Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Update

Options
  • 25-08-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just thought I'd start a thread for any news on any tv basketball updates. I guess I'm hoping one day I'll click on here and someone will say Sky or Setanta will start showing 50 NBA games a week :p I wish!
    No but seriously if anyone gets any info. re: broadcasts please post here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

^^^^ Hey good idea Jimmay lol :D

Ok so I'll start it off.

Channel 5 have the season opener between the Celts hosting Lebron and the Cavs live on Oct 28th! Couldn't really ask for a better start, looking forward to it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

jimmay wrote: »
    ^^^^ Hey good idea Jimmay lol :D

Ok so I'll start it off.

Channel 5 have the season opener between the Celts hosting Lebron and the Cavs live on Oct 28th! Couldn't really ask for a better start, looking forward to it already!

But you can't get channel 5 oever here, can we??

Would LOVE to see that, my two favorite players in the league, opening the new season, fantastic :D

Tim131 wrote: »
    But you can't get channel 5 oever here, can we??

Would LOVE to see that, my two favorite players in the league, opening the new season, fantastic :D

I get it on cable on one of the tvs in my house. Not all of them though for some weird reason but try checkin it out, it's worth a lil investigation!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

jimmay wrote: »
    I get it on cable on one of the tvs in my house. Not all of them though for some weird reason but try checkin it out, it's worth a lil investigation!

We're with sky so don't have any cable TV, but thanks anyways. I'll try find a UK Sky Card on ebay or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Any reason why Sky dropped the NBA-did they lose the rights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Any reason why Sky dropped the NBA-did they lose the rights?

It was their decision to drop it before the start of the 2007-2008 season and concentrate more on their NFL coverage. Personally only showing live games until after the All Star Break says to me that they din't truly care about their product.

But yeah NBA coverage stinks now. I remember part of what got me into the sport was when BBC and ITV showed Live games and highlight programmes. Heck from what I recall the BBC showed Michael Jordans first comeback game with the Wizards. Then Sky got it and yes even if they showed live games they still treated it minorily compared to what they did with the NFL.

I read somewhere that someone who works in the London NBA office said there was no better time to be a fan before the exhibition game their last year. If thats true he/she must be on crack

Cheers to Sea Devils pointing out on another thread there's a live game on Setanta Sports 1 this Sun Oct 12th

"Live NBA action from the O2 Arena, London as Lawerence Frank and the New Jersey Nets take to the hardwood against Erik Spoelstra and Miami Heat in the NBA Europe Live series"

Live at 6:50pm

Thanks Jimmay:)

Just got the Irish download schedule for NASN and it said NBA Fastbreak would be back on our screens from the 2nd of November at 11.00 am. No sign of any other related NBA programming but it's a start :). Maybe Setanta or NASN 2 will show the games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Spent the last few days trying to figure out some way of getting NBA coverage on our tv (Sky subscription). Added Five and Five US, and neither would show.

Does anyone know if Setanta are going to regularly show NBA games? Now thinking of dropping Sky Sports (the NBA coverage was the only reason we got it in the first place) and maybe adding Setanta in its place since they don't show the NBA on the Eircom site. Anyone know of any other channels that will show it? Would it be worth getting ESPN (is that even possible)? Or should I do like the poster above and seek out a UK freeview card and box?

Any help appreciated.

Top Dog wrote: »
    Spent the last few days trying to figure out some way of getting NBA coverage on our tv (Sky subscription). Added Five and Five US, and neither would show.

Does anyone know if Setanta are going to regularly show NBA games? Now thinking of dropping Sky Sports (the NBA coverage was the only reason we got it in the first place) and maybe adding Setanta in its place since they don't show the NBA on the Eircom site. Anyone know of any other channels that will show it? Would it be worth getting ESPN (is that even possible)? Or should I do like the poster above and seek out a UK freeview card and box?

Any help appreciated.

If you want extra coverage I'd get Five US because they show one game per week and a highlights show (not a whole lot but better then nothing). Either way if I were you I'd wait and see if Setanta make any more announcments because now that they have NBA Fastbreak and now have shown last Sundays London game live hopefully in the next few days they will announce live game Coverage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FunBall

This is the NASN NBA offering this year http://www.postingup.co.uk/Basketball-On-TV/58.html

FunBall wrote: »
    This is the NASN NBA offering this year http://www.postingup.co.uk/Basketball-On-TV/58.html

So is that definite for sure that there won't be any live games at all but just a highlights show? which although nice is no subsitute for live games

Unbelievable:rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Five is now free to air on Sky. To add into your box:

Press the Services button
    Press 4 (System Setup)
    Press 4 (Add Channels)

Enter in the following details:

Frequency: 10.773
    Polarisation: H
    Symbol Rate: 22.0
    FEC: 5/6

Then click find channels. Scroll over to the channel labeled 6335, then press the yellow button and then press Select to save it.

To watch it, press the Services button, then press 9 (Other channels), move to 6335 and press Select.

Celtics v Rockets is on Wednesday at 1am :)

Advertisement