Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unforgiven 2008 Spoilers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but as much as I think Trips in class, what a joke of an ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

So it doesn't add 3 times to Triple H's championship tally, but he retains all the same.

Again... YAWN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Orton :O

C'mon, give Big Show a good face run :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Have to say Taker is the main reason i watch WWE

He is class:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Same here... great build-up and entrance by Taker - lets hope this goes somewhere good.

... [EDIT]... wtf... Show Vs Taker? ... interesting...

I was expecting Taker to lay one on show =/

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Voltwad wrote: »
    WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!

WE ALL JUST GOT SAVED!

Was pretty obvious once Jericho came out what was gonna happen. But I'm glad it did happen, everything's shook up now and hopefully with the newly-clean slate the writers can come up with some good stuff for the next while.

• Advertisement

Although what was the story with Punk? I wasn't around earlier, was he injured?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Am I the only one who liked the ECW scramble the most out of the three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

orestes wrote: »
    WE ALL JUST GOT SAVED!

delighted to see y2j champ

now he's a real champion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i dont wanna have to deal with punk comin back demanding a rematch etc as i dont think he was ever takin seriously and like most people i am fed up with the underdog champion angle! wouldtnt mind seeing a y2j orton feud (orton to come out and say it would never have happened if it wasnt for him) but with no one to cheer for i dunno if itll happen! punk/orton feud and hopefully continue the y2j/hbk feud i want michaels to get another title run!

delighted to see y2j champ

now he's a real champion

Me too but Adamle choosing/allowing Jericho to enter the scramble when in my estimation he was far more injured than Punk didn’t make a whole lot of sense.
    i dont wanna have to deal with punk comin back demanding a rematch etc as i dont think he was ever takin seriously and like most people i am fed up with the underdog champion angle! wouldtnt mind seeing a y2j orton feud (orton to come out and say it would never have happened if it wasnt for him) but with no one to cheer for i dunno if itll happen! punk/orton feud and hopefully continue the y2j/hbk feud i want michaels to get another title run!

The likely next PPV matches would be Punk/Orton (with at least one match leading up to that with Punk/Kofi vs Priceless for the tag titles) and HBK/Y2J again as HBK has a victory over champion Y2J. Y2J/Orton isn’t a good idea without HBK in the mix as they are both strong heels.

In my opinion taking the title off Punk and the way they did it will benefit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Jericho WHC Champion :D

Is Jericho/HBK feud finished now?

rovert wrote: »
    In my opinion taking the title off Punk and the way they did it will benefit him.

yeah i agree i think he could go for a "former champion scorned" angle, and when he is put back in the chase he may win it deservedly and no more of this sh!te, lucky wins, or DQ's or countout victories!

JP Liz wrote: »
    Jericho WHC Champion :D

Is Jericho/HBK feud finished now?

Hell no it just adds another dimension to the feud. As Ive said before HBK has a winner over the Champion Jericho. Not to mention the way Jericho won the title makes him a bigger prick.
    yeah i agree i think he could go for a "former champion scorned" angle, and when he is put back in the chase he may win it deservedly and no more of this sh!te, lucky wins, or DQ's or countout victories!

He lucked in and the out of title. The title run gave him a degree of credibility. How he lost it (as in he didnt actually) makes him more sympathic. I see really a lot of chemistry between him and Orton, he'll be fine.

punk/orton should be an interesting feud to say the least! i do look forward to it! how is ortons injury btw? i didnt see unforgiven so i havent seen him since one night stand (yes i missed raw last week too)

as far as hbk/y2j goes, i kno the threat was made "the worst is yet to come" takin the strap from him could fall under that category!

• Advertisement

punk/orton should be an interesting feud to say the least! i do look forward to it! how is ortons injury btw? i didnt see unforgiven so i havent seen him since one night stand (yes i missed raw last week too)

The shoulder brace is off. Orton will just call the shots for Priceless & Newmage until he is ready to wrestle.
    as far as hbk/y2j goes, i kno the threat was made "the worst is yet to come" takin the strap from him could fall under that category!

Yep, it wasnt conclusive at all. But expressed a desire to have this fued last up to a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

didn't like how the Raw angles have turned out.

Punk loses the title without competing? stupid imo - since when does getting attacked back stage mean you should forfeit the title? Don't like how that went down. Jericho then winning the title makes crap of the HBK/Y2J angle, and the match that night - as Jericho wasn't beaten bad enough to stop him from winning the title later that night. On top of that, where do they go now?

Do they just ignore the HBK/Y2J fued and move on immediately? I wouldn't think so, but while you could have Punk vs Orton and be fine, what happens to Batista? People may not like him, but if they take him out of the title picture after the build he has gotten recently, where do they put him? Cena isn't around which means really only Mysterio and JBL are left for him to fued off - neither propostions are appealing. 3 way between Batista, HBK and Y2J? would just seem like it would be shoe-horning Batista into a well established fued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Anyone having problems with watching the PPV?
    I didn't stay up but thought I'd catch the morning repeat. No luck. Anyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Morning repeat?

There is a replay on sky sports 3 at 9pm

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with watching the PPV?
    I didn't stay up but thought I'd catch the morning repeat. No luck. Anyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm sorted now.

Such as?

Tauren wrote: »
    didn't like how the Raw angles have turned out.

Punk loses the title without competing? stupid imo - since when does getting attacked back stage mean you should forfeit the title? Don't like how that went down. Jericho then winning the title makes crap of the HBK/Y2J angle, and the match that night - as Jericho wasn't beaten bad enough to stop him from winning the title later that night. On top of that, where do they go now?

Do they just ignore the HBK/Y2J fued and move on immediately? I wouldn't think so, but while you could have Punk vs Orton and be fine, what happens to Batista? People may not like him, but if they take him out of the title picture after the build he has gotten recently, where do they put him? Cena isn't around which means really only Mysterio and JBL are left for him to fued off - neither propostions are appealing. 3 way between Batista, HBK and Y2J? would just seem like it would be shoe-horning Batista into a well established fued.

I think you are being too permisstic here. They have a lot of options.

On a side note the months long plan was/is a Y2J/Rey fued after the the Y2J/HBK is done with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

when i was looking up unforgiven on dailymotion 2 matches were spoiled for me the SD and ECW scramble match. didnt bother me that much. glad to see Hardy as champ. I think putting jericho in the scramble was kinda stupid after punk was attacked. they could have easily had punk start the scramble off obviously hurt and nearly regain the title near the end put lose it someone else which would have been better imo.

when i was looking up unforgiven on dailymotion 2 matches were spoiled for me the SD and ECW scramble match. didnt bother me that much. glad to see Hardy as champ. I think putting jericho in the scramble was kinda stupid after punk was attacked. they could have easily had punk start the scramble off obviously hurt and nearly regain the title near the end put lose it someone else which would have been better imo.

Surely it is better to marginally affect Punk in order to establish Priceless & Manu and to setup Punk’s first proper program with Orton? While putting the title on Jericho puts more steam on him as Raw's top heel and top feud simultaneously. I swear I’m not taking cheques from Titan Towers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I like the way they are setting up a stable of the youngest wrestlers, this could be great imvho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Clareman wrote: »
    I like the way they are setting up a stable of the youngest wrestlers, this could be great imvho

Could be great, then it could be downright awful.
    :p

Why dont they just call them re-volution.

Could be great, then it could be downright awful.
    :p

Why dont they just call them re-volution.

The same reason why they wont call them the new Horsemen

• Advertisement

The same reason why they wont call them the new Horsemen

Wonder what they will be called though, that is, if anything.

Cant really see Orton announcing his "Priceless group".

May aswell lump in my predictions:

HHH (to win it back in the last few seconds)
    Punk (I wanted to say Batista does a heel turn and takes it sneakily, by turning on Mysterio etc, but I reckon that Kane/Rey feud will play out a bit longer. :rolleyes:)
    M. Hardy
    Cryme Tyme
    HBK (wins by DQ)
    McCool

4/6 ain't bad for me!

Anyway, good to see a new faction. La Familia did nothing for me at all. Be interesting to see who they come up against in the next few weeks/months.

Ps: Honk-a-meter +1 :D

priceless rko ftw!!! :pac:

Jericho new champ? Why?

I mean.. how does having a world title benefit the HBK/Y2J feud?

Where does that leave punk now?

I've a feeling Mr. Adamle will be hearing the two magic words very soon. (Yoooou're Fiiiiired!).

Also.. Punk lost his belt unfairly. Jericho took it unfairly. Shawn isn't finished with Jericho. Batista plain out got screwed. Orton indirectly screwed punk out of the belt and Kane was close to winning the belt and was the longest reigning champion during the match...

Unlikely, I know.

Wow.. it seems RAW has taken a turn for the worse.

As for my thoughts on the event itself;

I liked the ECW Scramble. Didn't love it though. Seeing Mark Henry do the same move over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again became very irritating.

Jericho/Michaels was pretty good. I enjoyed it. I loved HBK's facial expressions towards the end. I also love how a non-sanctioned match ends by DQ. What i hated, however, was the lack of camera men. it seems that they just had one guy at ringside and he was incredibly close to them at all times. Really bugged me. I don't know if they were trying to go for a more realistic feel by not using the hard camera as much, but damn, it sucked. I also think that both HBK and Y2J appearing on-screen after their match completely pissed on the whole effort of it. Michaels took a beating, but he was all smiles after it? He didn't even sound angry. Jericho, after being completely knocked unconscious and having his unprotected skull pounded on for minutes, managed to win a World title afterwards?

I don't like Maryse and hope she's out of a job soon.

SmackDown! scramble was my favourite scramble. I'm liking Kendrick.
    The whole match was pretty good i thought. Well.. Actually, i didn't like Super H flattening everyone with no hassle. But thats to be expected really, isn't it?

Simply Priceless and Cryme Tyme were very good i thought. Still not a big Cody fan, But the match overall was quite enjoyable i thought.

Big Show/Vickie/Undertaker = Waste of time in my opinion. The segment was OK, but really.. 20 minutes of entrances alone really. If they just left the casket at the top of the ramp and had Taker appear in the ring it woulda been much better. Big Show fake laughing got annoying too.

Why is it that when Regal was talking to Adamle, the cameraman was standing behind a load of pylons? Was he supposed to be hiding or something? he's a one man F-View is he?

RAW Scramble was pretty good, but the screwjob ending annoyed me. I'd much rather have seen Orton (and it would have made more sense, too). The match itself wasn't too bad though. I feel sorry for anyone who bought a ticket in hopes of seeing Punk perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

4/6 ain't bad for me!

Didn't Jericho win by DQ?

In regards to the Raw title picture have you read myself and others views on it before posing those questions, KKV? Just asking.

Spike440 wrote: »
    Didn't Jericho win by DQ?

There was no DQ in the rules.

HBK won by stoppage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

Ah I was going by the summary on Rajah which said:

"Winner because of referee stoppage - Chris Jericho".

I thought it seemed funny alright.

Do you win an un-sanctioned match by leaving your opponent so they just can not physically continue?

Ok, my reading of it:

The PPV potentially sets up

Punk -v- Orton,
    Crytme Tyme -v- Simply Priceles (continues)
    (and probably the obligatory 6-man tag match on Raw between the lot)

HBK -v- Jericho for the title now?:confused: Will Punk get a rematch clause? Though if he does, it could be the platform for Orton to interfere and intensify that fued.

Kane -v- Myserio. Though I hope not. It didn't work for me on Raw.
    Batista?... Havn't a clue. I'm sure he won't go idle though.

Don't know what the SD match changed really. Didn't see most of it, tbh. But from what I've heard there's no real #1 contender to arise from it.

Just my reading.
    We all know my track record with calling angles though! :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think that the WWE really deserve some criticism for the way they marketed this PPV. If TNA did this, announce a PPV between 5 men, then pull one of the biggest draws out, then on the night, pull the champ out but the match is still for a title. Then instead of introducing someone new, use somebody else who already lost a match because he wasn't fit to continue, and then have him win anyway. BS

BTW, I'm pretty sure the next PPV headline will be Batista vs. Micheals vs. Jerciho and maybe Punk

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think that the WWE really deserve some criticism for the way they marketed this PPV. If TNA did this, announce a PPV between 5 men, then pull one of the biggest draws out, then on the night, pull the champ out but the match is still for a title. Then instead of introducing someone new, use somebody else who already lost a match because he wasn't fit to continue, and then have him win anyway. BS

BTW, I'm pretty sure the next PPV headline will be Batista vs. Micheals vs. Jerciho and maybe Punk

+1
    on't know what the SD match changed really. Didn't see most of it, tbh. But from what I've heard there's no real #1 contender to arise from it.
    Thought that would go to Jeff. The ending was ridiculous though, Jeff had the most recent pin, so why go for another one instead of breaking up the pin Trips was goin for?

amacachi wrote: »
    +1

Thought that would go to Jeff. The ending was ridiculous though, Jeff had the most recent pin, so why go for another one instead of breaking up the pin Trips was goin for?

Seriously? :rolleyes: Shoddy!

I liked the ECW ending because it seemed realisitic enough. It was like watching the last five minutes of a cup match. Total last-ditch defending. Matt's gone up in my books latey. Never really cared for him, but I think ECW was the best place for him. Seems to have his fans there too.

Bubs101 wrote: »

Same could be said for having Taker and HHH square off for the first time years in a scramble match with 3 or less weeks of build but we wont go there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The ECW match was surprisingly decent and it was nice to see Matt win. The SD Scramble match was fun in the beginning but once Super Hunter got involved it nosedived and the ending made no sense. Why dd Jeff not break up Hunters pin? MVP came out of it looking pretty weak and Kenderick got pinned around 4 or 5 times which was silly. The Show/Taker stuff was ok enough, even if it was Show’s 276th Show heel turn but him and Taker should have a few good matches so that angle is fine. The Jericho match was the highlight of the night, him and HBK can feud for the next six months and I wont mind if they keep putting on great matches. The RAW scramble match was ordinary enough which was to be expected with Rey ring rusty and Kane and JBL pretty useless, thankfully the great Y2J swerve made it worthwhile.

In regards to the Raw title picture have you read myself and others views on it before posing those questions, KKV? Just asking.

Most of them (some posts weren't there as i was writing, but i read those after i posted my reply. Assuming no one here is a WWE writer, we haven't been given a definite answer as to what will happen on RAW in the coming weeks.

Your guess/opinion/thoughts are as good as anyone else's.

I was kinda hoping (whilst watching Y2J walk down the ramp to the scramble) that he wasn't actually in the match, but was coming out to address the crowd or something like that. I was hoping the were trying to stall on Punks entrance, and bring him out at the last minute to score a cheap pin fall.

Not liking Jericho being there at all. Really not. I'm actually annoyed that he has the belt.

Seriously? :rolleyes: Shoddy!

I liked the ECW ending because it seemed realisitic enough. It was like watching the last five minutes of a cup match. Total last-ditch defending. Matt's gone up in my books latey. Never really cared for him, but I think ECW was the best place for him. Seems to have his fans there too.

EVERYBODY'S FAVOURITE WRESTLER

:D
    HardLy!

Most of them (some posts weren't there as i was writing, but i read those after i posted my reply. Assuming no one here is a WWE writer, we haven't been given a definite answer as to what will happen on RAW in the coming weeks.

Your guess/opinion/thoughts are as good as anyone else's.

In my opinion my guesses are fairly reasonable, logical and make sense going forward. But whatevers.
    Not liking Jericho being there at all. Really not. I'm actually annoyed that he has the belt.

Good he is a heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Surely being involved in the best feud of 2008 and being responsible for consistently putting on quality free matches on RAW and delivering super promo's are good enough reasons to allow Y2J hold the belt for a wee while? The HBK v Jericho rivalry is the best thing going in the company at the minute so them wanting it to take centre stage and adding the World Title to the mix is fine by me:p

Advertisement