Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unforgiven 2008 Spoilers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Good for him but bad for the betting population of the board. Those kind of pre-PPV injuries could be very lucrative in the long run

HBK could have easily still won, only for Y2J to injure him post match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

rovert wrote: »
    HBK could have easily still won, only for Y2J to injure him post match.

Obviously he could have won, but if a guy comes in with an injury it certainly swings the odds towards the other guys favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyways just watched ECW, and sadly it looks an absolute banker that Mark Henry is retaining this sunday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i read on nodq.com that ticket sales for Unforgiven are not going to well. apparently only like 6000 tickets have been sold so far

i read on nodq.com that ticket sales for Unforgiven are not going to well. apparently only like 6000 tickets have been sold so far

They are papering (handing out tickets) the town now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They're yet to hit the levels of TNA's recent 500 attendance in an 8000 seat arena :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

WWE has confirmed that Shawn Michaels will NOT need surgery following his triceps tear that occurred during the Raw taping this past Sunday night. He WILL be wrestling Chris Jericho at Unforgiven this Sunday night, and when asked about the injury, Michales was quoted as saying “before the MRI my doctor was 99.9 percent sure that I had a full tear of my triceps and that I would experience bruising, swelling and a loss of my range of motion. Through the power of prayer, none of those things happened and I am ready for Unforgiven. Regardless of what the MRI revealed, I made it clear that I was going forward with this match.”

WWE.com has just announced that they have added Michelle McCool vs Maryse, for The Diva's Championship, to the Unforgiven card. This will be Maryse's debut PPV match as well as McCool's first Diva's Championship defense on PPV.

JP Liz wrote: »
    WWE.com has just announced that they have added Michelle McCool vs Maryse, for The Diva's Championship, to the Unforgiven card. This will be Maryse's debut PPV match as well as McCool's first Diva's Championship defense on PPV.

just announced = 2 days ago

Divas is serious business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Would this not be McCool's first defense period? Can't remember her putting it on the line before.

Maryse has improved but still has some way to go. Victoria should have been the first challenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Would this not be McCool's first defense period? Can't remember her putting it on the line before.

Maryse has improved but still has some way to go. Victoria should have been the first challenger.

Michelle defended the title against Maryse on the Smackdown after the Bash if memory serves. It is a strange one though, putting Maryse in the frame, when Victoria and the Anvil are both much better in, and out of, the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Sunset V wrote: »
    Michelle defended the title against Maryse on the Smackdown after the Bash if memory serves.
    I believe that was a non title match, but I could be wrong.

Yes this is McCool's first title defense.

I would prefer if it Victoria and Nattie in the match

BTW is McCool still dating Taker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Was not merely baseless internet rumour?
    Anyways Lance Storm speaks out ahead of Unforgiven.
    September 1, 2008

I took a break from watching wrestling in August and just started getting back into the swing of things this past week or so. I managed to keep up with what was going on by listening to Wrestling Observer Radio and the Bryan and Vinny show on The Wrestling Observer/Figure 4 Weekly website but didn’t actually watch any of the programs. After a little over a week back I am left with but one thought, “What The F—K?”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such poor, or at least an outright lack of booking in my entire life. There are only 2 pending PPV matches I have any interest in at all, across TNA and all 3 Brands of WWE. Those two matches being, Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels, and Angelina Love vs. Taylor Wilde.

The Michaels – Jericho program has been awesome and the Knockouts match I’m interested in primarily because I’m a huge supporter of Angelina Love. I was instrumental in her being hired by WWE, way back when, and was very disappointed when she was released without being given a chance. When she ended up in TNA I was very happy for her, and I’m thrilled with her current TNA success. Unfortunately my interest in the WWE and TNA product pretty much ends there, at least when looking at the Main Event picture.

Let me start with WWE, because a lot of the criticism I have of their current product is criticism I’ve been throwing at TNA for years. Their current World Title pictures are terrible. There is not currently one single World Title program across WWE’s 3 brands. We are going into Unforgiven and all three major titles are being contested in gimmick concept matches reminiscent of TNA.

I equate the WWE Scrabble match concept to TNA’s King of the Mountain Match. It is an overly complex match that requires a screen or more of graphics to explain the rules, and by design is a match that in no way determines who the better man is, and awards that person the Heavy Weight title. I have been criticizing TNA for years for continually using a formula that has failed to draw on PPV and now for some reason WWE is copying it.

If the concept of this match isn’t bad enough, current booking has given almost no one in these matches credibility. I’m going to only look at RAW and SD for this as I haven’t really been following ECW and let’s be honest, it’s RAW and SD that will be the drawing power on this show. At Summer Slam (arguably the second biggest PPV of the year) both World Champions worked in the Undercard. There were 2 main event matches on that show and neither of the World Champions managed to make the cut. That doesn’t bode well for Title credibility.

In the RAW Scramble match, Punk faces Kane, Rey Mysterio, JBL, and Batista. Of these 4 challengers Dave Batista is the lone standout contender booked to look like he deserves a title shot. Big Dave pinned John Cena clean in one of the Main Event matches at Summer Slam and is definitely deserving of a title show. JBL has lost 2 or 3 times to champ Punk in recent weeks, Kane, to my knowledge, has not won a significant match since joining RAW in the Draft, and Rey Mysterio has been inactive for maybe 6 months and apart from a forgettable win over Santino Marella has never even wrestled on RAW. I realize Rey was a last minute substitution and likely the best choice to replace the injured John Cena but even John would have been going into this World Title shot coming off back-to-back clean PPV loses.

The SD Scramble is in even worse shape. Champion HHH is facing, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, The Brian Kendrick, and MVP. While a case could be made that a couple of these guys are deserving of title shots, everyone one of these guys cheated or back doored their way into this match, in undeserving fashion. Shelton defeated Finlay, with distraction help from Mike Knox, MVP won a lame count out victory over Festus, Jeff Hardy defeated The Great Kahli after HHH knocked him out with a chair, and Brian Kendrick cheated his way to a Battle Royal victory. And just in case the Battle Royal victory wasn’t lame enough, it was a Battle Royal that featured such SD Main Eventers as Funaki, Super Crazy, Ryan Braddock, and Scotty Goldman. Can you say, “No Buys?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Lance Storm speaks the truth as usual :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Nice read, that.
    Any link or is it a members only type thing?

Every much so hence her push.
    mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Nice read, that.
    Any link or is it a members only type thing?

To what exactly?

RJD2's Lance Storm piece.

RJD2's Lance Storm piece.

It'll be somewhere on www.stormwrestling.com

He does a few columns every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This is shaping up to be worst PPV of the year imo

• Advertisement

Or a sleeper for the best

Might aswell do my predictions

WWE Championship Scramble match
    - HHH vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Shelton Benjamin

World Hvt. Championship Scramble match
    - CM Punk vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. JBL vs. Kane

ECW Championship Scramble match
    - Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Finlay vs. The Miz

World Tag Team Championship match

- Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Cryme Tyme

Non-Sanctioned
    - Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

WWE Divas Championship Match
    - Michelle McCool vs. Maryse

I cant wait tbh:rolleyes:..Surely there will be another match added??

Predictions...

MVP to win the title
    Punk to retain
    Mark Henry to retain
    Jericho to win
    Rhodes and DiBiase to retain
    Michelle to retain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

There will most likely be a segment between 'Taker and Vickie. There is guaranteed to be excitement in the closing minute of the Scrambles and Cryme Tyme against Rhodes and DiBiase should be good. It can't be much worse than last years which, in my opinion, was utterly awful.

Predictions:

HHH
    Punk
    Finlay
    Rhodes/DiBiase
    McCool
    Jericho

May aswell lump in my predictions:

HHH (to win it back in the last few seconds)
    Punk (I wanted to say Batista does a heel turn and takes it sneakily, by turning on Mysterio etc, but I reckon that Kane/Rey feud will play out a bit longer. :rolleyes:)
    M. Hardy
    Cryme Tyme
    HBK (wins by DQ)
    McCool

May aswell lump in my predictions:

HHH (to win it back in the last few seconds)
    Punk (I wanted to say Batista does a heel turn and takes it sneakily, by turning on Mysterio etc, but I reckon that Kane/Rey feud will play out a bit longer. :rolleyes:)
    M. Hardy
    Cryme Tyme
    HBK (wins by DQ)
    McCool

Thats "unsanctioned"...Basically a no DQ match..I think anyway

I reckon:

WWE Championship Scramble match
    Winner: Triple H

World Championship Scramble match
    Winner: CM Punk

ECW Championship Scramble match
    Weiner: Matt Hardy

World Tag Team Championship match
    Winners: Cryme Tyme

Non-Sanctioned
    Winner: Chris Jericho

WWE Divas Championship Match
    Winner: Michelle McCool

I've thought WWE were pretty solid this year so far to be honest. I've enjoyed all that i saw. Only Real hindrance was the two elimination chambers at No Way Out. It also bugs me that we're getting THREE of the same gimmick match in the same PPV.

Someone suggested to me a while back (on Fan Nation, of all places) that each PPV would be get its own gimmick match. Royal Rumble at the Royal Rumble obviously. The Chamber would be a No Way Out exclusive. Money In The Bank at Mania. Hell In a Cell for Summer Slam. Unforgiven gets the scramble, etc.

So i hope that doesn't happen, as WWE would become even more predictable than it already can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Predicitons

Raw Scramble: Punk to retain

Smackdown Scramble: Hunter to retain

ECW Scramble: Miz to win with Morrison's interference

Jericho to win

Piss Break

Priceless to win via Orton interference

callaway92 wrote: »

Ah. My bad Callaway... Didn't know what that meant.

...But I still Stand by it. He's gonna do something demented. Something involving a golf-kart and a Bacon Cheeseburger. You'll see. That PG ratings going out the window.

Is Shawn injured from his fall out of the ring? I heard he hurt himself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hope Kendrick figures big in the scramble match. He's the only reason I'm staying up.

He was hurt, but he is cleared to wrestle

*Predictioné*

Raw: Punk to keep hold of that much deservant championship. But i do hope tonight makes him get closer to that credibility of a champion, if he wins it with a few seconds to the end or some bull**** like that, i hope he loses it soon. I can't take anymore of this underdog champion stuff.

Smackdown Scramble: Benjamin. Thats all im going to say. Creative loves him, and if they are giving MVP heat and want him to wrestle more like shelton, then they must think highly of him.

Possible HHH v Shelton run for Survivor series.

ECW Scramble: Henry to retain, wwe seem to like his squashing ability, and i do not see why they are going to book this one any differently.

Jericho v michaels: No finish, both wrestlers beat each other to an inch of their own lives, but i'd expect y2j on raw.

Divas match...

Cryme tyme to win after interference from Orton.

He has a partial triceps tear I think. It's not as bad as they originally thought

Untitled-7.jpg

Really.. they couldn't just get a picture of Priceless wearing the belts? Cody Rhodes is too busy is he? so they have to photoshop them on? :rolleyes:

Untitled-7.jpg

Really.. they couldn't just get a picture of Priceless wearing the belts? Cody Rhodes is too busy is he? so they have to photoshop them on? :rolleyes:

I think there is more than just that to question:

Why did they photoshop hornswoggles body with JTG's body?!

2. When did raw become blue?

3. Why is Rhodes at the back?!

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Predicitons

Raw Scramble: Punk to retain

Smackdown Scramble: Hunter to retain

ECW Scramble: Miz to win with Morrison's interference

Jericho to win

Piss Break

Priceless to win via Orton interference

That would be a dream ending for me:)

callaway92 wrote: »

Not a WCW fan then are you? Dont make me have to explain a Lights Out match ooh er mrs n :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd like to see hardy win the SD! scramble and aside from the Y2J/HBK really couldn't care less about the card..... I wont be staying up to watch it

I actually think Hardy will win the SD! one.

Argh.. im not sure. Hardy or Hunter, Hardy or Hunter... Bah.. I think Jeff is gonna win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ec18 wrote: »
    I'd like to see hardy win the SD! scramble and aside from the Y2J/HBK really couldn't care less about the card..... I wont be staying up to watch it

I'll be really disappointed if Jeff doesn't win. I thought his performance on SD! recently, with the new moves added to his arsenal, was really impressive. It'd be awful if such a talented performer was never rewarded with the top prize, even with his personal problems taken into account.

Apart from that, I'd be happy to see Henry drop the ECW belt, and if the HBK/Y2J match delivers to it's potential as a spectacle I won't mind which way the result goes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Credit: Prowrestling.net

There's a good chance that Lance Cade will get involved in the Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho match tonight. Their feud is expected to continue regardless of the outcome.

Triple H is expected to win the WWE Championship Scramble match but according to WWE sources, MVP or Jeff Hardy winning the title wouldn't shock them. Hardy winning the title doesn't seem likely since there has been no build up, nor have fans wanted him to win the title. MVP winning the Scramble would be the perfect scenario, as he could defend it against Triple H, Undertaker, and Jeff Hardy over the next few months. It wouldn't come as a surprise if Big Show interfered out of frustration with Vickie Guerrero's "oversight" and cost Triple H the title.

CM Punk is expected to win the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble and defend his title against Randy Orton at Survivor Series.

ECW Champion Mark Henry will look dominant in tonight's match and never get pinned, but Matt Hardy could walk out as champion. It'll be interesting to see if WWE will find some way to embarrass The Miz in front of his hometown fans.

I think there needs to be at least one title change. and it if does it will be with one of the main titles.

I could see Batista just about to win but randy trys to help him but backfires setting up a feud which will lead to them eventually reforming evolution with Priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I figure I'll throw my 2 cents in on this! I could have sworn it wasn't until next Sunday, but whatever.

WWE Title Scramble
    Triple H to retain. As much as I'd like to see MVP win it, he won't as apparently he's in the doghouse at the mo. Jeff will win the title, but not tonight, it'll happen with build up, or at least it should! TBK and Benjamin are just there as filler IMO.

Jericho/Michaels
    Don't care who wins, just wanna see it. Feud of the year IMO and only reason I catch the highlights of RAW.

Tag Title
    Could see something interesting happening with Orton and Priceless!

Don't care about the rest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They would have to have this the night before I return to college. Bah. :mad:

I'll make some predictions...

World Title scramble

JBL to win the title by pinning Rey, then Batista to win it by pinning Kane with the storyline being that Punk has lost the belt without being pinned however Punk will pin Batista in the dying seconds and walk out as champ. (If I get all this spot-on I want a damn medal)

WWE Title scramble

SuperHunter to lose the title? Very possible. Remember he's obsessed with winning as many titles as he can in order to beat Flair's record. I predict MVP will win the belt by pinning some sap like Kendrick but Triple H will beat him in the dying seconds and notch up yet ANOTHER title win.

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels Unsanctioned match

Jericho to go over. Interference does make sense alright.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase (c) vs. Cryme Tyme (World Tag Titles)

I see the titles being retained here.

ECW Title scramble

I think one title will change hands and this would seem to be the most logical one. Continuing the theme of champions losing the title I see Henry losing it a few times over the course of the match. It wouldn't surprise me if everyone ended up holding it at some point. It's not like they care about the ECW Title. My money's on Hardy leaving with the strap.

Michelle vs Maryse

Honestly don't give two hoots. I hope Santino and Beth interrupt the match and shuddup a'their faces.

I see this being a PPV that will annoy a lot of people and thus I don't see it going over too well. If SuperHunter notches up another title win I'll be pissed off so maybe I should leave this PPV altogether.

I predict a THUMBS DOWN PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Well seems you're right so far, Nice Guy... Hardy takes the ECW strap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Matt Hardy ECW champion. Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Was it not hacketts that take bets on this.... was looking on their site but could find nothing...

DiBiase and Rhodes retain ... YAWN.

Michaels Vs Jericho next, - that should be a laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ZZZZZZZZZZOMG HE GoT ****ED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAGH

Wow, an almost direct reversal of the G.A.B. match.

Jericho left incapacitated. "How can HBK live with himself, after what he's done?"... etc. etc.

Middling-to-poor angle turns into a sh*t one. Hope that's the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bard wrote: »
    Wow, an almost direct reversal of the G.A.B. match.

Jericho left incapacitated. "How can HBK live with himself, after what he's done?"... etc. etc.

Middling-to-poor angle turns into a sh*t one. Hope that's the end of it.

Should've had Michaels **** him up preoperly and walk off emotionless and leave the rest to the imagination, just can't believe what Michael Cole says.

• Advertisement
Advertisement