Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unforgiven 2008 Spoilers

• 25-08-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

card so far

WWE Champion Triple H, United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter and The Brian Kendrick, every second will count at Unforgiven. The five Superstars will make history by participating in the first-ever WWE Championship Scramble Match, where for 20 minutes, it’s anyone’s game.

Championship Scramble” Match. In what promises to be a thrilling World Heavyweight Title bout, reigning champion CM Punk and four former World Champions – Kane, JBL, Batista and John Cena – will battle in the ring at the same time for 20 minutes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

*Card Subject to Many Changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm guessing Jericho V HBK may happen and also Undertaker V La Familia

What about Edge??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Edge is dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

EdK wrote: »
    Edge is dead!

Yeah I sawed it wen de undowtaker he made a fires comes out out of the wing. And edge is dead now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Uh huh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

HBK V Jericho for this PPV? Is it not a bit early for that, no?
    Though in fairness, he *did* feckin' clock his wife one. I'd have given it one more month, personally.

And what's the story with TWO scramble matches?! :rolleyes:
    Just a lazy way to set up Cena/Punk and HHH/Jeff, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

EdK wrote: »
    Edge is dead!
    pish :rolleyes: WWE

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    And what's the story with TWO scramble matches?! :rolleyes:
    Just a lazy way to set up Cena/Punk and HHH/Jeff, yeah?

They dont book that far ahead, the writers are probably go though draft #183 of Raw tonight as we speak.

- WWE Championship Scramble

HHH V MVP V Brian Kendrick V Shelton Benjamin V Jeff Hardy

- WHC Championship Scramble

CM Punk V Batista V Kane V JBL V Rey Mysterio

- Jericho V HBK

- ECW Championship Scramble

Mark Henry V Finlay V The Miz V Chavo V Matt Hardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The ECW match would be better if it had Bourne or Morrisson in it instead of the Miz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Miz is decent in the ring and entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Miz is good in the ring and great on the mic but Morrisson is better. Realistically, they clearly should have taken out Chavo and put him in so they could at least have a tag team angle. Also the PPV is in Cleveland which is the Miz's hometown

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The Miz is good in the ring and great on the mic but Morrisson is better. Realistically, they clearly should have taken out Chavo and put him in so they could at least have a tag team angle. Also the PPV is in Cleveland which is the Miz's hometown

All good points Bubs, Morrisson is a bigger star (former ECW Champion, whatever thats worth) too

rovert wrote: »
    Morrisson is a bigger star (former ECW Champion, whatever thats worth) too

I'm not sure that Morrisson is the bigger star though. In wrestling he is but in the real world (no pun intended) Miz's reality TV background has given him alot more exposure than most in the WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The Miz is great though lay off the Miz.

I'm not sure that Morrisson is the bigger star though. In wrestling he is but in the real world (no pun intended) Miz's reality TV background has given him alot more exposure than most in the WWE

We are talking about Wrestling here Bubs, Morrison is the leader of the team too.

We are talking about Wrestling here Bubs, Morrison is the leader of the team too.

Fair enough, in wrestling their's no question over who's the bigger star but I still reckon that if they let the team grow for a year or so and have another reign or two, the Miz could learn enough to carve out a Christian-ish niche and cult stardom.

Fair enough, in wrestling their's no question over who's the bigger star but I still reckon that if they let the team grow for a year or so and have another reign or two, the Miz could learn enough to carve out a Christian-ish niche and cult stardom.

Definitely I like the Miz, he has really worked hard to improve the past two years. But still the Miz's crossover appeal isnt as great as you seem to think. As he kind off had the **** off I dont want you on my TV/X-Pac heat on the Real World etc. It was a hinderance during the early part of his career in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

To what extent would wider audiences remember Miz, though? There have been a plethora of reality TV stars over the years that have replaced him.

Definitely I like the Miz, he has really worked hard to improve the past two years. But still the Miz's crossover appeal isnt as great as you seem to think. As he kind off had the **** off I dont want you on my TV/X-Pac heat on the Real World etc. It was a hinderance during the early part of his career in my opinion.

I think it's natural to assume that wrestling fans would be hostile to some reality TV wash off with no talent or passion for the business they'd assume was just in it for the money but he's starting to win people over. The Real World audiences and the WWE's audience aren't that similar I would have thought

• Advertisement

To what extent would wider audiences remember Miz, though? There have been a plethora of reality TV stars over the years that have replaced him.

I'm pretty sure he's been in at least 6 or 7 MTV series and he went out with a playboy cover girl so he'd have a decent enough following. Certainly more than your average superstar

I think it's natural to assume that wrestling fans would be hostile to some reality TV wash off with no talent or passion for the business they'd assume was just in it for the money but he's starting to win people over. The Real World audiences and the WWE's audience aren't that similar I would have thought

I dont want any hostility to this question as enough has been floating about here recently. But you've seen him on the Real World, right? This isnt about being a reality star per se, it is about being really, really annoying.

I liked him on the Real World....

I liked him on the Real World....

You would Buds, you would :p

He got too much in the way of Corral's boobs for my liking.

WWE Championship Scramble match
    - HHH vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Shelton Benjamin

World Hvt. Championship Scramble match
    - CM Punk vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. JBL vs. Kane

ECW Championship Scramble match
    - Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Finlay vs. The Miz

World Tag Team Championship match
    - Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Cryme Tyme

Non-Sanctioned
    - Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That ECW match better have something interesting happen in it because the crowd will be dead if they get 15-20 minutes of Henry, Chavo and Miz. Hopefully Matt and Finlay start it off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

there are runours saying the winner of the wwe title match will face Taker later on. Due to vickie trying to apologies to Undertaker blah blah

there are runours saying the winner of the wwe title match will face Taker later on. Due to vickie trying to apologies to Undertaker blah blah

Yeah, Meltzer hinted at that on Monday, saying that there was going to be a big match announced on Smackdown. It's in the Observer as the current working idea which will probably change ten times before the PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

The Sun newspaper released a statement that undertaker is injured, so thats undertaker, edge, cena and kennedy and as a result Stone Cold Steve Austin is making a once off come back for wrestlemania!!!!!!

• Advertisement

WWE about to lose another headliner
    By Dave Meltzer

Shawn Michaels suffered a torn triceps muscle, apparently from taking a bad bump late in the Raw taping tonight in St. Louis. The word from the show is that Michaels will be working on Sunday against Chris Jericho on the PPV.

Looks like Jericho is going over on Sunday.

hyn-zie wrote: »
    The Sun newspaper released a statement that undertaker is injured, so thats undertaker, edge, cena and kennedy and as a result Stone Cold Steve Austin is making a once off come back for wrestlemania!!!!!!

I haven't heard about Undertaker, but the rest will all be back well before Wrestlemania, so I don't see what it has to do with Austin

Maybe Kennedy won't be back by then, but it's not like Austin would be replacing him, it would be completely unrelated

As for Shawn, I hope they manage to keep it going til Wrestlemania now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Looks like Jericho is going over on Sunday.
    And all is right with the world!

DRakE wrote: »
    And all is right with the world!

Leading to the blow off at Wrestlemania :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Huh so am I the only one who thinks that Vicki in an attempt to protect herself as GM will hire Big Slow, Kozlow or some other powerhouse to face Taker is going to happen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Huh so am I the only one who thinks that Vicki in an attempt to protect herself as GM will hire Big Slow, Kozlow or some other powerhouse to face Taker is going to happen?

I think i read somewhere that Taker is still not 100% so they prob will drag this whole vicki thing on for a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So orton, cena and Kennedy is legit injured;
    Taker and Michaels we aren't really sure about it;
    And Rey and Edge is in "hell".

Anyone going to start a poll on who else is going to get injured next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

What is the official line on Edge and, to a lesser extent, Rey? Is Edge just on a rest period?

Sunset V wrote: »
    What is the official line on Edge and, to a lesser extent, Rey? Is Edge just on a rest period?

They are BURNING IN HELL!! :pac::pac:

Well seeing as rey was at the raw taping, he seems to be doing ok for someone with no soul.
    In other words i guess he is back.

Edge is taking a rest period i heard.

The official line on them is that Edge is in hell and Rey is fit enough to compete in a title match after being beaten up by Kane

The truth is that Edge is just worn down and is getting some time off while Rey is being rushed back after just beginning training again two weeks ago. I'd expect a bit of a belly on him at Unforgiven

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Don't know if someone has posted this already and if it should be a spoiler or not!:
    Rey returns at Raw tonight and attacks Kane.

• Advertisement

lol..If it was the real world Kane would kill Mysterio..How sad that would be.......

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

callaway92 wrote: »
    lol..If it was the real world Kane would kill Mysterio..How sad that would be.......

Mysterio wouldn't stand a chance!:pac:

Oh btw,,Im not saying I like Kane or anything..Just to clear that up..For some reason everyone here likes the hugely charismatic Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

Oh btw,,Im not saying I like Kane or anything..Just to clear that up..For some reason everyone here likes the hugely charismatic Kane

Well, to give him his due, at least he's not flippin' injured........:D

Well, to give him his due, at least he's not flippin' injured........:D

Good point actually ..the man is very rarely not active and seems to never get harmful injuries

Good point actually ..the man is very rarely not active and seems to never get harmful injuries

When was the last time he was off for a lengthy period of time?

When was the last time he was off for a lengthy period of time?

I dont think he has ever been out for an injury..Only reason he was out for a couply of months before was to Make "See No Evil"..Thats the most lenghty time he was out
    EDIT..Back in I think 2000 he got a wrist injury and he was out for a couple of weeks..
    Thats all I can remember

From Dave Meltzer:
    While it has not been made official, the word going around is that Michaels suffered a minor tear of his triceps and will not need surgery. The match Sunday appears to be a go and Michaels may not even need any time off. Tremendously good news for all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

From Dave Meltzer:

Thanks man, thats great news indeed :)

From Dave Meltzer:

Good for him but bad for the betting population of the board. Those kind of pre-PPV injuries could be very lucrative in the long run

• Advertisement
Advertisement