Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unforgiven 2008 Spoilers

1235»

Comments

Rovert; I'm not going to get into a long drawn out argument where we battle each other quote for quote. I'm too tired and we're not going to change each other's opinion anyway.

Agree to disagree?

Although i will just add;

Arguably the 2nd best Pro Wrestling writer behind Dave Meltzer.

That doesn't mean anything to me, and chances are it never will. I don't know why people harp on about Meltzer all the time.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rovert; I'm not going to get into a long drawn out argument where we battle each other quote for quote. I'm too tired and we're not going to change each other's opinion anyway.

Agree to disagree?

I disagree; I’m personally open to revision of my opinion when presented with a reasoned counterpoint. Once again I’ve gave numerous rational and reasonable reasons without needing to resort over exaggeration to explain why it makes sense to have the belt on Jericho much of which have already panned out on Raw. I did go to the trouble of answering your post; I would like you to return the favour.

Although i will just add;

That doesn't mean anything to me, and chances are it never will. I don't know why people harp on about Meltzer all the time.:confused:

I mean this respectfully but how would you know or think you know about baby face psychology or Pro Wrestling booking if you don’t know who Dave Meltzer is? I’m not saying someone has to read his newsletter every week but there are limited outlets where this type of thing is explained. Here is why people harp on about Meltzer he has been writing about Wrestling for nearly 30 years, his 20,000 word+ weekly newsletter has been weekly since 1991. That makes him probably the most prolific writer ever on any subject. He is the most highly regarded historian and journalist covering Pro Wrestling. He newsletter The Wrestling Obser Frank Deford a legendary sports journalist and senior editor of Sports Illustrated said this about Dave Meltzer:
    Meltzer, I believe, is the most accomplished reporter in sport journalism.

90%+ of the news you read on the internet comes from Meltzer too. But is often totally re-written which is why I ask people not to post from unreliable sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    Sorry, what? So a grudge feud with Orton = career death? WTF.

+1 i think this could be a great feud between the 2, unlike a few people here i didnt think jeff hardy deserved to be in any title race untill i saw the match with him and orton at the rumble, changed my mind, i think a feud with orton and punk will greatly increase punks credibility and place him properly in the title picture and not as "the underdog" all the time!
    But, if the Rock comes through the curtain next week the roof will come off the building. However, after a little while he'll be boo'ed out of the building..

i dont know where you are comin with this....boo'd out of the building? what are you basin this on, if he came back properly (which he never will) he would continue to be the most electrifying man in sports entertainment! i never liked the punk angle and as ive mentioned above the feud with orton will help him greatly imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Having given this some proper thought, this can only be good for Punk IMO, simply for the reason that he can use this to build momentum. People will remember how he never lost his title in the ring. This gives him a crusade of sorts to go back after it.

Re the cage match Vs Jericho, this will not have a clean finish. FFS, title matches on TV almost never have a clean finsih. Certainly when it is the heel who triumphs.

In the long term, this will get Punk over than what he already is. First he will go head to head with Orton in what is certainly not a vareer killing fued, quite the opposite in fact. Then after he has disposed of him, he gets to go after whomever is holding his title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wonder would Jericho have being given the belt if Hunter was still on Raw? Its no concidence that Jericho has being booked much stronger asince Hunter went over to Smackdown:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I saw no problem at all with Jericho's involvement in the Championship Scramble. He slowly limped down to the ring looking half dead. Ate a spear from Batista and lay on the outside for 4 minutes, then crawled on top of an "unconscious" Kane to steal the title.

If you're gonna bitch about that then surely you'd have to bitch about the fact that a one-armed Michaels beat the living p*ss out of two men all on his own.

Then again, who ever let the truth or indeed a few double standards get in the way of some good internet bitching?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

i dont know where you are comin with this....boo'd out of the building? what are you basin this on, if he came back properly (which he never will) he would continue to be the most electrifying man in sports entertainment! i never liked the punk angle and as ive mentioned above the feud with orton will help him greatly imo!

No Way Out 2003, Rock was booed out of the building on RAW's leading up to that show because a lot of fans got VERY pissed off with the fact that he left (after only returning for about two months, and got a title reign in the process) after Summerslam to make another movie. Believe me, the fans weren't so quick to welcome him back.

VR!

Advertisement