Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what next? "passed theory test"

• 25-08-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

ok have looked around the forum and other places and cant find anything. basically i just want to know what do i do, i have a full driving licence "car" and after passing the bike theory test do i send in licence and certificate, and the category gets put on my licence or do i have to do the whole photos eye test and get another licence. excuse my ignorance but little confused
    cheers
    dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

I'm nearly sure it gets put onto your car licence but not 100%. Ring the citizens information board, they should be able to help you. (01) 605 9000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

> Get an eye test (and photos) and go get your (stand-alone) provisional Motorcycle "A" License.
    > Ride a motorcycle for 6 months minimum.
    > Apply for driving test.
    > Once you get your Full License, got to the Tax Office and when you apply for the "pink" license you can hand in your Full Car "B" License and get a brand new license with both the "A" and "B" categories stamped.
    > Sorted!

That's the way I'd do it anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

after passing the bike theory test do i send in licence and certificate, and the category gets put on my licence or do i have to do the whole photos eye test and get another licence
    You will have two seperate documents - a pink Driving Licence in category B and a green Learner Permit in category A.

(You'll need completed application form, pics, fee and Theory Test Certificate).

Apply for your test but let them know that you can't take it until 6 months from the date of issue of your Permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

sorted new stand alone provisinal licence it is, thanks for the quick replys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You do not need to get eye tests done for your new provisional as you need to send in your car licence with your bike license application. Once you produce your car licence they presume your eye sight is fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

If you get pulling over on a motorbike and don't have your licence on you, are you allowed 24 hours to produce one at a Garda Station? Just wondering as if it is a combined licence that I'm given, then I will probably just leave it in my car, and forget to take it out on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

If you get pulling over on a motorbike and don't have your licence on you, are you allowed 24 hours to produce one at a Garda Station? Just wondering as if it is a combined licence that I'm given, then I will probably just leave it in my car, and forget to take it out on the bike.

I always keep mine in my wallet and I never leave home without my wallet sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

if you dont have a licence on you, you will be asked to produce it in 10days at a garda station of your choice, which you nominate there and then.
    same as in a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I always keep mine in my wallet and I never leave home without my wallet sorted
    Mine is falling apart because of this... Stoopid pink paper licenses.
    Why is it so difficult to produce a credit card type license?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,453 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you get pulling over on a motorbike and don't have your licence on you, are you allowed 24 hours to produce one at a Garda Station?

No. All drivers of vehicles (any type) must carry their licence at all times, failure to do so is an offence.
    Just wondering as if it is a combined licence that I'm given, then I will probably just leave it in my car, and forget to take it out on the bike.

A learner permit is a separate document. If/when you pass your bike test, the bike category will be added to your full licence, you are only allowed to hold one full licence document.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement