Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan sign senderos

• 25-08-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭

OFFICIAL: MILAN SIGN SENDEROS
    Monday 25 August, 2008
    Philippe Senderos is a Milan player. The Swiss international has joined the Rossoneri on loan from Arsenal.

Milan will have the chance to sign him at fixed price at the end of the next season. Senderos is expected to arrive in Milan in the next few days.

The defender was allowed to move following the arrival of Mikael Silvestre at the Emirates.

More to follow...

hmmm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think Sendoros is a very very very poor player.

strange move altogether. Italy might suit him. and Newcastle should be glad they dodged a bullet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm glad we didn't sign him. Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I honestly thought that this was gonna be a joke when i opened the thread. Like a funny picture or something, like the 'Wenger gets Arshavin' one. I can't actually believe it's true. The Premier League has just lost one of it's poorest defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why? This seems like such a strange move...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This is happy news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He's slow and error prone. Showed promise though, maybe Milan think they can rekindle such promise. Hardly unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Newcastle should be glad they dodged a bullet!

+1 couldn't agree more!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He'll do a Cygan and be quality in Serie A. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

Wenger's plan to completely rid Arsenal of #6 CBs in favour of #5s seems to be complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He always looked like he could be so much better, but wasn't. I think he might suit Serie A better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How many ahead of him in Milan, without looking I'd say quite a few, he will not get the chance there, he's not good enough anyways. Very stupid defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Wenger's plan to completely rid Arsenal of #6 CBs in favour of #5s

Excuse my ignorance, what does this mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Didn't he put in a few pretty decent performances in Europe last season? Probably worth a punt for Milan anyway, worst case they dont have to buy after the loan and have some more cover for the year. Best case he could fit in well with the italian style and be a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

He'll do a Cygan and be quality in Serie A. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

Wenger's plan to completely rid Arsenal of #6 CBs in favour of #5s seems to be complete.

i always thought it was the other way around? i would have always called Senderos more a 5.

anyway... mixed feelings about this. it's apparent now what Wenger's plans for Silvestre are, and i think the two taken together can be viewed as a way of raising additional cash... hope to **** it means he's getting someone else in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

it's apparent now what Wenger's plans for Silvestre are, and i think the two taken together can be viewed as a way of raising additional cash... hope to **** it means he's getting someone else in.
    But supposedly it's only a loan deal, with Milan also agreeing a price that they can get him at next May if they want to. So it doesn't really strike me as a cash-raising move - I'm presuming taking Senderos off the wage bill won't make that much of a difference, especially when you're taking on an experienced, trophy-winning player for a low transfer fee (all suggesting higher wages than Senderos if anything) in his place.

As for Milan, mightn't be a bad deal at all - Senderos' best games (and he had some excellent games) were generally in Europe, where the pace wasn't as high and he could see the game develop a bit better without looking like a headless chicken. He was also great against AC last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    But supposedly it's only a loan deal, with Milan also agreeing a price that they can get him at next May if they want to. So it doesn't really strike me as a cash-raising move - I'm presuming taking Senderos off the wage bill won't make that much of a difference, especially when you're taking on an experienced, trophy-winning player for a low transfer fee (all suggesting higher wages than Senderos if anything) in his place.

yeah i misread that. i'd heard a few days that they supposedly had a bid in so I assumed it was a full transfer.

on Silvestre's wages though, i've read in a few places that he's supposed to have taken a serious pay cut to join the Gunners, particularly in relation to what he was being offered by the other clubs in for him. His motivation for coming to Arsenal seems to have been for the opportunity of working under Wenger, whom most French adore.
    yahoo_moe wrote: »
    As for Milan, mightn't be a bad deal at all - Senderos' best games were generally in Europe, where the pace wasn't as high and he could see the game develop a bit better without looking like a headless chicken.

this could be a very good move for Milan. Senderos is a lot better than most realise, people forget his run in the team to get to the Champions league final, or how well he did at times when Toure was out. he makes more than his fair share of blunders, but I think this in part isn't helped by making only sporadic appearances. i've always though when he gets a good run of games under his belt he looks a very good defender.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, what does this mean?
    He’s got a load of supporting, ‘sweeper’ type centre-backs and no ‘stopper’ Terry/Adams/Campbell types.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

We did wrong when we refused to allow him to play for Serbia?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I, for one, will miss him. His footballing ability reminded me a lot of myself. All that "untapped potential" ;)

We did wrong when we refused to allow him to play for Serbia?:D

Who, Senderos??

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who, Senderos??

Yep,his mother is from Serbia,i heard our guys didnt want him to play for us when he was teenager and later he went in Switzerland to play for them

• Advertisement

Yep,his mother is from Serbia,i heard our guys didnt want him to play for us when he was teenager and later he went in Switzerland to play for them

I remember hearing about Senderos when he was about 17 as he was meant to be the next big thing. He played against Ireland in an underage tournament. I was hoping Liverpool would sign him. We had Stephane Henchoz an the club at the time and with him being a Swiss international himself i thought he might have said something to Houllier. I was gutted when he went to Arsenal. But in hindsight, i'm now delighted. A Stena Sealink can turn quicker than Senderos!

I remember hearing about Senderos when he was about 17 as he was meant to be the next big thing. He played against Ireland in an underage tournament. I was hoping Liverpool would sign him. We had Stephane Henchoz an the club at the time and with him being a Swiss international himself i thought he might have said something to Houllier. I was gutted when he went to Arsenal. But in hindsight, i'm now delighted. A Stena Sealink can turn quicker than Senderos!

Haha,maybe our guys knew he wont have place in starting 11 these days:D

OMG what a strategy in national team we have,perfect:D

Anyway his mom is from Serbia and dad from Spain but he is playing for Swiss....

Haha,maybe our guys knew he wont have place in starting 11 these days:D

OMG what a strategy in national team we have,perfect:D

Anyway his mom is from Serbia and dad from Spain but he is playing for Swiss....

Destined to play for a country beginning with S anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

well as an arsenal fan, there have not being too many lads who have done well when they left the club (- anelka and van bronkhurst got a champions league medal with madrid and barca respectively, overmars did ok with barca till injury, vieria in italy but hardly setting it alight, kanu has not done too badly) part of me is glad senderos is gone a bit too much of a liablility now. its a shame becuase for two seasons, before the world cup 2002, he was brilliant for arsenal but got injured and missed out on the tournament altogether.

ay well, milan must see something in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

A club in a country which is renowned for defensive football sign the one and only Phillipe Senderos?:confused:

Jesus, Milan will be exciting to watch this year. All them attacking players and him at the back. 4-3 wins and losses all over:D

Destined to play for a country beginning with S anyway

Haha good thing in common you found there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Even though he's shít, people will probably still add his name to the list of crucial players Arsenal have lost over the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

it's more a case of another player, regardless of ability, that Arsenal have lost and need to replace.

Arsenal have already signed Silvestre and had Johan Djourou return from being on loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The thing with Big Phil is that he never really got a proper run in the team, he got better with each game last season when he covered for Toure for the anc, then got dropped which I think was a mistake. He always seemed to me to be a player that needed a good run in the team first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

What a strange move for Milan to make but I suppose this says a lot more about the decline in Milan than the quality(or lack of) of Senderos. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thank god he is gone. He flattered to decieve early on in his Arsenal career and then bar the European games he was a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,712 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sweet Jesus, Maldini would be turning in is grave if he were dead.

One of the funniest quotes from last season was from Hamilton in the Livepool v Arsenal match when Torres scored.

"Speed boat versus oil tanker" - or something to that effect.

Boggles wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, Maldini would be turning in is grave if he were dead.

One of the funniest quotes from last season was from Hamilton in the Livepool v Arsenal match when Torres scored.

"Speed boat versus oil tanker" - or something to that effect.

That's right...."the speed boat has just sunk the oil tanker". Does he have these things written down on a pad beforehand just in case certain things happen in a match?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Just when you thought signing Silvestre couldn't be beaten as strangest/bad signing award, Milan do it.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Just when you thought signing Silvestre couldn't be beaten as strangest/bad signing award, Milan do it.

Silvestres signing might be strange, only time will tell if it is bad thou.

His head is too big to be a top 4 footballer imo

CHD wrote: »
    His head is too big to be a top 4 footballer imo

Whats a top 4 footballer?

His head his physically too big, or he has an attitude problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    Silvestres signing might be strange, only time will tell if it is bad thou.

only time will tell if any signing is bad ya lunatic.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    only time will tell if any signing is bad ya lunatic.

Good Morning Master Alan.

• Advertisement

No he just has a massive head, Physically. If he stood in the same spot for a while he would begin to sink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Think is a bad signing?

We just let Oddo go to bayern on a loan FOR FREE... makes no sense...

Also, we signed Flavalli two years ago and Ba last summer... I don't Understand Galliani...

Advertisement