Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Ivey Messing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Just found out Q3 is called the 'Gay Waiter' ;
    'Queen with a tray'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

'Queen with a tray'

2 bonus points plus a blinkety blinkers cheque book and pen if you get this one

The Termite......

I'll give you 2 seconds to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

'Queen with a tray'

I've wanted to know that for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Cardplayer wrote:

He finished off the $10,000 chicken and rice he had ordered when he sat down and then left the tournament area.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

mick84 wrote: »
    Most people that replied said they would call with the dead mans hand and other mad hands.

WHAT ?????

Even if he told you that he was going all-in blind you would not call.
    Would you risk your whole tournament on a complete gamble ?

And if you say YES. Ask yourself this would you gamble 10,000 on a black jack hand ?

It the same situation.

Dont reply saying "ill gamble with **** hand" because u know you wouldn't. Unless you had kk or aa

Its a mad play by Phil simple as that .

Why is this guy getting a hard time? Anyone who would even concider calling with a8 shouldn't be allowed play poker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

jtsuited wrote: »
    isn't deadman's hand a 5 card draw hand?

LOL, yes I did indeed mean 5-card-draw. Was in a HORSE tourney and had stud on the brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tackle69 wrote: »
    Why is this guy getting a hard time? Anyone who would even concider calling with a8 shouldn't be allowed play poker.

lol.

If I was rolled for the game I call with Q8.

If it was a €20 freezeout what do you call with?

bohsman wrote: »
    lol.

If I was rolled for the game I call with Q8.

If it was a €20 freezeout what do you call with?

It doesn't matter what type of buyin it is.... Against 34, a8 or q8 is only a 60/40 favourite.... why put all your chips on the line for those odds in the first hand of a tournament with so much play in it? How could anyone know he is pushing with 34? He could have q9 or a10 just as easy and then you'd be screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im only 60 40 favourite against 34 but Im screwed against AT?

bohsman wrote: »
    Im only 60 40 favourite against 34 but Im screwed against AT?

with a8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It doesn't matter what type of buyin it is.... Against 34, a8 or q8 is only a 60/40 favourite.... why put all your chips on the line for those odds in the first hand of a tournament with so much play in it? How could anyone know he is pushing with 34? He could have q9 or a10 just as easy and then you'd be screwed

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 57.291% 55.95% 01.34% 1173537003 28178640.50 { QhTd }
    Hand 1: 42.709% 41.37% 01.34% 867678116 28178640.50 { random }

If your not willing to get your money in ahead, no matter how marignal, then I think your the one who shouldnt be playing poker.*

*I kid I kid, having scared money like you at the table is always +ev, dont ever quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

a8 is a snap fist pump call

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

a8 is a snap kick pump the chair while fist pumping call.

If Ivey was UTG and he shoved and was called by MP2, if we were on the BTN what would peoples calling range be?

MP2 is unknown, you've never seen him before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Gay-PinkGuy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

a8 is a snap fist pump call

It would have been golden if someone did have the fabled 'dead man's hand' or 'A8'.

I can picture it now...

"CALL, A8, YOU'RE A DEAD MAN IVEY, A DEAD ****ING MAN!!!"

*Fist pump*

Fittingly, Ivey probably would have dropped dead with a combination of fear, shock and respect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

If Ivey was UTG and he shoved and was called by MP2, if we were on the BTN what would peoples calling range be?

MP2 is unknown, you've never seen him before.

q10 he has q9 obv.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 57.291% 55.95% 01.34% 1173537003 28178640.50 { QhTd }
    Hand 1: 42.709% 41.37% 01.34% 867678116 28178640.50 { random }

If your not willing to get your money in ahead, no matter how marignal, then I think your the one who shouldnt be playing poker.*

*I kid I kid, having scared money like you at the table is always +ev, dont ever quit.

Its not scared money... its just the smart play... i can't believe that so called respected players on here advocate a call with a marginal hand such as a8 or even a useless hand like q8... With 200 or 300 bbs in the first few levels, hour long clock etc, i think i know what i'd do with my money regardless of whether is €20 or €10000. No way am i taking a flip.

a8 isn't a marginal hand when there's someone open shoving every hand blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,326 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Its not scared money... its just the smart play... i can't believe that so called respected players on here advocate a call with a marginal hand such as a8 or even a useless hand like q8... With 200 or 300 bbs in the first few levels, hour long clock etc, i think i know what i'd do with my money regardless of whether is €20 or €10000. No way am i taking a flip.

this has to be a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,326 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

'Queen with a tray'

San Francisco Busboy

Lloid insta calls with Q8clubs.

and probably fold kk face up.*:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Agreed, you want to get teh valoo for yer moniez and have a chat with yer mates at the table and get the food at the dinner break and stuff. Putting your money in with A8 is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

It's not a coin-flip. And folding allows Phil Ivey to outplay you without him even having to look at his cards, which is hardly smart play. Of course if you think you have a better than 60% edge against him (or whatever), then fold away. Your superior play will get him in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

How does this thread have so many posts, when interesting hands get about 5...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kobraki

mick84 wrote: »
    Ask yourself this would you gamble 10,000 on a black jack hand ?

Not on one hand, but over the course of 10 minutes or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Itsallzen

Insta call with the Big Lick. Off-suit obviously, for two flush draws!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

is this post a joke??got to be one of the funnier threads i've read over the last while... :D

and how can you claim you would make the same plays if it was for $20 or $10,000?we all know thats not true....

Advertisement