Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah a carlow forum!

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

nice to see it.

anyone know of any ghosties in carlow? we've already checked out the shopping centre (mods, please dont move this to the paranormal forum as Im looking for local carlow specific information)

plus dont forget, if you're a carlovian, to check out carlow's 79Cortinaz new album, Hopioki. With rainbow closed Im not too sure exactly where its on sale but its bound to be in roxys or somewhere. check out the article in last weeks nationalist.

anyway ... hows tricks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Lad's time to head back on topic.

Topic Cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I once heard this story about the old nexus night club above Scraggs alley being haunted, it was one the staff there that told me about it.

Not sure what the story is now they have done the place up :confused:

If that's any help to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i was talking to gerry I think his name is, one of the owners. he reckons thats just a story.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

the castle is haunted, ghost of an old woman

never ever heard of that before, though the bridge is meant to have a white lady .. this no doubt is in reference to when the poor claires lived where the 24 hour shop now is (as in theres no white lady ghost).

tell me more about the old woman ...... intrigued I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Above Scraggs is Haunted.
    I can guarantee that The Shopping Centre is haunted, without a doubt. Very very scary place.( At night obviously!) when everyone is gone..especially up in the cells...eugh.

Dunno anywhere else really..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

never heard of the bridge having the white lady, the old woman in the castle was supposed to be a woman who was sent out of the castle to get water from the river, during a siege, she was captured by the enemy, who agreed to release her on condition that she would show them the weakest spot to breach the walls by holding a torch to the window. She did-and sadly for her, the enemy used the cannon to break the place-and kill her in the process..and on some nights you'll see a light up high in the castle,where she still waits to betray the castle and all within

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

tommycahir wrote: »
    I once heard this story about the old nexus night club above Scraggs alley being haunted, it was one the staff there that told me about it.

Not sure what the story is now they have done the place up :confused:

If that's any help to you?

i worked in scraggs for about 5 years and DO NOT believe in ghosts but i can tell you that one night in particular some stuff happened in there that freaked the f**k outta us and that none of us could explain... we had to play it down to gerry for reasons i wont go into here but i can assure you that if the guy that told you was actually workin there, and was there that night, then he is 100% telling the truth. About 8 grown men were absolutely FREAKED.

as far as I know historically something like that happened alright .. she was a cook or something and apparently the castle was being starved and she thought she'd made a good deal - they wanted her to point out the weakest spot on the front of the castle and when she did, they blew her and the wall away with cannon from across the river. didnt know the ghost story bit though .. thats interesting.
    Above Scraggs is Haunted.

to be honest, I ve had a few people who work in scraggs tell me the same story but the owners either dont believe it themselves or just dont want to let anyone in to check it out.
    I can guarantee that The Shopping Centre is haunted, without a doubt. Very very scary place.( At night obviously!) when everyone is gone..especially up in the cells...eugh.

Dunno anywhere else really..

http://www.leinsterparanormal.com/Centre/ - we checked it out last year ...the cells were alright, the place where Seasons/Riverside gym used to be was the freakiest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've heard that story about the old woman and the castle alright, she apparently showed them where the stairs was, ie in Carlow castle (as with many others) the stairs was built into the wall, thus there would have been a weak section running through the wall.

Whether it happened or not is one thing, and whether its haunted or not is another :cool:

• Advertisement

i worked in scraggs for about 5 years and DO NOT believe in ghosts but i can tell you that one night in particular some stuff happened in there that freaked the f**k outta us and that none of us could explain... we had to play it down to gerry for reasons i wont go into here but i can assure you that if the guy that told you was actually workin there, and was there that night, then he is 100% telling the truth. About 8 grown men were absolutely FREAKED.

two friends of my son work upstairs and both say they saw a man in a dark coat and hat on different occasions. nothing abnormal about that except he disappeared both times. ive heard a few stories and I'd love to see what the story is - but getting in there is proving a tad difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

when i was walking past the graveyard i noticed a little old man chipping away at a grave stone .when i asked him what he was doing he said they had spelt his name wrong

Advertisement