Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I know this is probably asked a million times but i got offered my 1st choice but i really want to do my 2nd choice instead is there anyway around this?

Can i reject this offer and hope an available place becomes available on my second choice?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

no

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Unfortunately no. Once your first choice is given the rest are disregarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

Thats bolox:mad:

Anyway i have two choices now,i don't know whether to
    a)Do my 1st choice a course i don't really want to do
    b)Do a PLC and wait until next year

I'm a bit worried if i do (B) i'll end up doing nothing in the end and it will be a waste of a year :( any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

are the courses in the same college? can you not transfer during a year from one course to another?
    there was a topic on that earlier on.. do some research and see maybe that will be an option for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

HELLO132 wrote: »

Anyway i have two choices now,i don't know whether to
    a)Do my 1st choice a course i don't really want to do
    b)Do a PLC and wait until next year

I'm a bit worried if i do (B) i'll end up doing nothing in the end and it will be a waste of a year :( any advice?

taking a year out would be good, get a job see the wrold ect ect.. mature yourself for collage.. raise some money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

HELLO132 wrote: »

Its not really, you had up until february to decide and then plenty of time in betweento change as well.....

If you dont want to do your first choice, then dont. Take the PLC and if you really want to do your second choice then that should motivate you. Also take the time to raise some finances

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

Yuugib wrote: »
    are the courses in the same college? can you not transfer during a year from one course to another?
    there was a topic on that earlier on.. do some research and see maybe that will be an option for you

No 1st choice is in DIT
    2nd choice is in ITB :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Get a job, save some money and go to college next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

its not the end of the world
    go work for a year nice holiday you be going into college with money and a good year behind you and can get exactly what course you want

Advertisement