Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aston DB9 on wrecked exotics

Options
  • 25-08-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭

Just checking out wrecked exotics and noticed this Aston. I thought the rollover bars were only meant to deploy(extend) if the car turned over? In the picture, it looks like they just smashed through the rear screen even though the car didn't turn over.
    2db9_20080803_005.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

maybe before impact with the citroen the aston had clipped something and was on two wheels but the collision knocked it back on it's four wheels? :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

hmm - I have to say I feel more sorry for the citroen. Looks like it was parked and the aston was driving along, probably badly and by someone who was possibly under the influence of eh life... Or maybe he was trying to avoid something oncoming.

anyway - I think it's good the pop-up bars worked - just shows that Aston build quality and reliability might be a lot better than it was in say the 1980s!!!!! noooooooooooooooo................!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

From the website
    Description:
    The Citoen driver was at fault here, he didn't give the right of way to the Aston Martin while turning. They crashed at around 30 mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

superjosh9 wrote: »
    anyway - I think it's good the pop-up bars worked - just shows that Aston build quality and reliability might be a lot better than it was in say the 1980s!!!!! noooooooooooooooo................!!!!!!!
    I would say to the contrary to be honest....I would imagine that they are only supposed to popup if the car flips over? I would imagine that they may be costly to reset and replace all the damaged parts as a result of them deploying?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've a convertible also and I read in the manual that the sensors for the rollover bars are on the side panels. So a wallop from the side without turning over will extend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

no - I agree that they shouldn't have gone off - but I still am pleased that they went off in the first case - i.e, better safe than sorry - and it's nice to see that they do actually work!

anyway, my previous post was a throw-away one, ignore it - I didn't even read the link! :)

Advertisement