Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would a brand new bicycle wheel cost?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey,

My front wheel got robbed on Saturday. I bought a new one this morning because I needed to get to work quick smart but never checked beforehand how much they should cost, approx like. can anyone fill me in. I've no idea. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Asparagus wrote: »
    Hey,

My front wheel got robbed on Saturday. I bought a new one this morning because I needed to get to work quick smart but never checked beforehand how much they should cost, approx like. can anyone fill me in. I've no idea. thanks!

It all depends on where you get it/what you get. Like you a while back, I had one stolen and needed a new one pronto -ended up costing about 90 quid for the wheel, tyre and tube.

Online, you could save a huge amount, but you don't get the instant gratification

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

How much is a car?

What type of bike have ya got, what was the previous wheel and how much would you be willing to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

A basic box-section rim hybrid wheel would go for around the €40 mark in a Dublin bike shop. Tube €5-7, tyre €12-25. As the lads have said it varies a lot depending on what sort of wheel you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Asparagus

got a hybrid bike.

I bought the wheel already but was afraid of people on the internet calling me a fool if I revealed the outrageous amount I paid. I just had a sinking feeling that I'd been charged way too much. Paid €60 for wheel, tube and tyre. phew, sounds about right. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hey, we don't have any bike snobbery around here...tempted to call you a fool for the sake of it though!

Best bet with these things is always to shop around, I know you were in a rush and all but it pays off in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Asparagus

I know. spontaneous purchase. I was so pissed off that my wheel got robbed but now, bike is back to normal and I can forget it happened. and lock my bike with 40 locks from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am selling my old commuter, it s MTB style 15" ( u have to be about 5foot and female if you want it ) anyone looking for anything like that let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I lost a front wheel at Milltown Luas station.

Unbolter with a spanner - bast*rds!

Since bought a 10mm Abus coil to supplement locking.

It's a pain in the fisóg having a wheel nicked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Advertisement