Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most wanted game across all platforms this Christmas!

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

If you could only pick one to buy, which one would it be and reasons why.

Gears of War 2 for me because I still play the first one up to this day. Im loved playing the Co-Op campaign and multiplayer with my GF and cant wait to do it again in November.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gran Turismo 5 if it comes out before the end of the year. Haven't played it since the very first one so looking forward to getting back into it since GT5P didn't have much in it.

If that doesn't come out then Left 4 Dead is where it's going to be at. Really looking forward to this game. FPS zombie ownage, doesn't get much better!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fable 2 i think. Or Fallout 3. Or Spore. Or Prince of Persia. Or Left 4 Dead. Or Warhammer Online....christ its gonna be a good christmas :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Far Cry 2 would be up the top of my list :D, As would GOW2 for online & Mercs 2 looks fun :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

FALLOUT 3 that is all...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Fallout 3 for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Left 4 Dead, will be co-op heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fallout 3 is definitely the most appealing one out there, with Wipeout HD coming a close second. (if it ever gets released!)

Gears 2, Sonic Chronicles, Fable 2, Left 4 dead, Resistance 2, Far Cry 2, PoP4, CoD5, Prototype and many more will also be getting purchased:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Fallout 3 is the big one!

Fallout and bioshock. I don't have an xbox but I heard it was great so I'm looking forward to the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

fallout ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dead Space and Prince of Persia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Mr E wrote: »
    Dead Space and Prince of Persia.

Agreed Mr E, I think Dead Space looks amazing, all the previews Ive read have been very positive.

From the responses to this thread so far it looks like alot of people will be playing Fallout 3 at Halloween. Its released on that day I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

1. Fallout 3
    2. Warhammer
    3. Dead space
    4. Spore
    5. Stalker: clear sky

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah Fallout 3 for Xbox
    Warhammer Online for PC

Both games come before Xmas but I will most definitely being playing both or one of them throughout xmas and the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3. The only system exclusive game that I'm really looking forward to. That and the new Banjo and Kazooie game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Gears Of War 2 and Aliens:Colonial Marines

Is Aliens CM coming out this year? Just wondering because i remember reading that there wasnt any showable code at e3 this year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Is Aliens CM coming out this year? Just wondering because i remember reading that there wasnt any showable code at e3 this year.
    I'd guess mid-late next year as I havn't heard much about it! Or seen any gameplay of it

Nick

Yeh defo next year, they would be mad to release it during the Christmas lineup IMO. It will just get neglected. Plus Gearbox have 3 known games in the pipeline at the momement so im sure they are busy

Aliens
    BIA HH
    Borderlands

and...
    Probably the new Halo game according to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

COD:WAW and PES 2009 (depending on initial user reviews)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Dead Space
    Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Mirrors Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Left4Dead
    Spore
    STALKER Clear Sky
    Call of Duty 5

Advertisement