Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports in UCD???

Options
  • 25-08-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'll be starting first year so i want to join some of the sports clubs...:D

Anyyyway, i played hockey and tennis in school so theres no problem joining those...
    But theres a few random sports that i'd like to take up...i know they say "beginners are welcome" but are they really welcome? :rolleyes: or are the sports realistically more catered to people with experience?

Also, I looked into the equestrian club on the website and it says horses are provided for competitions...
    But I have my own horse so can i use him instead??? And does anyone know if livery is available in or near UCD

Sorry for all the questions btw...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

IceICEbaby wrote: »
    I'll be starting first year so i want to join some of the sports clubs...:D

Anyyyway, i played hockey and tennis in school so theres no problem joining those...
    But theres a few random sports that i'd like to take up...i know they say "beginners are welcome" but are they really welcome? :rolleyes: or are the sports realistically more catered to people with experience?

Also, I looked into the equestrian club on the website and it says horses are provided for competitions...
    But I have my own horse so can i use him instead??? And does anyone know if livery is available in or near UCD

Sorry for all the questions btw...:D

I wouldnt join too many clubs...ya wont have time for them all. And yes, they(beginners) are welcome. They have to be so the club will have more of a future. And its also up to yourself to put in the effort to be made welcome.

Advertisement