Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ears rejected piercings when I was a kid, will they be ok now?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For a start I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before!

I had my ears pierced with a gun when I was 12 and they never healed. Months and months of infectedness and constant agony. Naturally the jewelry was cheap muck from Accessorize. But I really want to get them done again.

I had my labret pierced years ago and have never had a problem with it. Do you reckon getting my ears done properly this time in a reputable establishment would be okay? Or are my ears just faulty?

Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Get em done by a professional piercer and all should be ok. There is loads of reasons why the could have rejected, but you're older now and hopefully know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

What Will said, when done properly with the correct kit you shouldn't have a problem, only one way to find out anyway ;)

Best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Cheers folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Yaaaa, get it done professionally and use good kind of jewellery to prevent rejection

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Go to a proper piercing studio and get them done with a needle rather that somewhere that'll do them with a gun and you'll be way better off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

You were probably allergic to the nickel in the cheap earrings initially. I had that problem when I was a kid. They use titanium in piercing parlours afaik so that might be why your labret was ok.

Advertisement