Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying property - comprehensable a-z checklist

Options
  • 25-08-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering would anyone be interested in putting on a comprehensable a-z checklist for people moving into their new house whether they be first time buyers or moving to their second home.

im in the process of buying a brand new house, and its quite a grey area.

the only person who knows the real ins and outs of the whole process is my mortguage advisor...

ive seen the house i want to buy, but for the likes of the snag list i have spotted a few things i know need to be done which are quite obvious but the likes of the garden is quite over grown i dont know weather that should be covered.

im sure a person can be contracted to survey for a snag list but at what point should this be done?

at what point do i get a solicitor? before or after ive paid the inital deposite? and what clasuses should i look for in this contract should i sign and pay before i get a solicitor.

how many times should i view the property? and if i decide to buy and need to know what exact size fridge i need for the fitted kitchen how do i find that out...

when should i be ordering furniture?

how do i know im not buying a bed thats too big for the bedroom?

do i order carpet before anything else?

buying property for dummys type thing..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you have paid a deposit, you should notify your solicitor, if for nothing else to allow him paln his work.

Ask the vendor when the building will be suitable for a snag list - you will need to find someone to do this.

Some furniture and appliances can take 4-8 weeks. Its up to you to get the right sizes by measuring on site - do not rely on drawings.

Advertisement