Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

request access information on my bank account?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

is it possible for me to request from my bank who in the last 3 months who has accessed my account and for what purposes (I mean employees)?

cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If they actually have that information, yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As far as I'm aware, banks keep records of which employees access the account information on the computers. So if anyone has been accessing your information, there should be a record there. You can request this, under Data Protection legislation. You might be best to contact the banks head office to make sure check if they have this information, and how you go about requesting it, then follow their procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

some banks will have systems that will make a mark on your account when a note is added or if something is changed or amended.
    other systems will actually keep a record of who looks at your account and when, some banks will have both,
    some people you talk to in the banks telephony will not have a clue about either, so its prob best to send a letter to the bank. or ring if you want, as your letter could go missing.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Of course, once you request the info, they'll be able to request info on you reqesting info on them :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

you'd be making a data protection information request fir account records, normal numbers for your bank won't do as such requests normally have to be done via letter.
    Best look at their privacy policyfor info on how to do this, normally takes upto 40 days for such requests to be processed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

can i ask why you want to know?

Advertisement