Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bought a cheap bike struggling to put it together

Options
  • 25-08-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a bike in Dunnes the other day to replace the second bike nicked from town this year. dirt cheap 89 quid , probabaly fall apart but will do for the moment.

anyway , got the brakes sorted after a bit of work but im struggling big time with the gears, front & back.

I can get them into position to where the chain turns freely without the cables tightened but anytime i go to tighten up the cables i seem to mess it up.

anyone know of somewhere in the Dub 7/15 area i could bring to get it sorted.

or if anyone who is handy at this sort of thing and is willing to have a look at it i would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

There's a bike shop on Annamoe Terrace in Phibsboro/Cabra. Not sure if they do repairs - probably best to call them first.
    eoinf wrote: »
    Hi

I bought a bike in Dunnes the other day to replace the second bike nicked from town this year. dirt cheap 89 quid , probabaly fall apart but will do for the moment.

anyway , got the brakes sorted after a bit of work but im struggling big time with the gears, front & back.

I can get them into position to where the chain turns freely without the cables tightened but anytime i go to tighten up the cables i seem to mess it up.

anyone know of somewhere in the Dub 7/15 area i could bring to get it sorted.

or if anyone who is handy at this sort of thing and is willing to have a look at it i would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Eoin

Advertisement