Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The winner of The Boards WWE Draft Spectacular is...

• 25-08-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Well folks it's taken us just over two months to reach this stage and we've had some highs and lows along the way, but now at last the final chapter of The Boards WWE Draft Spectacular is about to be written.

So then with all that being said I am pleased to announce that the first ever champion of the draft challenge with a whopping 88 points is...

...RebelRockChick!

Congratulations to her on putting together a roster that gained widespread support from almost everyone. You can take a look at her winning roster here.

Finishing in the runner-up position with a fine score of 60 points is Fozzy. Coming in third place not too far behind is Vince135792003 with a score of 56 points. Unfortunately this contest isn't an Olympic sport and so I can't present you three folks with any medals. I doff my black hat to you all though. :)

So then if we were to view things as a table, here is how everyone ended up in the end...

1. RebelRockChick (C)..............................................................88 pts
    2. Fozzy................................................................................60 pts
    3. Vince135792003..................................................................56 pts
    4. Mr.Nice Guy........................................................................40 pts
    5. Spongey1975......................................................................39 pts
    6. Danger Dave.......................................................................38 pts
    7. michael.etc.........................................................................27 pts
    8. gimmick..............................................................................21 pts
    9. ec18..................................................................................18 pts
    10. Bubs101............................................................................16 pts
    11. Bounty Hunter....................................................................14 pts
    12. Minto.................................................................................7 pts
    13. Furious-Red.........................................................................6 pts
    = Jayhaitch2.............................................................................6 pts
    14. orestes...............................................................................5 pts
    15. b.ie curious..........................................................................1 pt
    16. callaway92...........................................................................0 pts
    = KKV.......................................................................................0 pts

* Justbringit89 and dez_warlock were unable to receive votes/pts due to not submitting their roster ideas.

Unfortunately KKV and callaway92 are stuck sharing joint bottom position and the proverbial wooden spoon with no votes/pts received. Hard luck fellas!

I'd just like to thank everyone for getting into the spirit of the contest and for keeping it going. I was worried in the beginning that the Draft Spectacular would be a spectacular flop, but it turned out well and many of you made a big effort to keep things running along smoothly so thanks for that.

The ideas and suggestions really helped also such as the one about holding random draws before every round which I think was a great move and wasn't one I'd have thought of. (I think Bubs deserves the credit for that one, I might be mistaken). We were pretty much making it up as we went along in all honesty but I think in the end it worked out OK.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Fozzy for overseeing the contest so well and for being a big help.

Before I wrap up altogether I should say that as promised I'll be posting how everyone voted in the Draft discussion thread shortly so you can see if I got my maths correct as well as watch the bitter recriminations start!

I'll leave you with these draft stats which I compiled as the Draft challenge was ongoing. You might find it interesting reading (or not) but here it is anyway...
      240 wrestlers were chosen in total
      Everyone opted to select the maximum of two tag teams for their rosters.
      6 out of the 20 participants opted to go with the maximum of 2 women on their roster. The rest selected just 1 woman.
      15 out of the 20 participants chose wrestlers who were at one time WWE singles heavyweight champions as their first picks.
      Only 2 participants out of 20 chose a tag team for their first pick.
      The first man drafted in the challenge was HHH in Round 1. The first woman drafted was Lita in round 4.
      The first manager to be drafted was Bobby Heenan in Round 3.
      The British Bulldogs were the first tag team to be drafted, back in Round 1.
      Most women were drafted in Round 6 which saw 5 female picks made.
      In terms of WWE recognised world champions, Danger Dave had more than anyone else on his roster with 6 former champs (4 men and 2 women)...gimmick had the least amount with 0 WWE world champs.
      There were a total of 60 former world champions chosen in total out of the 240 wrestlers making up 25% of all wrestlers.
      In terms of the history of the WWE championship dating back to the first WWWF heavyweight champion Buddy Rogers to present WWE champion Triple H, every past champion was chosen bar two. The two men not selected by anyone were Ivan Koloff and Stan Stasiak.

OK everyone that about wraps things up. Hopefully the game provided you with some enjoyment and made your summer a bit interesting. I must say I enjoyed it and I feel I learned a lot about past wrestlers along the way.

Congratulations once more to RebelRockChick on a well-deserved victory. Three cheers for her!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Second place, cool :pac:

RebelRockChick did get a second place vote from me, it was a great roster she put together. I found it strange, everyone she picked just seemed to slip under everyone else's radar, and they all fitted together nicely

The thing that I find interesting is that the top three rosters were mainly composed of wrestlers from the past. I'm not sure what way to read into that

It was a bit of fun anyway! Thanks to MNG for organising it and to everyone for playing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Congratulations RebelRockChick! PM me later about the prizes and we can sort something out! Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Congrats, RebelRockChick.:)

However, had I taken part, I would of totally won.:p:pac:

Well done again. And kudos to you Nice Guy for what seems like a successful game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not surprised with that in the slightest. Well done RRC. At least a Cork person won it. I think I gave her my number one also.

I'm quite surprised to read I did not choose a single former WWE world champ. But looking at it now, obviously I had not.

Im happy to be top ten and not pointless.

And cheers to MNG for having the patience and all to put all this together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Before I wrap up altogether I should say that as promised I'll be posting how everyone voted in the Draft discussion thread shortly so you can see if I got my maths correct as well as watch the bitter recriminations start!

My calculator is out. Fozzy, I'm coming to get you!

Seriously, well done to RRC and thanks again to MNG for setting the whole thing up.

In honour of RRC; Dusty (one of her picks) tells everyone a story: http://www.angrymarks.com/music/dusty/dusty-promo_story_texas.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can someone please link me to the winners card please?

rovert wrote: »
    Can someone please link me to the winners card please?

There's a link on the opening post.

There's a link on the opening post.

Doh, pretty tight and rounded card I must say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congrats to RRC and thanks to MNG for running the draft/Fozzy for overseeing it. I voted for all of the top 4 so I suppose im happy enough with the winners although obviously had hoped to be in the shake up myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

congrats RRR. I thought you'd win :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OK just posted the votes in the discussion thread so you can all get your calculators out now. :pac:
    Fozzy wrote: »
    The thing that I find interesting is that the top three rosters were mainly composed of wrestlers from the past. I'm not sure what way to read into that

Yeah that's true. Old school seems to have won out in the end. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

:eek:

Cheers for the votes lads! :)

Fair play to MNG for coming up with the whole idea.

Bastards :(

Congrats to RRC though...

I knew i should have had a multiple account!:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I demand a re-count i feel i have been robbed in this draft. boo-urns

Well done to RRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not surprised with my ladt place..Didnt bother really with final card..Mark Henry Booket T Main event :p

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

As someone who didn't actually take part in the draft, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the whole thing. From the picks with the detailed info and vids etc, right up to the final cards, it was all really good reading. There was some really creative stuff there, and most people made a great effort. I'm sure had I taken part, I wouldn't have done anything nearly as good as most of the rosters/ card put together. :) Props to MNG for coming up with the idea and making it all happen, RRC for winning, and everyone else for taking part and giving me some excellent reading. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Congratulations Rebel Rock Chick ! Just like to give a massive thank you to MNG for organizing and keeping it running smoothly for such a long time ! .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As someone who didn't actually take part in the draft, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the whole thing. From the picks with the detailed info and vids etc, right up to the final cards, it was all really good reading. There was some really creative stuff there, and most people made a great effort. I'm sure had I taken part, I wouldn't have done anything nearly as good as most of the rosters/ card put together. :) Props to MNG for coming up with the idea and making it all happen, RRC for winning, and everyone else for taking part and giving me some excellent reading. ;)

Seconded in full. With all the bull**** that goes on here, the thread has made for great reading over the summer. Fair play to you MNG.

And congrats to RRC and co. for the win. ;)

So is there a TNA one next? :pac:

So is there a TNA one next? :pac:

An "other promotions" outside WWE, including Japan, Mexico, TNA and the indies could be fun actually. A Boards World X Cup of sorts.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I had a funny feeling RRC would walk away with this :cool:, well done!
    Definitely was a damn good read this summer, so thanks to MNG for starting it, and well done to all who took part. :)

VR!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Maybe it can be tried again next year in '09 with some new people as well as some old faces trying to wrestle the crown off of RRC. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thanks lads :)
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Maybe it can be tried again next year in '09 with some new people as well as some old faces trying to wrestle the crown off of RRC. :)

Just bring it :P

I had a funny feeling RRC would walk away with this :cool:, well done!
    VR!
    Shameless self-congratulation will get you nowhere sir!:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Moi? I have no idea what the hell you're talking about! :D
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

flahavaj wrote: »
    An "other promotions" outside WWE, including Japan, Mexico, TNA and the indies could be fun actually. A Boards World X Cup of sorts.:cool:
    With the added stipulation that they NEVER wrestled for the McMahon company...

Would be impossibly difficult.

With the added stipulation that they NEVER wrestled for the McMahon company...

Would be impossibly difficult.

There'd be very very few American wrestlers available. You'd be almost exclusively limited to Japanese and Mexican guys, as well as Americans from pre-1950 and current indy guys

How about doing modern, active wrestlers from all over the world and booking cards around that?

There'd be very very few American wrestlers available. You'd be almost exclusively limited to Japanese and Mexican guys, as well as Americans from pre-1950 and current indy guys

Exactly it's be awesome.:D

Bagsies on the Misawa and Kawada feud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not too soon anyway, as the novelty factor could kill it immediately.

And rather than people who never worked for WWE/F, maybe just those who never had a full time/developmental contract could be included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

A belated congrats to RRC.

This was good fun. Maybe, if another wasn't been done right away, we could arrange something a bit simpler to tide people over- like booking a Rumble, or a tournament or something similar?

I think less is more when it comes to ideas like this one. Once a year at the start of the summer (or maybe even winter when less people are on holidays) would be good enough for me.

I'm sure there'll be another Around the Horn sometime and there's always the Royal Rumble Pool in Jaunuary.

If only WWE brought back the fantasy league, all would be right with the world!

If only WWE brought back the fantasy league, all would be right with the world!

If only for the return of triple h

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Well done RRC and many thanks to MNG.

If only for the return of triple h

I've even pleaded for him to return on his message space!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I'm sure there'll be another Around the Horn

Ill be hosting one in September, so pencil in some time in front of computer after work in September :) . If previous winners are up for its I'm thinking of doing a former ATH champions round say in November/December.

On another Draft , next year sounds good. I like the idea of not being able to pick more than say 1 of your original draft . Also do people who participated in this draft get a reserved spot in the next draft ?

Ill be hosting one in September, so pencil in some time in front of computer after work in September :)

It brings out the worst in me. But I'll probably do it.

On another Draft , next year sounds good. I like the idea of not being able to pick more than say 1 of your original draft . Also do people who participated in this draft get a reserved spot in the next draft?

It would be good to get a good mix for the next year with, if possible, most of the current people but, hopefully, a few new people thrown in too.

It would be good to get a good mix for the next year with, if possible, most of the current people but, hopefully, a few new people thrown in too.

I think next time you're going to find it alot easier to get 20 people signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Basically, whoever gets Sting WINS!

• Advertisement

Basically, whoever gets Sting WINS!

It was killing me that I couldn't pick Nick Bockwinkel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Well done to everyone who took part and especially to RRC for kicking ass!

Advertisement