, just some small tunnels! :D:p
    Not sure if I really want them either tho :s
    Well, plugs at work then what ever you fancy outside the workplace?

I stretched mine on a whim and to be honest I regret not doing it sooner, it's become my favorite piercing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I stretched mine on a whim and to be honest I regret not doing it sooner, it's become my favorite piercing now.

SAME! :)
    Although i could do with out people coming up to me and sticking their fingers threw my ear 24/7...

• Advertisement
Advertisement