Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa V liverpool [All Pre/during/post match discussion here]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If you hate money, then yes they are. I wouldn't start backing either until it drifted to 20 / 1 or more.

My fondness of money is fortunately matched by my soft spot for shareholders in large bookmaking firms, so it's win win for me.

Slightly off topic, but I honestly thought I'd get better odds on my Birmingham triple:

Aston Villa to break top 4
    Birmingham City to win Championship
    West Brom to stay up

Works out about 34/1... hoping for more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I just felt like reiterating something factual given the high levels of delusion in your post.

So if neither team playing today is going to be in the top four then, who is? No, infact don't bother answering - any answer you make will be lol ridiculous.

It's a fact that Villa won't finish in the top 4?

Well I'm glad that's decided. Where are we gonna finish, so I can not bother watching the rest of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Neil3030 wrote: »

Aston Villa to break top 4
    Birmingham City to win Championship
    West Brom to stay up

Works out about 34/1... hoping for more!

Yeah that seems to be much shorter than it should. The key with these things though is that the bookie can give awful prices like that because fishy punters go: "ZOMG I MULTIPLY MY STAKE BY 34 IF I WIN. LOADSAMONEY!!". Because they don't understand to think in terms of expected return and long term value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's a fact that Villa won't finish in the top 4?

Well I'm glad that's decided. Where are we gonna finish, so I can not bother watching the rest of the season?

8th. You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah that seems to be much shorter than it should. The key with these things though is that the bookie can give awful prices like that because fishy punters go: "ZOMG I MULTIPLY MY STAKE BY 34 IF I WIN. LOADSAMONEY!!". Because they don't understand to think in terms of expected return and long term value.

Absolutely. I think everyone has that one friend who can never understand why that 20 match accumulator (THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM €5,000 off €1!!!) doesn't come in, week in, week out... :D

But FWIW I have a good feeling about my Brum triple coming through though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Lol if we're picking our favourite deluded Pool posts then my favourite has to be:
    ibh wrote: »
    no they will be watching.. We're like a car crash, they can't resist. We lose and they come on and spout sh't and if we win, they didn't see the game.....

Who are they? MI5? the illuminati?

Of course that was the winner amongst various wild free scoring predictions, accusations of jealousy and someone writing about their lifestory via being a LFC fan etc., tis a shame the game didnt match this thread for all out crazyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I just felt like reiterating something factual given the high levels of delusion in your post.

So if neither team playing today is going to be in the top four then, who is? No, infact don't bother answering - any answer you make will be lol ridiculous.

if both teams play like theyve played so far this season, neither will be within a sniff of the top four, or european places for that matter

both have been ****ing awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Mike, Chelsea were at home. Against Spurs who look seriously ****e this season.

We were away, against the only team that looks like they could genuinley offer any sort of challenge to the top 4 over the next couple of years. and we were also without our 2 best players.

*cough* :)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    *cough* :)

Something stuck in you throat?!?;)

• Advertisement

Something stuck in you throat?!?;)

Yeah it's a lump from seeing SWP back in a sky blue shirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Keane was wasted out on the left.
    Three of our decent chances came when Keane was moved in, when Torres went off injured.
    Set up shots for Ngog & Alonso and his own chance when he was taken down by Reocoker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Brilliant constructive post. A real insight into the game and not bitter in anyway at all. More of these kind of posts needed here.

:)

Gixerfixer, when you get a second, take your head out of your arse and you will see some beautiful things - sun, clouds, fields.

Ironic that you criticise a post with the type of argument most Liverpool fans put forward - one with no facts. Liverpool are absolute, ABSOLUTE dross, a squad of that so called worth cannot construct a performance that is in the least exciting.
    Kuyt - crap
    Arbeloa - crap
    Keane - awful
    Carragher - old and slow
    Benitez - the most dull, overrated and ego fuelled manager about in the game. If he hadnt won that European Cup ( knockout competition ) he would have been sacked ages ago.
    There is a lot of Liverpool fans who do love their club, and want it to adhere to the " values " that used to make it a special and loved club. Unfortunately, most of the posts on here are by fans who care for nothing but results so that they get the bragging rights to make them feel good in their ****ty little lives for an hour or two after the game and do not care about the overall picture.
    It's funny that most teams fans will be cheering for Man U in two weeks, as they are sick and tired of delusional Liverpool fans living in glorious past that is now 17 years ago and will NEVER be repeated.

Gixerfixer, when you get a second, take your head out of your arse and you will see some beautiful things - sun, clouds, fields.

Ironic that you criticise a post with the type of argument most Liverpool fans put forward - one with no facts. Liverpool are absolute, ABSOLUTE dross, a squad of that so called worth cannot construct a performance that is in the least exciting.
    Kuyt - crap
    Arbeloa - crap
    Keane - awful
    Carragher - old and slow
    Benitez - the most dull, overrated and ego fuelled manager about in the game. If he hadnt won that European Cup ( knockout competition ) he would have been sacked ages ago.
    There is a lot of Liverpool fans who do love their club, and want it to adhere to the " values " that used to make it a special and loved club. Unfortunately, most of the posts on here are by fans who care for nothing but results so that they get the bragging rights to make them feel good in their ****ty little lives for an hour or two after the game and do not care about the overall picture.
    It's funny that most teams fans will be cheering for Man U in two weeks, as they are sick and tired of delusional Liverpool fans living in glorious past that is now 17 years ago and will NEVER be repeated.

Oh what have you done?

canoworms1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Oh how I lol'd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Kuyt - crap
    Arbeloa - crap
    Keane - awful
    Carragher - old and slow

Im not going to read your full post because i took a glance and seen the part about Rafa being Dull,overated etc...utter nonsense:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Im not going to read your full post because i took a glance and seen the part about Rafa being Dull,overated etc...utter nonsense:)

Yep, and you criticise the Helix for a comment with no arguments and yet when you get some, you choose not to read them.

" And the 2008, Debate Champion of the Wooorrrlllldddddd......."

Helix wrote: »
    273083641-soccer-barclays-premier-league-aston-villa-v-liverpool-villa-park.jpg

lol

some of the chants were hilarious today i have to say

Helix.Your bitterness towards Liverpool since the whole Gareth Barry saga is as plain as day. Some times it has been good humoured and other times not so much. This however will be defended by such rubbish as "where's the famous scouse humour" etc...to hide the fact that it is a direct insult that if you yourself had said in words directed at Rafa benitez on this thread would have lead to a ban or infraction etc...to me that sign is borderline racist in it's subject matter and has no place in a football stadium or this forum. Im sure you will defend it again with the whole "where's your sense of humour line" but sorry that's total cr*p....Reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Kuyt - crap
    Arbeloa - crap
    Keane - awful
    Carragher - old and slow

Jesus man, Don't hold back , tell us now you really feel.

Most fans,cheering Utd, somehow I doubt it.WE ARE HATED:D

As for the last line , You sir are a genius:D

Did you catch Andy Gray commits after the game yesterday, He made some good points IMO ,about thinking Rafa would have learn something over the last five years, And him coming to Villa and changing team formation etc Something the other big 4 teams will not be doing.
    That he should know by now that all Liverpool fans what to be seriously challenging for the league year after year YES the Champions league was great but that its the league or at less in contention till the end.

Helix.Your bitterness towards Liverpool since the whole Gareth Barry saga is as plain as day. Some times it has been good humoured and other times not so much. This however will be defended by such rubbish as "where's the famous scouse humour" etc...to hide the fact that it is a direct insult that if you yourself had said in words directed at Rafa benitez on this thread would have lead to a ban or infraction etc...to me that sign is borderline racist in it's subject matter and has no place in a football stadium or this forum. Im sure you will defend it again with the whole "where's your sense of humour line" but sorry that's total cr*p....Reported.

FFS lighten up, seriously.

If you're going to report that then you're gonna be pretty busy reporting 90%of the posts in this thread.

Jesus. I'd advise you to stay out of the 'funny chants' thread. Don't think you'd handle that one well at all...

/edit...damn you Xavi with your quickness of fingers...

• Advertisement

CAN I REPORT YOU FOR REPOSTING IT!:D

As another poster said "SERIOUSLY "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'd like to put in an order for a rolleyes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I'd like to put in an order for a rolleyes please.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you, come again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Holy cr@pola, if this is how Villa fans react after a home scoreless draw against a team missing their two best players, I'd love to see how they react when they win a match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i was just thinking the same myself Spockety! :)

Villa fans: if you dont wanna be written off as small time, i'd advise you possibly not to act in such a manner after a scoreless draw against a team missing their two best players and not playing well.

spockety wrote: »
    Holy cr@pola, if this is how Villa fans react after a home scoreless draw against a team missing their two best players, I'd love to see how they react when they win a match!

hmm MISSING ONE PLAYER ,
    Torres started , so this missing two is a load of crap, Formation and tactics wrong from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Well done Rafa. Got the draw you were looking for.

Setting out your stall to get draws away to a mediocre team like Villa, shows that the ambition is to come 3rd/4th, not 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ROCKMAN

He was gone within 20 mins.

Mike

Anyone see the interview with Rafa about 3 weeks ago?

"Yes, we have possibilities. My ambition is to get 4th in the Premier League. I think this would be wonderful".

Paul Tomkins has a decent enough article today:
    Unfortunately, much of a Sunday as a football fan has to spent in front of a certain TV station. But to listen to the views expressed on Sky this weekend, you'd think Liverpool weren't in fact sitting second in the table, as the only title contenders to have faced two away games so far.

I'm actually far from Andy Gray's biggest critic amongst Liverpool fans. He talks some sense about many of the general truths of football, and does offer some insight – such as when noting how Liverpool's centre-backs dropped off Carew so that they could focus on the 'second ball'; this was excellent punditry, and not just because it was a positive point. But on Sunday it was the almost incessant drone of Gray's critical co-commentary, particularly in the first half, that was so offensive to my ears.

Later on in the day, Gray even managed to write off Benítez's European Cup win as 'irrelevant', suggesting anyone can win it. It was that kind of Sunday.

Although I mention my illness from time to time, the worst thing about not being able to go regularly to places like Villa Park (where I’ve been almost a dozen times over the years) is that the 'enjoyment' of a steady (but admittedly uninspiring), containing away display where the home team are kept at bay for the first 45 minutes is decimated by the constant harping on about every last detail of Benítez's management.

Villa, the home side who'd just spent £50m this summer, and who had no major players out injured (unlike Gerrard, and then Torres after 25 minutes), were doing nothing constructive with the ball, but all we heard was criticism of Liverpool. Had it been at Anfield I'd have said "sure, spot-on"; but at Villa Park?

With the Gareth Barry saga stoking the Villains, it was a far more hostile atmosphere than usual for this fixture, and in many ways a game that needed to be treated like a European away tie. An early goal for Villa would have ramped up the noise and made it very difficult to even get a point. I don't see the problem with containing the opposition for the first half, and quietening the crowd, when they are a good team playing at home with a distinct edge to the game; then, as the game opens up, exploit the space in the second half.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I just don't see that Liverpool have to win every away game bar Arsenal, Chelsea and United. When did drawing away at clubs with ambitions to break into the top four become a bad result? It was certainly a far better result than drawing at home to Newcastle or a struggling Spurs side, as United and Chelsea have already done, or losing at Fulham, like Arsenal have.

Villa rested six players against hugely inferior opposition in the UEFA Cup on Thursday, but Liverpool had to play 120 minutes against 'proper' opposition the night before that. So this was never going to be an easy game. In fact, I felt it was one the Reds could easily lose, and with this in mind, I was obviously fairly content at the end.

Performances have to improve, everyone can see that; but the quality of this team is not defined by what we've seen so far. We know that. Once again an international break disrupts the flow of a stop-start season, although for once the timing might not be too bad. And this time all other clubs are in the same boat, after the unfair Olympic situation.

Obviously getting the two key players fit is imperative. Torres and Gerrard are possibly the best in their respective positions in the world; you can't but help miss such attacking quality. You don't just have another couple like that lying around in the reserves – they don't even exist in other top clubs' first teams.

In that sense, the international break could be a blessing. Ryan Babel, whose fitness still doesn't look 100%, is another who may benefit from an extra couple of weeks of training and some games with Holland.

However, despite the validity of Gerrard's injury, a certain Sunday morning football chat show lambasted Benítez for the timing of the operation; how could he do so with important World Cup qualifiers looming, the guests asked, as if Liverpool should have timed it so that he instead definitely missed the Manchester United match.

It was agreed, with baffling unanimity, that Liverpool had acted improperly. I was flabbergasted.

Let's get some facts straight. Gerrard had already missed two stretches of preseason with the injury, which precluded him being able to start in Liege – a very important game for the Reds. As the employers who pay his wages, which are indirectly funded by Liverpool fans (not England's!), Liverpool have the right to decide when to put their captain under the knife for an essential operation. It's a no-brainer.

Why wouldn't Benítez chose a time that is most beneficial to him? And it's not like Liverpool themselves weren't going to pay some kind of price, with Gerrard forced out of the Villa game, if not more. Any injury needs treating sooner rather than later, so why should the club pay the potential price of the injury worsening just to benefit England? It's insane.

But what sickens me is that the club is being criticised for keeping a player out of international games when 50% of the Reds' senior midfielders – Mascherano and Lucas – were off in Beijing until this week. So Liverpool were hardly going to countenance an operation when two players who play in the very same position were away with their countries. It's illogical.

I'm in no doubt that International football has decimated Liverpool's preparations to the season. Four key players missed most of preseason because of their wonderful exploits with Spain; no other Premiership club lost that many players for that long, as Liverpool are the only 'Spanish' team.

It was a great achievement, and one I totally salute, but it also means that those players lost their sharpness at a later point in the summer with their break, and thus it'll be later to return. (The one exception is Pepe Reina, who has been superb so far, but as a goalkeeper it's a different story regarding fitness.)

Three further first-team players then went to the Olympics. I don't recall any other top club losing even two important players, let alone three. Add to that the injury that Ryan Babel picked up playing for Holland at the start of the summer, and how to me he didn't look fit enough to even be in Beijing, and it's added a significant handicap.

I have no problem with the international game. But it should never override the club game because clubs are the ones who employ the players, and whose fans generate the finance over ten months of a long season. That seems lost on some England-centric journalists.

With everything taken into account, the Villa game was always going to be tricky. A lot of fans rightly talk about the importance of the league, but some seem to have this misconception (as does Andy Gray) that Benítez favours Europe. You only have to see games like Wednesday's, and how hysterical the reaction would have been had the Reds not overcome the Belgians, to know how difficult the balancing act of a Liverpool manager needs to be.

Europe is seen as having less importance by some – but only until the club are faced with elimination. Then, all of a sudden, it's the most important thing in the world. As such, the manager had to give that game his full attention, and that won't have helped preparations for the trip to Villa Park. Ideally the tie would have been won in Belgium, but it wasn't to be after a bad night.

For the second leg Liverpool had to be slightly cautious because one goal conceded on the break would be costly. It was hard to go gung-ho with that in mind.

Rafa took a lot of stick for being negative, but he had two strikers up front, and a midfield comprising three attacking players –– Kuyt, Gerrard and Benayoun –– who scored over 40 goals between them last season, while Xabi Alonso nets more than almost any other sitting midfielder. (His record is almost twice as good as Didi Hamann's was during his stint at the club. And of course, Alonso even scores directly from the holding midfield area of the pitch.)

The start of the season is never about strutting about in style and winning plaudits not points, but getting results and gaining that extra sharpness; creating a solid platform to build on for when the team hits its stride. Excuse me for thinking it's a good start to see Liverpool in the group stages of the Champions League for the fifth successive season under Benítez, whilst having gained seven points from the opening three league games.

Like others I look forward to greater style and more goals arriving in due course – and I see no reason why it won't come when everyone's fit and sharp – but for now the ends totally justify the means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Anyone see the interview with Rafa about 3 weeks ago?

"Yes, we have possibilities. My ambition is to get 4th in the Premier League. I think this would be wonderful".

For that comment alone (if it was said), he should be sacked. At this stage 4th ain't good enough coinsidering the dross he's bought and sold. Gerrard and Torres won't be hanging around for too long if thats the ambition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Awful game!! As a neutral, Liverpool are awful to watch. I'd really like to see a team with such a great history rise again. But its not going to happen with the current set up, thats for sure. They are just awful to watch! Apart from flashes from torres and Gerrard, they do nothing for this particular 'Football' fan. They don't seem to even want to play! One of the best teams at winning the ball back, but very little when they have it. Do liverpool fans really believe this team can make an impact? I like to see the Irish lads do well too, and am really concerned about Keane in that side. I really hope Liverpool come back to the heights they were, and get the old pass and move going again. Really don't see it happening though.:(

flanzer wrote: »
    For that comment alone (if it was said), he should be sacked. At this stage 4th ain't good enough coinsidering the dross he's bought and sold. Gerrard and Torres won't be hanging around for too long if thats the ambition

Er, I was being sarcastic.

mike65 wrote: »
    ROCKMAN

He was gone within 20 mins.

Mike

True , but 20 mins was enough time to see line ups , tactics etc , Was Keane not on the wing/out wide for that 20mins , And when ye lost Torres was he replaced by a striker hmm, just show intent or ambition IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Er, I was being sarcastic.

Sorry Spockety, I'm a bit over sensitive today!

Lucky for me though, tonight I've a box room to paint and can't wait to be entertained watching the paint dry! I should have done it yesterday at 4 p.m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Didn't see the game but, just as I said about Uniteds draw with Newcastle, I'm not sure an away draw at Villa will turn out to be a bad result come the end of the season.

In all fairness to Liverpool, I heard they played badly, but if Villa come 5th/6th in the league then an away draw against them is not too shabby.

Any word on how long Torres will miss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

God that was a painful watch. That's the 4th Scouse match I have watched this season and it sure as hell isn't getting any easier.

It was like watching 2 girls play snooker.

Any one else wonder why the world class Babel was not brought on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

It was just such a negative preformance, how can a team hopeing to win the league have no shots on goal. ahhhh:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

But they did have shots on goal. Just because they were deflected away by defenders doesn't stop them being shots on goal. Alonso's was going bottom corner but for that deflection.

Kuyt shot just wide aswell. Ngog's was an inch or two over the bar. I'd much rather those than lame shots into the keepers chest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

podge018 wrote: »
    But they did have shots on goal. Just because they were deflected away by defenders doesn't stop them being shots on goal. Alonso's was going bottom corner but for that deflection.

Kuyt shot just wide aswell. Ngog's was an inch or two over the bar. I'd much rather those than lame shots into the keepers chest.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just as a notice, any more off-topic posts will be treated very very very harshly, lets try discuss football ya know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I always thought that if you put a shot on target it had some hope of going in but if you put it wide it has no chance.

was Keane not playing out wide in a 4-2-3-1? A role he has played numerous times? a role that Trap thinks is his best (albeit centrally, but the way Liverpool play it, the 3 interchange)? I fail to see the issue here.

simple fact is that this is Villa fans game of the season, a chance to prove that they are the "real deal" and show that Rafa is a nonce who has a cheek to try and buy their best or second best player, a player that still wanted the move but the clubs were anable to agree a fee.

We went into it after a 120min game during the week, they went into it rested up after resting some players during their midweek game.

we went into it with our best player missing, and lost our next best player within 20 mins. they were full strenght.

we created the best chances with good chances falling to Kuyt,Alonso,Ngog and Keane.

Neither side was particularly decent in attack, both sides were good in defence.

Now was the time for Villa to do us, and even despite all of the above, they were unable to. read into that watever you want-i know wat it spells out for me though, we are still on a very different level to Aston Villa.

flanzer wrote: »
    Dont do sarcasim much do ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

was Keane not playing out wide in a 4-2-3-1? A role he has played numerous times? a role that Trap thinks is his best (albeit centrally, but the way Liverpool play it, the 3 interchange)? I fail to see the issue here.

Thats just not the same as Trap. They are interchangable yes, but Liverpool do not play a completely fluid attacking 3, they just don't. Keane was playing as a left sided attacking midfielder.
    Now was the time for Villa to do us, and even despite all of the above, they were anable to. read into that watever you want-i know wat it spells out for me though, we are still on a very different level to Aston Villa.

Your players are no doubt much better than Aston Villas players. That said, Villa have a system which suits their players. Liverpool so far haven't found that system and theres no indication that both Keane and Gerrard can fit properly into that system. That's still the huge question hanging over Liverpool this season, the system.

• Advertisement

ok then PHB, even with us not having a "system" and missing our two best players, Villa still couldnt beat us or even dominate us. that shows the difference in class between the teams, which is still massive imo.

if Liverpool keep ticking along without properly settling into a system as we havent thus far, we will still finish ahead of Villa. If we click and start playing well, sky's the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

ajeffares wrote: »
    I always thought that if you put a shot on target it had some hope of going in but if you put it wide it has no chance.

A shot on goal may go a foot wide, but that's only a matter of milimetres on a players boot. I'd much rather my players shot a fraction wide with the keeper beaten than lame efforts that Stevie Wonder would save like Alonso's shot on target from 55 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Helix wrote: »
    i liked these ones best

In fairness Helix, i wasn't really being serious when i said that Villa were sh!te or that it'd be easy. I thought it would be draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »

we created the best chances with good chances falling to Kuyt,Alonso,Ngog and Keane.
    For me, the best chance of the game was Carew's effort in the first half that he put straigt at the keeper, should have burried that.

i would say Keanes one on one, but hey ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement