Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the way you think about food....

• 25-08-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

HELLO!

Just asking, has anyone tried Paul McKenna "I Will Make You Thin" book and CD. The idea of it is to change your attitude towards food, help you eat smaller portions, only eat when you are hungry etc. Basically it is everything that people should be able to do themselves however I dont have the will power to do it myself.... :(

I bought it yesterday and listened to the CD twice before going to sleep - it is a little like soft hypnosis I suppose - it helps you get VERY relaxed, focuses on breathing and then you count backwards from 300, after counting I dont remember very much until half hour later when he was telling me to wake up. I kind of remember him talking about eating better, only eating when hungry etc however it was a very strange experience.

I am 22yrs old, and have been on a diet for 9 months, I have lost 2.5stone and am currently 11stone. The ideal weight for my height is about 10 stone however from just doing my diet I cant seem to shift the final 14lbs, I have been stuck at this weight for about a month now and have not shifted anything so getting frustrated. I comfort eat on savory food and think if I could cut out toasted sandwiches/crisps etc I would lose my last bit of weight. I am very lucky that I have lost so much but want to get down to my target before xmas if possible.

So (got a bit sidetracked there) my question is - what is everyones opinion on the Paul McKenna CD and book etc. Today I am feeling great and not too hungry, not craving bad food (I actually WANTED and apple this morning and thats weird for me as I normally just eat it because I think I should). Is it all in my head.......??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

?

What is the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fluffy_Mango_4u

I cant work this thing - 1st post.... hwo do i delet and start again, had stuff there but edited and all disappeared.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I've reinserted your text for you :) If you want me to delete the thread and start all over just let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I have no opinion on Paul McKennas book or cd cause I have never used them.

You answered your otehr question yourself though.
    I comfort eat on savory food and think if I could cut out toasted sandwiches/crisps etc I would lose my last bit of weight. I am very lucky that I have lost so much but want to get down to my target before xmas if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

HELLO!
    I am 22yrs old, and have been on a diet for 9 months, I have lost 2.5stone and am currently 11stone. The ideal weight for my height is about 10 stone however from just doing my diet I cant seem to shift the final 14lbs,

I comfort eat on savory food and think if I could cut out toasted sandwiches/crisps etc I would lose my last bit of weight. I am very lucky that I have lost so much but want to get down to my target before xmas if possible.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far. You have obviously made a number of changes in your life to get to where you are. Also, the weight loss has been gradual meaning you more likely to keep it off.

Given that you haven't lost anything in the last month it would seem like your calorie intake very closely matches your maintanence requirements. You have identifed the savoury foods as a possible problem area so focus in cutting down/out on these. Even a cut down of 100 calories (gotten by switching from 1 bag of crisps with 180 calories to a bag with 80 calories) a day teamed with some extra exercise and reducing the toasted sheese sandwiches could make the difference you want.

You can have what you like but the key word is 'Moderation'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement